NO MORE LATE NIGHT SNACKING IN 2021 -- JANUARY 2021 CHALLENGE

lamlamsmakeover
lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
NEW YEAR -- NEW CHALLENGE!

If you haven't seen this challenge before, let me brief you about it:

We started this thinking: "Looks like I'm self-sabotaging by munching/bingeing after dinner" or "Mhmm... I'm kinda doubling my in-calories at night".

What you have to do to change the way you feel about your eating at night:

- decide what late night snacking means to you (could be either bingeing, if you're inclined to it or simply eating anything at all after a certain time; some may find that having a healthy snack after dinner is perfectly alright and be upset only when they go overboard)

- report in the thread. We post by the formula:
Me: X vs. LNS: Y,
where X is "how many evenings you stuck to it" and Y "the times late night snacks won". You may want to also add a * to the latest number. Feel free to also post streaks of how many days (in a row) you've managed to be free of late night snacking

It's as simple as that. Or as complicated , as you will discover. Nevertheless, the persistence and good results of some of our "old" members (and some people keep coming back) show that the battle is worthwhile!

Have I touched a cord? Then: You are welcome!

Replies

• 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,078 Member
    Joining
  • clutterqueen
    clutterqueen Posts: 1,652 Member
    I’m here for another round!
  • melodylaughlin
    melodylaughlin Posts: 8 Member
    I am here joining for the first time!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,897 Member
    I was doing well in December until Holiday Season - and then I wrecked. I aim for a better January performance.

Me: 0
    LNS: 0

Streak 0
  • Mewlingstork
    Mewlingstork Posts: 266 Member
    This sounds like exactly the thing I need - joining, thanks!
  • zyxw1000
    zyxw1000 Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 2021
    Joining!
    Me:1
    LNS:0
  • clutterqueen
    Welcome to all the new friends! Just keep coming back and you will form new habits!
    This challenge has tremendously helped me break the mindless snacking after dinner each night! It took me a month or two to tweak my cutoff times. My first month I made the cutoff time too early for me to be successful. So I changed it and then the following month made it a little earlier. Then I realized I wanted a different weekday and weekend time. YOU are in charge and YOU make your own rules!

My goal is No eating after 7:30 Sunday-Thursday night and 8:30 Saturday and Sunday.

Me: 1
    Streak:1
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Goal is no eating, just water or Partake beer (0% alcohol, 10 cals) after dinner.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,897 Member

Streak +1
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Welcome!!
  • 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,078 Member
    Me1
    Lns0
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Jan 1

LNS: 1*

Streak: 0

It was a busy day yesterday! Worked 4-8 am and then spent the next 6 hours making goodies for friends and my dad and delivering them. Also made a few meals to freeze for hubby and I. By the time I got home and had my dinner, I overindulged in some trail mix and M&M's. I was exhausted!!!!

Here's to success tomorrow!
  • 2furryfriendz
    2furryfriendz Posts: 283 Member
    I’m joining this.
    I started this on December 31. My goal is not snacking after 7pm.

Me: 2

Streak of 2 days!! Yeah!
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Jan 1

Streak: 1
  • Mewlingstork
    Mewlingstork Posts: 266 Member
    LNS: 1*

Happy New Year to me - my period started yesterday morning right before I left for the gym. My general plan has been intermittent fasting from about 7pm - 12pm most days but TOM has me struggling. Goal is maintain for this week and then bump my calories back down when the rage eating subsides a bit. :D
  • krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,809 Member
    edited January 2021
    December has been non-stop munching. I'm weaning myself down to 7.30. This week no eating after 9.00pm
    Me: 2

Streak: 2
  • zyxw1000
    zyxw1000 Posts: 3 Member
    Me:2
    Streak: 2 days :))
  • clutterqueen
    Me:2