Women 200lb+, Let's Make It Count This January!!!

Replies

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Hi, Does any one else log their food at the beginning of the day and just adjust as the day goes on? I have found this really helpful for me. I am back to work tomorrow , classes start next Monday. Teach remotely but looking forward to the new semester.I love teaching.

I love being able to pre-log and plan out my day in advance. If I can pre-log breakfast, lunch, and dinner, then I find it's much easier to deal with unplanned snacks and I don't end up agonizing over, idk, a packet of peanut M&Ms or something. Sometimes I'm really on the ball and I remember to grab some protein bars, nuts, or similar nonperishable snack to keep in my desk at work for the week. That's not this week, but I also know I'll be able to "afford" the peanut M&Ms if I need them.

I prep breakfast and lunch for the week so I can pre-log those all on Sunday, and then lately I've been picking dinner recipes that will yield leftovers so I don't have to cook every night. It's just me and my husband, so it's pretty easy since most published recipes serve 4-6. I use a food scale, so I know all of the servings will be the same.
  • VickyEltonGreen
    VickyEltonGreen Posts: 116 Member
    Thanks goal06082021 , it gives me a sense of feeling organized too. Thanks for answering .
  • orangequilt
    orangequilt Posts: 4,155 Member
    Hi, Does any one else log their food at the beginning of the day and just adjust as the day goes on? I have found this really helpful for me. I am back to work tomorrow , classes start next Monday. Teach remotely but looking forward to the new semester.I love teaching.

Yes, I do this. Sometimes I'll do the whole week in advance. I know it's not what will end up happening, but it gives me the sense that if I want something extra or different I'll have to tweak my budget elsewhere to allow it. I went well with this for ages and want to get back into the habit of it.
  • osier5
    osier5 Posts: 429 Member
    Highest weight 250 (7/19)
    2021 Starting weight 209
    GW: 150

This month:
    1/3: 206
    1/10
    1/17
    1/24
    1/31

January Goals:
    Track my food
    Yoga 5x a week
    Walk 5x a week
    Stay within calorie goal 5x a week
  • Angief05
    Angief05 Posts: 102 Member

I also fill my food log in beginning of everyday, then adjust if need be.
    What grade do you teach? My daughter is a teacher too!
  • twosteplove
    twosteplove Posts: 41 Member
    @VickyEltonGreen i have never done this but what a great idea! Going to try it this week :)
  • meletique
    meletique Posts: 3 Member
    Happy 2021!
    Started last year, managed to get my husband on this too after the first pounds were lost. Definitely makes things easier when both of you are on reduced calorie diets as there's less "you want any of this?" or "just eat it". Spent most of my adult life over 200lbs. Primary goals: reverse his diabetes, keep me from getting it as it runs in my family (as does obesity). Unfortunately got put on birth control to help with endometriosis, so weight loss isn't happening nearly as fast as I hoped (having to be on 1.5lb deficit to lose most of a lb in a week; am not eating exercise). 30 min stationary bike at around 8 miles a day, 6 days a week, planning to up to 45 min for minimum 3 days a week. Strength training planned but due to limited mobility (acl replaced), having a hard time finding good strength workouts that won't bust the knee up, including kneeling on it.
    Height: 5'6"
    SW: 236 (9/26/20)
    CW: 215
    GW: 135 (negotiable, 150 might be fine too)
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,268 Member
    edited January 2021
    I post weigh-ins when I make progress (lose).

Keri
    67 years old, Height: 5'6"
    SW: 266 lbs (Dec 2019)
    2/1: 263.6
    3/1: 261.8
    4/1: 258
    5/1:254
    6/1:254
    7 /1:250.4
    8/1: 249.2
    9/1: 247 lowest Sept weight 246.8
    10/1: 247
    10/19: 245.4
    11/1: 248
    12/1/2020: 249
    1/1/2021: 251.2
    CW: 250.4

1st GW: 220 The lowest weight I got to when I last lost significant weight.
    2nd GW: Onderland 1st, maintain for a few weeks then
    3rd GW: 186 overweight but not obese
    4th GW: 150 lbs. Healthy weight Then evaluate what weight is best for me. I just want to get to a healthy weight for me.

January Goal weight: Under 245 - make some progress losing relative to my lowest last year.

Yesterday I weighed 250.8 and today 250.4 so I am making progress to getting rid of the weight I gained since Halloween, starting to work and through the holidays and other celebrations. I still have more than 5 lbs to lose. However I have gotten down to close to this last month so I think some of those pounds aren't that set. It took a lot of hard work to get below the 250s and I am determined to do this again soon.

Goals:
    The Basics:
    Get 8+ glasses of water, log in calories, take vitamin D, get enough sleep, check this thread regularly and stay under my calorie goal.
    Activity and Exercise:
    Up N.E.A.T. (steps, stairs, cleaning and cooking)
    Get regular exercise:
    1-2 strength training a week (1 with weights and 1 with resistance bands)
    5-6 days of exercise (Start with 25 minutes and work up to 45-60 minutes for most days)
    Tweeks:
    Take another step towards lowering sugar intake.
    Wait to have breakfast until I feel hungry while I am working remotely.
    Plan meals every weekend for the week ahead and order groceries.

Well yesterday I achieved one thing I wanted to besides losing some weight relative to the 1st of the year. I planned our meals and ordered our groceries for pick up for the week ahead. I just made some improvements to my goals above since I forgot some of the things I have been thinking about. I am looking forward to catching up with the posts this weekend after I read my Sunday paper. I added a previous goal of checking this thread regularly because it really helps me. I italicized any changes above.

How is everyone doing?
  • Angief05
    Angief05 Posts: 102 Member
    Good morning ladies,
    So I just logged all my meals for the day and I am still 300 calories under, how do you all make sure get your daily calories in without it being bad foods? I have my food journal open to see on my page to anyone that wants to be friends.
    Angie
  • VickyEltonGreen
    VickyEltonGreen Posts: 116 Member
    Angie, I took a look at your food intake and am probably no the best person to ask as not always sure my choices are balanced but I also eat rice cakes and whole wheat bread daily for starch.

Yesterday I went way over ( Jamaican Black Cake) but today pressed reset. I think one thing I have learned form all the supportive posts here it really is a process and a journey.

Its not not much about the falling down but the power in the getting back up