JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Replies

• shenna333
    shenna333 Posts: 100 Member

JFT 1/2/21:
    Deal with the mail. They don't live here anymore but their mail sure does✅
    Do a little meal planning✅
    Get at least 3 bills paid :#
    Think I want to do a small garden this year. Start figuring out what I am willing to keep up with

Let's face it, I am never going to read all that crap that comes in the mail and either are the kids. The meal planning turned more into a meal prep, and think I will do more today, things are getting lost in the fridge. It has been a while since I had any herbs growing so I think I will start there. I'll do some pots in the kitchen for now. Also want a few flower pots up front for a splash of color. Something easy like pansies and morning glory. I always feel better when I pay the bills straight away at the 1st of month, but I am a terrible procrastinator.

JFT: 1/3 Sun

PAY BILLS!
    Work on kitchen counters. They have become a ridiculous catch all for everything on the planet

Have a wonderful Sunday!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    Recap 1/2 Sat.
    1) Workout of some kind :smiley: walked dog 3.31 miles slower than usual b/c snow and potential ice still happy dog & happy me
    2) Log all food / net cals zero / 14c water >:) very late breakfast led to mid-afternoon snacking & still eating / drinking holiday leftovers = net cals -923 & 8c :s
    3) Read Advent/Epiphany booklet / Calm or Fitbit meditation = 2/2
    4) Wash dishes / at least one other chore = 2/2
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 7:45 alarm (9:00 church) = 2/5

JFT 1/3 Sun.
    1) 9:00 church :smiley:
    2) X-train :smiley: 30 min.
    3) Prelog / net cals zero / 14c water
    4) Laundry / boil eggs / make chop suey & brown rice / prep lunch, snacks, water bottle & overnight oats / thank you card / prep derm bill
    5) Read Advent/ Epiphany booklet / 3:25 Packers game / Fitbit or Calm meditation
    6) UNPLUG 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / Voltaren / 6:00 alarm (treadmill before work)

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year!
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and continuing to log / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together = excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) = had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement = made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    SUNDAY:

1. Cut hair! I have never cut my own hair before as it is VERY curly and textured, but since most hairdressers mess it up anyhow, I might as well limit my COVID exposure and try my hand at it. I haven't had a haircut in nearly two years and it is the longest it has been in my adult life...and getting hard to dry and manage.
    2. Prep tea for the week
    3. Clean fridge
    4. Meal prep (salad, soup, beans)
    5. Design January WOD/min-workout based on the fitness challenge that my friends are doing.
    6. Lay out clothes for the week...I have not been doing this in quarantine, but I think I need to resume that habit.
    7. Do two mini-workouts
    8. Walk outdoors if possible
    9. Take care of union stuff (I am my office steward and need to send out a message for the new year...but not on work time)
    10. Figure out which new Fitbit to buy as my Flex2 has officially kicked the bucket and it doesn't look like they make that model anymore.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,059 Member
    SUNDAY:

1. Cut hair! I have never cut my own hair before as it is VERY curly and textured, but since most hairdressers mess it up anyhow, I might as well limit my COVID exposure and try my hand at it. I haven't had a haircut in nearly two years and it is the longest it has been in my adult life...and getting hard to dry and manage.
    2. Prep tea for the week
    3. Clean fridge
    4. Meal prep (salad, soup, beans)
    5. Design January WOD/min-workout based on the fitness challenge that my friends are doing.
    6. Lay out clothes for the week...I have not been doing this in quarantine, but I think I need to resume that habit.
    7. Do two mini-workouts
    8. Walk outdoors if possible
    9. Take care of union stuff (I am my office steward and need to send out a message for the new year...but not on work time)
    10. Figure out which new Fitbit to buy as my Flex2 has officially kicked the bucket and it doesn't look like they make that model anymore.

I've cut my own hair before, my hairs straight so granted it was easier but I watched a few YouTube videos as I had no idea where to start. It wasn't perfect I'll admit but it was better than it was.
    Also, make sure you use proper hairdressing scissors, I'm pretty sure you don't need me to tell you that but I've seen it plenty of times on YouTube hair fails 😂
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Saturday 2 January

I managed to meet yesterday’s goals - needed extra exercise to offset the cheese and port supper 😊

Log 😊
    Stay in the green 😊
    Water 😊
    5 fruit and veg 😊
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊
    Weigh 😊 trend ⬆️ Loss of .1 kg in last 7 days and happyscale trend needs to catch up.

A good day for health goals but not for cookery skills. I tried to make cheese soufflé and they didn’t rise. I think it was a combination of a suspect recipe and possibly my oven being cooler than the temperature gauge said. Soufflés were stodgy but the taste was good. My main oven has given up the ghost and I have my doubts about the small oven. Kitchen replacement is due the end of this month but Covid might scupper that if tradesmen are not allowed in the house for non essential work. Creative menu planning is required especially as I’ve not been to the shops since 23 Dec and will be isolating for another week after essential travel. I have a menu plan 😊
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,027 Member
    edited January 2021
    @mytime6630 Thank you for setting up,the new year thread, Joan.

It's great to see everyone's goals and journeys.
    ❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️
    ❄️⛄️JANUARY ⛄️❄️
    ❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️

January 2021
    🔹Word - Balance
    🔹I am in tune with my dreams
    🔹I know what is right for me
    🔹I will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    January 202
    Life Affirmations

🔹I live in congruence with my authentic self
    🔹I am mindful
    🔹I am creative every day
    🔹I foster positivity
    🔹I am compassionate

Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • Height: 5'2"
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 Sept 2015
    • UGW: 145
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • Total weight loss: 81.2
    January Daily Goals: Week 1
    Fri: ✅ Sat: ✅ Sun: ✅ Mon:
    Tue: Wed: Thu:
    1. Weight < 150: ✅3/7 (I weigh naked 😂 each morning after you know what. It helps me stay on track)
    2. Reduce Fat%: ✅ 29.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2[/s] 23.4
    3. Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.1
    4. Calories in the green ✅3/7
    5. Steps > 7500 ✅ 3/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅3/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily ✅3/7
    Positive intentions for tomorrow :
    • Meditation
    • Daily Yoga/tai chi practice
    • Outdoor walk
    • Work on sorting Hobbies room.
    • Daily Chores
    • Puzzles: Watch TV: Finish Ch 1'Travels with Charlie, John Steinbeck

Terri 🦄
  • azulvioleta6
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    SUNDAY:

I've cut my own hair before, my hairs straight so granted it was easier but I watched a few YouTube videos as I had no idea where to start. It wasn't perfect I'll admit but it was better than it was.
    Also, make sure you use proper hairdressing scissors, I'm pretty sure you don't need me to tell you that but I've seen it plenty of times on YouTube hair fails 😂

Yep, I ordered real haircutting sheers online. I used this tutorial, though my hair is so different from hers (much more volume/texture when dry, but even finer when wet) so I had to improvise a little. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNzZqVUl28E&amp;fbclid=IwAR1Qhi_mfouRQm-E2FPgTJjOCrR6WQ1wdmAqx_6ocgFMfXJrilZpbhR9aW4

It turned out good, but a bit shorter than I intended. I am hoping that it will be less of a chore to dry and keep untangled. My hair has always broken off on it's own at around shoulder length, but it the last couple of years it has been growing again...maybe because I have NOT been on a diet? Anyhow, it was almost down to my waist when wet and it was getting impossible to control.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,027 Member
    edited January 2021
    @WellingTX So pleased that you decided to return to us. Just being here is supportive enough. You have made awesome progress so far, and will continue to do so.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,186 Member

Yep, I ordered real haircutting sheers online. I used this tutorial, though my hair is so different from hers (much more volume/texture when dry, but even finer when wet) so I had to improvise a little. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNzZqVUl28E&amp;fbclid=IwAR1Qhi_mfouRQm-E2FPgTJjOCrR6WQ1wdmAqx_6ocgFMfXJrilZpbhR9aW4

It turned out good, but a bit shorter than I intended. I am hoping that it will be less of a chore to dry and keep untangled. My hair has always broken off on it's own at around shoulder length, but it the last couple of years it has been growing again...maybe because I have NOT been on a diet? Anyhow, it was almost down to my waist when wet and it was getting impossible to control.

My hair is also very curly (but not as curly as it used to be). I wear it about shoulder length... so wear it layered.
    This is exactly how I cut my hair ... after wearing it this way for years, and this is how my hairdresser cuts it.

So since covid I have not been to the salon for coloring or haircut. So I've been cutting it and coloring it myself. I always had highlighting, which I can't do, but the coloring does look OK. Like you.. sometimes my hair gets a little shorter because I cut it wet ... and when dry, it curls up more.
    Good luck .. I'm sure you will look great!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Monday 4 January

Log
    Stay in the green
    Water
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh 😊 trend ⬆️ Gain of .1 kg in last 7 days. The scale is not my friend, I’m sure I’ve been in the green the last few days but scale disagrees 👿
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,059 Member
    teigansdad wrote: »
    Happy Monday gang!

I had Friday, Saturday and Sunday off. Only one of those days was completely off the rails. So that’s good!
    I’ve been really struggling w stress eating. I think probably work related. I’m a acute care nurse practitioner w a specialty in pulmonary and critical care so you guessed it... COVID has been my life for the last 10 months
    We have a hospital in our city just for covid
    I’m staffing the ICU For the next 3 weeks

I think just the overall stress of seeing so much death and the frustration I have even from family members either brainwashed into thinking this is a conspiracy or too selfish to understand even the smallest of inconveniences such as the mask is just slowly eroding my soul.

Sorry for being a bummer
    Just foe Monday goals

Stay green
    Make dinner after work
    No beer
    No candy
    Zwift workout
    Pull ups
    Push-ups
    Get calendar for bills

Thank you for everything you are doing for your patients! 🌈👏 I had no idea you had so much involvement with Covid!

I have to send my kids back to school tomorrow, I really don't want to.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,298 Member

JFT Sunday

- listen to church in the AM ✅
    - Resume Daily Bible reading/study. I made it to Psalms last year but stopped in March...✅
    - Healthy breakfast✅
    - Ride Peleton - steady state✅
    - Take vitamins/meds✅
    - shower❌
    - Give away large cubbie unit to friend✅
    - Family game night maybe❌
    - No snacks after dinner❌
    - Bed after the news✅

Not 100% yesterday, but still a good day. Family game night was just Tim & I playing cards, I forgot that Sierra worked late. I think I need to give up on no snacks after dinner, and chance it to healthy snack after dinner.. I was way light on calories yesterday And needed the snack.

JFT Monday

- Up at 8:00, working from home
    - Check email
    - Meeting at 9:30
    - Don’t skip meals
    - Healthy snack after dinner
    - Ride Peleton
    - Read couple of chapters in the Bible
    - Log everything

WFY: Forgiveness
    Rick your Minday all!

• sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    JFY 1/3/2021
    1) Go to the gym :)
    2) Stay within my calories :/ (Just HAD to have that last snack in the evening)
    3) Take my vitamins :)
    4) Drink 64 oz water :)
    5) Fast until noon :)

JFT 1/4/2021
    1) Go for a walk
    2) Stay within my calories
    3) Take my vitamins
    4) Drink 64 oz water
    5) Fast until noon
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,722 Member
    @mytime6630 - Thanks so much for starting a new thread for the year. I failed at getting here this weekend, but since I saw a 2 as the first number on my scale yesterday morning I need to make this a priority again. It works for me and I know it does.

@WellingTX - Happy to see you decided to return.

@azulvioleta6 - I have never cut even my own bangs, I could probably get away with it since my hair is curly.

@teigansdad - I understand how you feel. We have been on Outbreak since mid November and it sure wears on a person. I can't imagine 10 months of it straight. We obviously have had precautions since the beginning but it's different being in Outbreak and not.

@pridesabtch - Nice to see you posting again. I find the snacking in the evening is what is getting me, that and lack of water.

JFT - Monday Jan 4
    Scale 199.4
    1L of water
    Log all food

I am going to start back at this again, I need it. I am in pain and I have no clothes to wear.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    @teigansdad I knew you were in healthcare from some of your earlier posts, but not details. I find it incredibly sad and stupid this pandemic has been politicized. Hang in there! I pray that you have the fortitude to continue ~ you truly are a hero!

@azulvioleta6 Several months ago my old replacement Fitbit Charge HR finally died. I had been wearing that model since hubby gave it to me Christmas 2015. Hubby offered to replace the HR as an early Christmas gift, and I chose a Charge 4. I love it! I'm still getting used to all the features, so many more than I had before. I don't use the GPS though, to conserve the battery. I only have to charge it about every 8-9 days, which is fantastic. I also have curly hair and have never cut my own hair in my life. Not about to try.

Recap 1/3 Sun.
    1) 9:00 church :smiley:
    2) X-train :smiley: 30 min.
    3) Prelog / net cals zero / 14c water :/ well, better than I've been but still -145 & 13c
    4) Laundry / boil eggs / make chop suey & brown rice / prep lunch, snacks, water bottle & overnight oats / thank you card / prep derm bill forgot about = 4/6
    5) Read Advent/ Epiphany booklet / 3:25 Packers game / Fitbit or Calm meditation = 2/3
    6) UNPLUG 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / Voltaren / 6:00 alarm (treadmill before work) :mrgreen: 5/5

JFT 1/4 M
    1) Treadmill before work :smiley: 2.35 mi ~ sad dog & kitty came downstairs to demand her breakfast LOL
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors)
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / net cals zero / 14c water
    4) Work in office: to-do list (rats, printer on fritz so use AA's) / AJNH / catch up emails / ask about 2021 PAR & PRO s/s's
    5) Read Advent/Epiphany booklet / 6:30 massage / prep lunch, snacks, water bottle & overnight oats / thank you card / prep derm bill / prep citrus sale order
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 7:00 alarm (rest day T)

Learned yesterday from friend I rarely hear from that her older brother died last month only 5 months after pancreatic cancer diagnosis. Makes my word of the year even more poignant.

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year!
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and continuing to log / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • azulvioleta6
    SUNDAY:

1. Cut hair! :smiley: came out pretty good!
    2. Prep tea for the week :)
    3. Clean fridge :)
    4. Meal prep (salad, soup, beans) :neutral: did some, need to do more
    5. Design January WOD/min-workout based on the fitness challenge that my friends are doing. :)
    6. Lay out clothes for the week...I have not been doing this in quarantine, but I think I need to resume that habit. :)
    7. Do two mini-workouts :( cleaning house does not count!
    8. Walk outdoors if possible :)
    9. Take care of union stuff :)
    10. Figure out which new Fitbit to buy as my Flex2 has officially kicked the bucket and it doesn't look like they make that model anymore. :smile: still debating

MONDAY:
    1. Do two mini-workouts (30 minutes total)
    2. At least 8C water
    3. Have a big salad for lunch
    4. Make a decision about FitBit and purchase
    5. Try out meditation/mindfulness program on Netflix
    6. Get at least 6 hours sleep (no Fitbit to tell me for sure, but I have a big deficit)
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,186 Member
    edited January 2021
    Name: Joan
    5'11"
    69 yrs old

SW: 195
    1st goal: 185
    2nd goal: 180
    Ultimate goal: 170-175

Word for the year 2021: Consistency
    Weigh in every friday

My weight history:
    SW Year 2017: 217
    SW Year 2018: 195.5
    SW Year 2019 : 206 -- met my goal weight of 178
    SW Year 2020: 182.6 -- gained 15 pounds through the pandemic :s
    SW Year 2021:195

Goals for 2021:
    These are the healthy habits I would like to do in 2021:
    1. Lose 25 pounds to get to my ultimate goal of 170, and then learn how to maintain it.
    2. To be better with planning my meals each week
    3. to get up in the morning, and have a rough idea of what I plan to eat the rest of the day.
    4. To stop mindless eating. To learn how to eat to live, not live to eat.
    5. To make drinking water a regular habit.. and drink 8+ glasses of water a day
    6. To curb and stop nite time snacking for good.

My goals tomorrow are going to be simple, just to get back on track.
    JFT, Jan 2
    1. log all food :)
    2. mindful eating :/ - got into leftover egg rolls and chex party mix
    3. concentrate on water!! This is my biggest habit I need to develop! :)
    4. stop nitetime snacking at 9pm :/ - see #2

I was sure I posted yesterday .. but can't find it! So posting goals for today

JFT, Jan 4, monday
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. mindful eating
    4. brush teeth at 9pm .. no more snacking
    5. go for walk. Taking down christmas stuff today, and cleaning house, so I'll have to make time after dinner to walk.