2021🌟30-Pound Challenge🌟

Replies

• DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Hi all, I joined this group a week ago but then couldn't find it again 🙈
    Starting weight on jan 1st:187lbs

Goal weight: 160lbs

This weeks goals are to get used to logging my food again, at least 20 minutes exercise and 10000 steps per day.
    I'm really hoping that it's true that breasfeeding burns off 500 calories per day because then my deficit is sorted 🤣
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,721 Member
    DouMc wrote: »

This weeks goals are to get used to logging my food again, at least 20 minutes exercise and 10000 steps per day.
    I'm really hoping that it's true that breasfeeding burns off 500 calories per day because then my deficit is sorted 🤣

Touch the star at the top right corner to bookmark it. 🌟
  • foxtrot1965
    foxtrot1965 Posts: 133 Member
    Hi all, joining late but excited to join.
    I am at 177ish but really want to get dkwn to my 150s. Happy to check in regularly with you all.
  • Anneysmith
    Anneysmith Posts: 163 Member
    Can I still join?

I'm at my highest weight ever (193!). I weighed less in my last trimester of each ofmy pregnancies and I had another human in me.
    I'm now in my 40s and need to get this under control! I need to be here and healthy for my kids.

Goal weight: 140 lbs.
    Goals for January: log consistantly, drink more water, get more sleep
  • jm216
    I am at 177ish but really want to get dkwn to my 150s. Happy to check in regularly with you all.
    Better late than never! Welcome!
  • jm216
    Anneysmith wrote: »
    Can I still join?

I'm at my highest weight ever (193!). I weighed less in my last trimester of each ofmy pregnancies and I had another human in me.
    I'm now in my 40s and need to get this under control! I need to be here and healthy for my kids.

Goal weight: 140 lbs.
    Goals for January: log consistantly, drink more water, get more sleep

Never too late to join this amazing team!
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    jm216 wrote: »
    DouMc wrote: »

Touch the star at the top right corner to bookmark it. 🌟

Thank you 😊
  • jm216
    Hi :)
    I too would like to join. Weighed myself today and at my heaviest weight...over 200 for the first time. Never too late to try, right?. Goal 148. Started to log food which is my goal for January along with increasing activity/exercise. I am new to joininga group.

Welcome! My first goal is to be under 200 pounds, so I get where you’re at.

Jill
  • foxtrot1965
    foxtrot1965 Posts: 133 Member
    jm216 wrote: »
    Better late than never! Welcome!

Thanks! Back to the grind at work yesterday made it hard to do anything healthy. I ordered uber eats twice cause no time to cook. Little exercise. Hopefully better today!
  • jm216
    We’re in the honeymoon phase of weight loss right now... and I love it. ❤️

So far since January 1st, I’m down 3.5 pounds. How are you doing so far?
  • jm216
    oo5qmghrdro9.jpeg

Keep trying!
  • ndprairierose
    ndprairierose Posts: 3 Member
    Logging my food daily and hitting my step goal of 10,000. I agree, I'm in the honeymoon phase. Happy with the progress so far. Logging has kept me aware of what I eat and most importantly what I haven't eaten. Said "no" a few times to junk food. I've got this and it will happen!
  • Pickle107
    Pickle107 Posts: 153 Member
    Had a rough week- raging PMT and exhaustion at starting a new job on Monday meant I was eating for Britain and didn't do any exercise. But I did get back out for a 3 mile run this morning and made it the whole way without stopping so that pleased me. Hopefully, that's me back on the exercise wagon. Unsurprisingly, made no progress this week.

01/01/21: 151.25 lbs
    09/01/21: 152 lbs (+0.75lbs) :(
    GW: 121.25 lbs
  • jm216
    Pickle107 wrote: »
    Had a rough week- raging PMT and exhaustion at starting a new job on Monday meant I was eating for Britain and didn't do any exercise. But I did get back out for a 3 mile run this morning and made it the whole way without stopping so that pleased me. Hopefully, that's me back on the exercise wagon. Unsurprisingly, made no progress this week.

01/01/21: 151.25 lbs
    09/01/21: 152 lbs (+0.75lbs) :(
    GW: 121.25 lbs

I’m so proud of you for running today! You’ve got this. 🌟
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Hi all!

Thanks, Jill, for starting this.

Thought I'd check in. I was diagnosed with diabetes last April/May sometime. The doctor actually said my A1C "was out of control." In May/June, I began a low carb/high protein/high fat diet. It's not exactly keto, but it's something like it. In August, I was told my A1C was back to pre-diabetic levels. Since I came back to MFP in June-ish, I have dropped approximately thirty pounds. December was a rough month for me, because, well... goodies. :) I yoyo'd through the month. So I need to get back on it.

I'm 62 years old, 5'7" and weigh 183. I'm about 33 -38 pounds away from my final goal, and maybe this challenge will help focus me. I have cut way back on carbs (eating way less in a day than I used to eat in a meal) and I'm eating more veggies. I need to get past my inherent sedentary ways and be better about getting out and walking/running/cycling. :)

Nice meeting all of you.
  • jm216
    seilidhe wrote: »
    Hi all!

Thanks, Jill, for starting this.

Thought I'd check in. I was diagnosed with diabetes last April/May sometime. The doctor actually said my A1C "was out of control." In May/June, I began a low carb/high protein/high fat diet. It's not exactly keto, but it's something like it. In August, I was told my A1C was back to pre-diabetic levels. Since I came back to MFP in June-ish, I have dropped approximately thirty pounds. December was a rough month for me, because, well... goodies. :) I yoyo'd through the month. So I need to get back on it.

I'm 62 years old, 5'7" and weigh 183. I'm about 33 -38 pounds away from my final goal, and maybe this challenge will help focus me. I have cut way back on carbs (eating way less in a day than I used to eat in a meal) and I'm eating more veggies. I need to get past my inherent sedentary ways and be better about getting out and walking/running/cycling. :)

Nice meeting all of you.

Welcome to the team, Sei! I’m so glad you’re here.😁

Jill
  • eminater
    eminater Posts: 2,477 Member
    I'll weight in on Sundays.

HSW: 258
    UGW: 148

Challenge Start Weight: 212.9 lbs
    Challenge goal - 175 lbs - hopefully by summer!

Weekly Check-In:
    January 01: 212.9 lbs
    January 03: 212.1 lbs
    January 10: 210.8 lbs
    January 17:
    January 24:
    January 31:

This week’s successes:
    have been logging consistently.

This week’s challenges:
    Struggling to workout as much as I want to. Also, I need to be mindful to not drink alcohol for 6 days of the week - alcohol really effects my weight loss.
  • jm216
    Welcome! You had a great week. 🥳