Free or paid app

Have you found the benefits to the paid app version.

Replies

• wdruker
    wdruker Posts: 77 Member
    I was wondering the same thing? I don't know if it's worth it. It seems most of what I've seen so far, I can just google on the internet.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Free. I have never had a reason to want the paid version.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    ive been on here years and years and years. i see no reason for the paid version.

the ads are annoying though, but whatever. if it keeps it free LOL
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,537 Member
    I've been here almost ten years on the free app. It's given me all I need.

I don't pay enough attention to macros and stuff like that, so it's never appealed to me.

What are your goals?
  • MichelleMcKeeRN
    MichelleMcKeeRN Posts: 450 Member
    I pay now only for the macro counts. I did years of the free version. The free version is almost the same as the paid version.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    edited January 2021
    Many of the premium features can be done in the free version with workarounds, but honestly that's only if you really want to dial into your nutrition to athlete level. If you're here for general weight loss, gain or maintenance I think the free version is just fine and even in Premium there are still endless MFP blog posts cluttering up the newsfeed which might as well be ads.
  • melodys_attic
    melodys_attic Posts: 114 Member
    I'm not impressed with the paid version. I'm doing it on the one month trial. I may just cancel before the month is through. The only difference I see is less ads. And some of the ads are actually interesting!
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Paid. Love it!! No adds!! I am able to personalize macro/micro nutrients among other things :):)
  • DarlaJL82
    DarlaJL82 Posts: 58 Member
    Paid is better for me. Being able to watch the macros and getting rid of the ads is a big deal. I do most of my logging on my phone while on the go. Before I went to the premium version it was so slow because of the ads, it made me skip logging which made it less accurate. The macro information keeps me eating balanced instead of just low calorie. Being diabetic with high blood pressure and NAFLD, my goal is to be healthy in weight and nutrition. Changing my whole diet and starting to exercise regularly was tough enough and the paid app made it a little easier. Plus, since I pay for it, it makes me think I'm wasting money if I don't use it.
  • rainbowblu
    rainbowblu Posts: 119 Member
    Free..You can change your Macros on the side tab for free.The paid version just tells you the ratios at each meal..I just set my Carb level to 15% And make sure my protein is high enough..If I'm eating too many carbs at breakfast,the lil warning thing tells me,so no need to pay..But,I also check my labels before putting things in my mouth,so free works for me.
  • dtj85
    dtj85 Posts: 3 Member
    paid. gives extra incentive to use it so not to waste the money!
  • exhilen
    exhilen Posts: 43 Member
    I’m trying the month trial on this newish account (I’ve been on MFP for about 9 years), and the only difference I see is that I can actually read forums on the mobile app. I’m guessing because the ads are removed. The free version just gives me the spinning wheel of death, even on an iPhone 12. If anything, it makes me more angry not to purchase premium, because Underarmour has run this site into the ground with ongoing bugs.

As a lifter, the more detailed macro breakdowns are nice, but not enough for me to pay.
  • kabailz13
    kabailz13 Posts: 18 Member
    I paid for the premium version when I was doing keto. Now that I am focusing simply on CICO, no... it's no longer worth the cost to me
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    until they can get the free version not glitchy, I'm not paying for it.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    FREE version, 9 years now....and I am an athlete, I know what my goals are and head for them even macro wise, don't need tweaked version...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!