Wow, I need to lose 85 pounds!!!

Hi everyone,

I am really new to this site. But not new to dieting. I read once, you can tell how overweight someone is by counting the number of diet books they own, and that's me!!! I have tried them all, and stuck with none. My best weight loss story was when I attended Overeaters Anonymous and lost 15 pounds in 3 weeks. Of course, then I fell off the wagon and put it back on plus more.

I really am thrilled that I found this site. I like having to input my daily meals as it makes me more aware of the calories that I consume daily.

I just wanted to say hello, and welcome any buddies out there on this journey of mine.

Replies

• Benue183
    Benue183 Posts: 5
    Hi everyone,

I am really new to this site. But not new to dieting. I read once, you can tell how overweight someone is by counting the number of diet books they own, and that's me!!! I have tried them all, and stuck with none. My best weight loss story was when I attended Overeaters Anonymous and lost 15 pounds in 3 weeks. Of course, then I fell off the wagon and put it back on plus more.

I really am thrilled that I found this site. I like having to input my daily meals as it makes me more aware of the calories that I consume daily.

I just wanted to say hello, and welcome any buddies out there on this journey of mine.
  • jchudon
    jchudon Posts: 33 Member
    Welcome aboard!

Lots of people trying to sell us "the diet"... To me, counting what I eat vs. what I spend is the only that works. In addition, it's free!!! :wink:

Wish you luck and I hope this time will be for good :bigsmile:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hi everyone,

Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web! Believe me, I hear you with all the weight loss tries! I've ALSO done Over Eater's, as well as just about everything else out there, including hypnosis, TWICE! And nothing really worked until I came here to MFP! :love:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :smile:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Welcome to the boards to both of you!

This site is great & it is filled with tons of success stories from people with multiple types of backgrounds & issues. Anybody can follow this "program" & it works great!

Good luck to both of you on your journies! :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site, it is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,904 Member
    :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: Welcome to MFP. This has all the support of all the weight loss groups plus the feeling that we are there for you 24/7.:bigsmile: I started this latest journey on my own by deciding to eat three meals and a snack planned ahead of time and gradually moved on one day at time taking baby steps. :bigsmile: I've learned so much from my new friends on MFP and have added better eating, more exercise, and a greater willingness to stick with the program.

I wish that and a lot more for you.:bigsmile:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Welcome!!

When I started in Jan 08 I walked away when I saw I had 60 pounds to lose!!

In June I came back and decided to lose 10 pounds. I have lost 10 pounds 3 times now!!

So try to break it up, it will not feel quite so hard!

Good luck:drinker: