Yoga with Adriene fans

Anyone follow the Yoga with Adriene community/practice?
Looking for new friends who want to start the new year with the 30 day HOME practice for daily check-ins!

Replies

• hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    I’m considering it! I haven’t done much yoga but when i do, it’s with Adriene. Something clicked this holiday season though, and I’ve done some yoga almost every day since Christmas. It’s not a lot, but we’ll see if this is the start of a new habit.
  • Lilypal78
    Lilypal78 Posts: 28 Member
  • behnybaby
    behnybaby Posts: 106 Member
    76Crane76 wrote: »
    Looking for new friends who want to start the new year with the 30 day HOME practice for daily check-ins!
    76Crane76 wrote: »
    I did day “0” this morning, my plan is Adriene every morning 530. For 30 days more of January.

• hidemeupnorth
    hidemeupnorth Posts: 21 Member
    Just completed day 5. I practice with Adriene most mornings. This year I told myself I would really listen and not just go through the motions. It's time to take my practice to a whole new level!

Good luck to all who join, I hope it helps you in whatever way you need it to!
  • Spencerport
    Spencerport Posts: 270 Member
    Yoga with Adriene is how I got into yoga. I want to work on my flexibility during my weight loss and came across her channel on YouTube. Great channel and had very good beginner programs to follow. Never thought I'd enjoy yoga as much as I have, but I attribute that to Adriene.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    I've tried to get into Yoga but haven't been able to. My wife loves her. Maybe I'll check it out. I could use some more flexibility.
  • DaniMerc72
    DaniMerc72 Posts: 188 Member
    I just discovered her and will probably not do the HOME practice every day, but will do it on my non-gym days. it may take me more than 30 days but I'll do them all!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    I've practiced Yoga somewhat regularly over the last few years as a way to maintain flexibility and help recovery from other workouts. I often practice at a yoga studio, but have also followed Adriene's various videos from home.

I really like the fact that she offers many different length videos. I'll sometimes follow one of her 10-20 minute practices first thing in the morning as a way to start my day. I always feel great after doing so.

• donidaily
    donidaily Posts: 825 Member
    Who is still on the HOME journey? I started late and am up to day 15. Would love to find others practicing regularly for yoga chat! 🧘‍♀️
  • tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    I've been wanting to learn yoga and my counselor recommended her. I just took a look at her channel and I'm going to give it a shot.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,257 Member
    While I would love to do yoga, but I worry that as an obese 71 year old, I wouldn't be able to do the moves justice. However I'd already decided that even if I can't presently do the moves, I can follow along and do what I can, and that will be beneficial. So, serendipitously, I came across this thread.

I don't imagine I can contribute much in yoga discussions, but I think I will attempt Adriene's 30 Days of Yoga.

Thanks for bumping the thread!

Adriene is perfect for you. She makes yoga doable for everyone. She's been in the news a bit (NYT just did a piece about her) and the hype is real. Our planet needs more Adrienes :heart:

Give her a try. Everybody starts somewhere. Where you start is where *you* start :)
  • ejec
    ejec Posts: 9 Member
    I did Day 1 today. I love her 30
    Day programs and made me look forward to January :)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    I just began the BREATH 30 day challenge and absolutely love Adriene so far!
  • nikki_dw
    nikki_dw Posts: 126 Member
    I love yoga! I used to live in an area with a great studio. Since I loved to a more rural area, I have fallen out of practice this sounds fun!
  • skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    Me! Trying to get back into a daily practice, so been doing some of her older videos whilst I waited with (ready for the pun?) baited breath (groan). :D
  • skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    Day 2 just done. Lovely reflection of 'Arrive' on the inhale which I added to with 'Abide' (part of my daily prayer meditation) on the exhale. So calming, even in the midst of mountain climber :D:smiley:
  • donidaily
    Wonderful! So glad to have some fellow travelers here. I miss yoga classes but still get so much out of Adriene's videos, especially the 30 day programs ♥️ She really layers the movements and teachings over the 30 days so sticking with it is so rewarding. I'm already loving this one!

@skinnyrev2b those mountain climbers were spicy, oof
  • donidaily
    While I would love to do yoga, but I worry that as an obese 71 year old, I wouldn't be able to do the moves justice. However I'd already decided that even if I can't presently do the moves, I can follow along and do what I can, and that will be beneficial. So, serendipitously, I came across this thread.

I don't imagine I can contribute much in yoga discussions, but I think I will attempt Adriene's 30 Days of Yoga.

Thanks for bumping the thread!

Great approach following along and doing what you can, you're a natural yogi :)