2021🌟30-Pound Challenge🌟

Replies

• jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,723 Member
    Welcome Team 30 friends & Happy New Year! 🥳

Last year I lost a total of 15 pounds in 6 months, and I’m ready to lose 30 pounds this year with you.

Starting weight: 214 pounds on 1/1/2021
    Height: 5’8”
    Goal weight: 184

Weekly Check-In:
    January 1: 214
    January 3:
    January 10:
    January 17:
    January 24:
    January 31:

This week’s successes:
    ✔️walked Roxie for 30 minutes this morning

This week’s challenges:
    • none yet, today is the first day!

We can do this Team 30!
  • Hope_bay74
    Hope_bay74 Posts: 273 Member
    Good Morning All!

Thanks for starting this. I have put on a ton of weight the past few years and I am ready to truly work at getting rid of it with the support of all of you.

Tomorrow, my new home gym will be completed. I will work on my mind, body and soul this year.

Starting weight: 195 pounds on 1/1/2021

Height: 5’7”
    Goal weight: 145

Weekly Check-In:
    January 1:
    January 3:
    January 10:
    January 17:
    January 24:
    January 31:

This week’s successes:
    Brought in the new year with an early walk (3am) with my wife, son and dog.

This week’s challenges:
    • none yet, today is the first day!

• jm216
    Welcome new friends!

Glad you’re on the journey with us!

Jill
  • jm216
    Good morning,

I didn’t reach my 10K steps yesterday (8777), but I did get 30 minutes of exercise in. I logged all of my food yesterday, but went over my calories. I’m happy with my progress from yesterday overall. Keeping in mind that I’m setting back into the routine of good habits. Progress not perfection.

Have a great Saturday!

Jill ☕️
  • Bill70sStrong
    Bill70sStrong Posts: 1,143 Member
    1 hour and 46 minute slushy trail run for my cardio today.
  • jm216
    1 hour and 46 minute slushy trail run for my cardio today.
    Nice Job, Bill!
  • TreshaA2
    TreshaA2 Posts: 10 Member
    I missed yesterday's weigh in!
    Height : 5'4"
    Goal: 165
    Today: 202.4
    This week's challenge: get my exercise in daily.
    Christened the new air fryer tonight!! Yay for healthy chicken!!
    Question-- how do I get this feed to show up on email alerts? Does everyone bookmark the page and just go find it each day?? Thanks!!
  • jm216
    TreshaA2 wrote: »
    I missed yesterday's weigh in!
    Height : 5'4"
    Goal: 165
    Today: 202.4
    This week's challenge: get my exercise in daily.
    Christened the new air fryer tonight!! Yay for healthy chicken!!
    Question-- how do I get this feed to show up on email alerts? Does everyone bookmark the page and just go find it each day?? Thanks!!

You can click on the star at the top of this page to the right to bookmark it and save it.

I’m not sure if you can get an email alert... 🤔😁
  • Mita19
    Mita19 Posts: 43 Member
    Hi all! I would like to join.

Height: 5’4”
    Starting weight: 172
    Goal weight: 140 by the end of May (My daughters wedding)
  • jm216
    Mita19 wrote: »
    Hi all! I would like to join.

Starting weight: 172
    Goal weight: 140 by the end of May (My daughters wedding)

Welcome!
    It’s great that you’ve got your goal to work toward. 💒
  • mtg0135
    mtg0135 Posts: 3 Member
    50lbs would a stretch goal for me but I need to get under 200. Currently at 225 and just turned 50. Primary goal is to take off 25 to 30lbs but there's no reason to stop there!
  • Kathie7661
    Kathie7661 Posts: 18 Member
    Hello everyone! Started MFP again and looking forward to staying consistent w logging and exercise. 2021 goal - 60th bday in 6 months, looking to lose 30+ lb.

SW - 171
    Height - 5' 0"
    GW for 60th birthday - 140

Meal prepping/planning and trying new recipes with new foods will keep me on track!
  • jm216
    mtg0135 wrote: »
    50lbs would a stretch goal for me but I need to get under 200. Currently at 225 and just turned 50. Primary goal is to take off 25 to 30lbs but there's no reason to stop there!

Welcome to the team! Your 1st goal is 30 and your stretch goal is 50. You can do this!
  • jm216
    Kathie7661 wrote: »
    Hello everyone! Started MFP again and looking forward to staying consistent w logging and exercise. 2021 goal - 60th bday in 6 months, looking to lose 30+ lb.

SW - 171
    Height - 5' 0"
    GW for 60th birthday - 140

Meal prepping/planning and trying new recipes with new foods will keep me on track!

Welcome to the team, Kathie! We’re here for you!
  • eminater
    eminater Posts: 2,477 Member

HSW: 258
    UGW: 148

Challenge Start Weight: 212.9 lbs
    Challenge goal - 175 lbs - hopefully by summer!

Weekly Check-In:
    January 1: 212.9 lbs
    January 3:
    January 10:
    January 17:
    January 24:
    January 31:

This week’s successes:
    have re-started logging absolutely everything. This was an old habit. I have now gotten into the swing again and hope I can maintain that.

This week’s challenges:
    winter is keeping me inactive. But the biggest challenge, starting work tomorrow - I need to make time to consistently log everything. Working from home helps a little as I can weigh everything.
  • pamelajmcnab
    pamelajmcnab Posts: 18 Member
    Hi, everyone! My name's Pam and I live in Virginia on a farm with my husband and various animals.
    This will be my umpteenth time of beginning a major health renovation! (Notice I avoided the "d" word!)

My history: I have lost 50 or more pounds several times in my life only to gain it all back eventually. (Duh, or I wouldn't be here starting over again. GAH!) I really don't know why I let things derail me so I think that will be my biggest challenge. If I get off track, I need to recognize it and regroup.

Pre-existing conditions: My only known health challenge is a left knee that will need replacing sometime in the not too distant future. (I broke my patella in 2004 and consider myself lucky that the surgeons didn't replace it then.)

2020 was not a good year. I don't even know how much weight I gained. I nicknamed them my "Corona Carbs." ;) My family suffered several major stressful life events, although fortunately none related to COVID. I am a HS teacher. I have never worked harder in my 30+ years of teaching than during this school year with a blended classroom, but I won't even get into that. 2021 has to be better if only because I take more control of me.

Starting weight: 238 pounds on 1/3/2021
    Goal weight: 165

Weekly Check-In:
    January 3: 238
    January 10:
    January 17:
    January 24:
    January 31:

This week’s goals: (I am starting small by setting goals I know I can achieve.)
    *Drink 64 oz water every day
    *Get 150 minutes of intentional exercise
    *Write in my blog every day.

This week’s challenges:
    *Going back to school
    *Cutting back on things with added sugar
    *Cutting back on alcohol

I'm looking forward to getting to know people here, cheering our successes and hopefully finding motivation and friendship!
  • jm216
    Starting weight: 214 pounds on 1/1/2021
    Height: 5’8”
    Goal weight: 184

Weekly Check-In:
    January 1: 214
    January 3: 211.6
    January 10:
    January 17:
    January 24:
    January 31:

This week’s successes:
    ✔️walked Roxie for 30 minutes 2 times since Jan 1st
    ✔️ Shoveled snow yesterday for an hour
    ✔️ Stayed under calorie goal 2 of 3 days
    ✔️Logging my food as I eat it.
    ✔️Prepping/ planning for meals in advance

This week’s challenges:
    • Keep the momentum going

We can do this Team 30!

Jill
  • jm216
    eminater wrote: »

HSW: 258
    UGW: 148

Challenge Start Weight: 212.9 lbs
    Challenge goal - 175 lbs - hopefully by summer!

Weekly Check-In:
    January 1: 212.9 lbs
    January 3:
    January 10:
    January 17:
    January 24:
    January 31:

This week’s successes:
    have re-started logging absolutely everything. This was an old habit. I have now gotten into the swing again and hope I can maintain that.

This week’s challenges:
    winter is keeping me inactive. But the biggest challenge, starting work tomorrow - I need to make time to consistently log everything. Working from home helps a little as I can weigh everything.

We’ve got similar goals! Glad we’re on this journey together!

Jill
  • jm216
    Hi, everyone! My name's Pam and I live in Virginia on a farm with my husband and various animals.
    This will be my umpteenth time of beginning a major health renovation! (Notice I avoided the "d" word!)

My history: I have lost 50 or more pounds several times in my life only to gain it all back eventually. (Duh, or I wouldn't be here starting over again. GAH!) I really don't know why I let things derail me so I think that will be my biggest challenge. If I get off track, I need to recognize it and regroup.

Pre-existing conditions: My only known health challenge is a left knee that will need replacing sometime in the not too distant future. (I broke my patella in 2004 and consider myself lucky that the surgeons didn't replace it then.)

2020 was not a good year. I don't even know how much weight I gained. I nicknamed them my "Corona Carbs." ;) My family suffered several major stressful life events, although fortunately none related to COVID. I am a HS teacher. I have never worked harder in my 30+ years of teaching than during this school year with a blended classroom, but I won't even get into that. 2021 has to be better if only because I take more control of me.

Starting weight: 238 pounds on 1/3/2021
    Goal weight: 165

Weekly Check-In:
    January 3: 238
    January 10:
    January 17:
    January 24:
    January 31:

This week’s goals: (I am starting small by setting goals I know I can achieve.)
    *Drink 64 oz water every day
    *Get 150 minutes of intentional exercise
    *Write in my blog every day.

This week’s challenges:
    *Going back to school
    *Cutting back on things with added sugar
    *Cutting back on alcohol

I'm looking forward to getting to know people here, cheering our successes and hopefully finding motivation and friendship!

Welcome Pamela!

This is the perfect place to celebrate your successes and face setbacks and move forward in the journey. It doesn’t matter how many times you start over as long as you keep going.

Jill ❤️