Accountability buddy

Replies

• bumpbreakcar
    bumpbreakcar Posts: 191 Member
    @PatriceFitnessPal Yassss let’s get it
  • beshamama
    beshamama Posts: 240 Member
    And I’m back!! I have never done New Year’s resolutions before but after the year we had I feel like going into 2021 with some positive goals will be really helpful. I don’t want them to be all weight based because I don’t want to live like that 🤣 here they are
    *By this time next year I would really like to have lost 20lbs. My very very long lofty goal is to be 150 by Jan 1st 2022
    *Do some kind of exercise everyday for at least 30mins
    *Read more books
    *Don’t spend so much time on my silly phone
    *Be kind to myself.

Hope you all are doing well and that 2021 is good to you
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Happy new year all. Back at it today. Time to make some progress.
  • kmccrom
    kmccrom Posts: 74 Member
    Happy New year to all! Here we are...

@beshamama I love your goals! Keep showing up here and I’ll support you as I can

@PatriceFitnessPal I love your detailed lists with the checks and Xes. Such a good way to see progress. Also you are so mathematical about where you’re headed and I think that’s awesome. You’re like a scientist that has dissected something and can see just where you’re going and how to get there. Thanks so much for your activity here and detailed support of all of us.

@renaegry let’s go for it this year! I’m behind you rooting you on!

I am happy to have come through the holidays without too much damage. Without our normal extended family gatherings it was hard not to make food the primary focus and I wanted to celebrate with the nuclear family. Also I had two separate bingeing episodes that I wanted to document here in the hopes that I can understand them better.

The first one involved a bunch of stocking stuffer candy that I bought for me and my teen girls. I wasn’t too bingy on Christmas itself, but a couple of days later I sat down with a book and and ate so many york peppermint patties, laffy taffy’s
    And Lindt truffles that I made my stomach hurt. I felt gross and Shamefilled afterwards, but I just took a deep breath and tried not to overreact. When I did Noom in 2019 they talked about the importance of having an oh well attitude at times and not going into a shame spiral. So that was the approach I took.

The second incident was New Year’s Day when I ate a bunch of ice cream. This was an improvement from the other because I didn’t get a stomach ache. I actually enjoyed the heck out of my Jamoca almond fudge. So I don’t know if it was so bad. I guess it was kind of like a cheat day?

In any case, I am sorry if this is tmi for some of you. I want to post about it because I think that incidents like these are part of why I’ve gained weight over the years. If I can minimize them and not be full of shame about them, I think I can still reach my goals.

Speaking of my goals...

* I’m still shooting for 167. I’m not sure when my target date is exactly for achieving that. Right now I’m at 180.4 which is 6.5 lbs down from when I got back on mfp in November. So I’m pleased with my progress.
    * I want to keep logging every day. I get tired of it, but it helps me understand what I’m eating and whether or not I’m on track
    * Fitness wise, I am committed to daily yoga practice and either a bike ride, hike, walk, or trampoline workout every day. In December I did yoga twice a day and it was great for my mood and also for distracting me when I might have otherwise eaten out of boredom. It’s harder to do that with a busy work schedule but a little easier within the realities of teaching from home.
    * I want to keep my head screwed on straight about food and enjoy it intentionally. This helps me not to feel deprived and makes hitting my calorie goal daily mire sustainable.
    * I want to show up here regularly so that I can support the rest of you and feel the sense of community that helps me keep my focus.

Thanks for reading my long post and for being with me on this journey. Here’s to a good 2021!

• kmccrom
    @hollyfit05 welcome and good luck with your goals! Tell me more about your clean eating, I’d love to learn more.
    I think walking daily is an awesome goal. It’s such a perfect exercise. Do you live somewhere where you can walk outside daily?
  • kmccrom
    @Steph_135 I know just what you mean about feeling like I deserve snacks that derail me. I’m going to be working in that a lot this year, trying to be balanced about treat foods. What works for you in this area?
  • kmccrom
    @bumpbreakcar Im glad that you’re going to be checking in more regularly... did you set a more specific goal regarding this like x times a week? I’m trying to figure out how to do this. Also I like your smoothie recipe. My daughter was making smoothies all summer but has stopped making them in the winter because it feels so cold that they don’t appeal. Does that affect you?
  • kmccrom
    @BronTonRollyBeau glad you’re here! What are your specific goals? How’s it going in Australia? You probably could be enjoying smoothies since it’s summer 😊
  • kmccrom
    @Pokadot89 welcome! I think it’s really important to find friends here that can support you. What kid of support do you think would help? Posting here and receiving feedback? Private messages for sharing how you’re doing? Fitness or eating suggestions? I am open to all and would like to hear from other people about what is helpful to them
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Afternoon all. Hope everyone is doing well. Just finished today’s workout. Did 40 min on treadmill incline of 2.0 and speed 3.8. Then did day 1 of a 28 day core workout thru mfp and a strength mobility Fitbit coach workout. So far my calories should be on par for the day. I try not to eat all my workout calories but usually dip into them abit.
  • tara_mcconnell
    tara_mcconnell Posts: 16 Member
    Hello everyone! Happy New year.... it’s time for a NEW me ! I am looking for more motivational and inspirational friends here. I will provide the same support to those of who that want or need it. Feel free to add me 🙌🏻 Let’s do this
  • hollyfit05
    hollyfit05 Posts: 4 Member
    kmccrom wrote: »
    @hollyfit05 welcome and good luck with your goals! Tell me more about your clean eating, I’d love to learn more.
    I think walking daily is an awesome goal. It’s such a perfect exercise. Do you live somewhere where you can walk outside daily?

Yes. I live in Florida so temps have been great 😊. I Pretty much eat meat and lots of vegetables daily with lots of water. I am staying away from fast food, fried foods, pretty much if its not fresh im not eating it lol. Already down 4 pounds
  • Pengetsfitter
    Pengetsfitter Posts: 2 Member
    Hey everyone!

I'm new here, trying to get some advice on the best ways to stay accountable. I have tried calorie counting before but consistency has always been my downfall. I'm ready to take control of my health this year and really commit to getting healthier physically and mentally.

I'd really appreciate any advice you've got to offer, and if you fancy supporting each other, feel free to add me 🙃
  • em4557
    em4557 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi everyone,
    I am 20 years old, a female, and I have spent the last 5 years of my life dedicated to fitness and becoming a personal trainer. Over the last year I have went from 18% body fat to 40% which has been my highest. I have been able to over the last few months get down to 28% but I still have 10% to go. I am looking for an accountability buddy that will help me get though the midway hole that I find myself in wanting to give up.
    Please feel free to message me that
    Would be amazing
    Thanks
  • BronTonRollyBeau
    BronTonRollyBeau Posts: 24 Member
    @kmccrom Hi all good here ,Im still trying to set my goals.Mainly aiming to just be more active and lose appx 10kg ( 22 lbs)
    And Yes 🙂 definately having smoothies 👍
  • BronTonRollyBeau
    BronTonRollyBeau Posts: 24 Member
    Todays activity , hopped on the treadmill 30 mins & 20 squats 🚶‍♀️😁
    Just happy I did it & aim for another 3km walk tonight

Hope your day is active and stress free 💁‍♀️
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,322 Member
    edited January 2021
    Welcome, everyone! I just wrote personal replies and encouragement to each new person and lost the post 😕 ... but I’m cheering for all of you. I’ll send more personalized comments when I check in again this week on ‘weigh in day’ For now, here’s my update for the week:

-Abdominal workout with my son at least three times per week through 1/8. So far: ✅✅
    -Physical therapy (PT) for my shoulder twice per week via Telehealth with therapist ✅ and coming up again in 1/6.
    -PT exercises on my own on days that I don’t have an appointment. So far: ✅❌✅
    -Tennis with younger son ✅
    -Walk or hike at least three times per week through 1/8 ❌✅
    -Eat below maintenance level at a minimum but try to meet calorie goal each day. So far: ✅✅✅❌. My goal is 5 of 7 days achieving the 200-calorie daily deficit.

Best wishes on reaching this week’s goals!!
  • highmaintnance
    highmaintnance Posts: 215 Member
    Hello everyone, veterans and new members. I got Covid in December and did not check in for quite awhile! I'm getting back into working out, but it's slow progress. I get so frustrated at how quickly I get tired. Oh well, it will pass. I did get a subscription to Every Plate and got my first box this week. I was happy with it; I changed the recipe of the first meal to cut some of the fat and calories. There are plenty of veggies with the meals I picked. I'm hoping it will decrease the amount of drive thru runs. I'm also on a sweets hiatus for January. Eating cinnamon and honey in my oatmeal every morning and drinking kambucha more often, is helping with the cravings.

I hope everyone has been well. I didn't read all the posts I missed.
  • kmccrom
    Hi everyone just checking in. Getting back to work this week and it is always a mixed bag. I am not restless and bored which distracts me from mindless eating, but I also feel stressed at times. Which is easier for you in terms of meeting goals... work days or days off? Wishing you all the best with your goals this week!
  • etolv
    etolv Posts: 48 Member
    edited January 2021
    @kmccrom It depends. I work a pretty standard work week, M-F 8am-5pm, so my meals throughout the week are scheduled around my work. On the weekends, I'm kind of like a free-range chicken and have no limits to what times of day I eat or what types of food I eat. I try to just keep my portions and snacks sensible.

The flip side of it though, is that on the weekends I get way more activity and movement in - I have time for long walks or hikes, so I think the extra calories I consume are offset by the movement I get in. That said, I like to treat exercise and activity as a celebration of what my body is capable of, not a punishment for things I've eaten. It took me a while to get to that space mentally, but I find that I really enjoy exercise more knowing it's something that I want to do rather than something I have to do. :)