Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,507 Member
    Hi Ladies, Happy New Year! I hope you had a great weekend. Our weekend was nice and quiet.

My workouts last Thursday were Zumba, Yoga and LITE Stacked Sets Upper Body.
    Friday: Peloton ride and LITE Stacked Sets Lower Body
    Sunday: Peloton Beginner Ride, and ICE Boot Camp Circuit.

Thank God this is a recovery week!

Laurel, great workouts!
    I'm glad you enjoyed last week's barre class. I didn't think it was as hard as the previous week either. I actually think that is the easiest class I've taken with her but it still hurt! Those planks kill me! I loved the ab routine though.

I used to record my workouts on a calendar too but got lazy about it. I still use MFP for that though. I hope this new year will be better than 2020.

I would be so lost without our little group. Thanks for being there!
    We decided to have pizza instead of Chinese. I don't think DH wanted to make that drive so we went with pizza which we actually enjoyed.
    The storms never made it here but they did cause damage in southern GA I heard. Back to cooler temps this week. We were in the low 60's on Saturday!

I found a great grilled chicken marinade. The longer you marinate the chicken the better. We served it over a huge salad.
    https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/honey-grilled-chicken-breasts/

Have a great week!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,413 Member
    Morning Ladies,

Sorry I was MIA all the time I was off, but surprisingly I was so busy that I kind of wished at some points that I was at work. We did go to visit my parents, because they needed to go to the dentist and didn't have transpo. I know that it was just a good excuse for my Mom wanting us to be up there. Hope everyone has had a great Christmas and start of the New Year. I'm only going to start my workout list from Sunday, because it would just be to much info anyway. Sunday I did Perfect 30 Perfect HiiT High Impact. This morning was LITE Strong Body Stacked Sets Upper Body. I'm going to be following the Perfect 30/LITE Rotation this month. Can you believe that I did a workout on a Sunday! I will keep this one short, since I have a ton of work to catch up on but will look at all the post at some point tonight when I have a chance.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,771 Member
    Hi Ladies! Hope you enjoyed the holiday weekend. Ours was very nice and very quiet. For workouts, on Friday I did LITE Pyramid Pump Lower Body followed by a 30 minute HiiT spin. Saturday was LITE Cardio Party followed by 30 minutes of yoga. Yesterday was a combo of two Live metabolic workouts....Total Body Blast and Low Impact Sweat Cardio plus Core. And today was a 65 minute spin followed by 45 minutes of Pilates, both with Peloton.

Laurie, welcome back! I am glad you were able to see your parents over the holidays, even if it was under the guise of needing transportation. Hopefully they are doing well and staying healthy. Great job with the workouts. I bet the Perfect 30/LITE rotation is going to be a good one. I love both programs.

Thelma, great workouts! Like you, I am glad we are in a recovery week, and boy are we going to need it because the next three weeks will be, by far, the toughest of this rotation. So....be prepared. :) Like you, the storms avoided us completely on Thursday and Friday, but our temps on Friday were in the high 70s. :o Like you, we are back to more seasonal temperatures now though. I am glad you enjoyed the pizza. I know you have struggled finding one you like. Thank you for the recipe. That looks like a great summer recipe. I hope to get signed up for the next Barre class today!

Until tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Monday were Ice Rock'm Sock'm Kickbox with boxing gloves and Peloton Intermediate Yoga.
    I did a Kristin McGee workout and I liked it a lot. Her speed was a little too fast for me but definitely something to work up to.

Laurie, welcome back and Happy New Year! I'm so glad you got to see your parents!!
    We had a good Christmas and New Year. As always it was just the two of us.
    Great workouts and congrats on the Sunday workout!

Laurel, I'm glad you had a nice holiday! Same here!
    Great workouts!! I'm glad the storms avoided you last week too. We're hearing it might snow here toward the end of the week.
    The pizza shop I wanted to try told us they weren't taking take out orders. Last time we tried to order from them they didn't answer the phone. I am taking these as signs that we shouldn't try that place. The pizza we ordered was from one of our favorite restaurants which we knew we liked. I was hoping for better pizza though. I told DH we need to lower our food standards here! LOL.

I hope you try that chicken recipe. It really is good! It's going to become one of my go to recipes.

I signed up for the Barre class so I'm ready for Wednesday afternoon!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was LITE Rev'd Up Rumble.

Laurel, Great job on all your workouts. I was thinking of changing up the Stacked Sets for the Pyramid ones when they roll around again in this rotation. I was surprised to see that they didn't include those in this one. I was very tempted by the January Rotation that Cathe put out, it Perfect 30 with RWH. Lots of HiiT work in it. :o I do love both the P30/LITE workouts, so I'm sticking with this for now, but will look at the January one for a future month. So far my parents are doing well, there is only one of my siblings that has not visited with them yet. My brother is going to go up sometime this month.

Thelma, Love the workouts, and glad to hear that you enjoyed Kristin's workout despite the faster pace. Glad to hear that your holidays have been good. I surprised myself with the working out on a Sunday, just want to take advantage of the concept of the rotation. Congrats on the barre class!

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a good one. I pieced together two Cathe Live workout to make a total body workout. They were Touch Up Training Lower Body and Touch Up Training Upper Body. It was long (almost 90 minutes) but only moderately intense....which is what I was looking for. I added on a quick cardio—Cathe Live Move It—for a nice finish.

Thelma, great workouts. I definitely recommend trying Kristin’s beginner workouts for a slower pace in her yoga. She does many of the same moves, just slower. Her flow yoga is also slower than her power yoga. I am glad you liked her. We may be getting snow later this week and over the weekend as well....but we’ll see. I think our temperatures may stay just a little too high. I agree about needing to modify your food standards. On Sunday I was craving pizza and DH asked me what kind. My response was ‘a good kind’. We ate at home. :) I got signed up for the Barre class too so see you tomorrow!

Laurie, great workout! I definitely prefer the Stacked Sets workouts to the Pyramid Pump workouts just because of the repetition in the latter. I really have to be in the mood for it. I haven’t seen that January rotation yet, but that is another duo of workout sets that would be perfectly matched. I am glad your parents are doing well. No doubt the visits helps because this winter could get very, very long without them.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were a Peloton beginner ride and a STS Total Body timesaver premix.

Laurie, great workout! I'll have to that one soon. Cathe's Jan rotation sounds like a really good one!

I am so glad your parents are doing well and that your brothers are going to go visit them soon. Did you have to get a covid test before you went to your parents?

I am really enjoying the Peloton workouts and Kristin is definitely great. I need to start working out a little on Saturdays like I used to do but I've been taking that day off.

Laurel, what a great idea to piece two workouts together! Great job!

I am definitely going to do Kristin's beginner workouts.
    I doubt we'll get snow here too. At least for now it's too warm for snow. I need to learn to make pizza dough so I can make my own pizza.
    I'm so glad you signed up for Barre class! See you later!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was LITE Strong Body Stacked Sets Lower. I forgot to mention that I got the new Cathe Firewalker Resistance Loops, and the blue exercise mat. My dd and sil gave them to me for Christmas. The mat is really nice. :)

Laurel, Great job on combining those workouts, and of course getting in some additional cardio. I hear you on the Pyramid workouts, but I must like that repetition. :D It is going to be hard to resist all the rotations that my favorite instructors are putting out right now. I'm tentatively planning on a Kelly one next month, or Jessica. She is suppose to be coming out with a 12 week series called Lift & Shift. Will be curious to see what this is all about. Of course I will be checking out the monthly rotations that Cathe has, just to see how she will incorporate these P30 workouts.

Thelma, Awesome workouts! We didn't have time to get a test done. We had not planned on visiting my parents, but she insisted that we visit. Neither dh or I have been sick, and no one at work has been exposed or sick. DH told my Mom that she needed to sign a waiver for us to come and visit. :D I also take the Saturday off, but I do have the P30 Yoga planned for that day. Will see if that happens because I have early morning plans to be at church for a meeting and taking the Christmas deco down.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 45 minute HiiT and Hills ride with Peloton followed by 45 minutes of yoga with Kristin McGee. And, of course, I have a barre class later with Thelma!

Thelma, great workouts! They have already taken the snow off our forecast for tomorrow, but there is still a chance for Sunday. But it is going to be chilly nonetheless. When I am feeling ambitious in the kitchen, I make a wheat pizza crust using my bread machine which is really nice. But, lately we have taken to making pizzas on Naan bread that we find in our Publix deli section. It is so good and easy....and way better than anything we have gotten from a restaurant here for sure. I am picky about my crusts and my sauce (I really don’t like a sweet or overpowering sauce at all) so it often works out best to just make our own pizza....sadly. I must admit, as I approach a year since eating in a restaurant with only doing take-out a handful of times since then....even bad pizza in a restaurant sounds good. :# But I will wait for a vaccine which should come.....sometime.

Laurie, great workout. Every time I do that workout, I love it just a little bit more. So good. Yay for the Christmas presents! I got Cathe’s blue mat as well (a gift from me to me for Christmas :) ) and I really like it as well. I also got the firewalker bands and tubing but haven’t done much with the tubing yet. All I know is it has far more resistance than my well-worn tubing I was using. :o One of the things that struck me during the Q&A Cathe did during the Virtual Road Trip was how surprised she was at the feedback she got for her rotations. People were asking her quite a few questions about them and she said at one point that she had no idea that people used them! She was pretty happy to get the feedback, so I think her rotations might be pretty good for awhile. :)

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were Zumba and Barre. The Barre class was a killer. My thighs and butt were killing me.

Laurie, awesome workout! Are those firewalker bands the cloth ones you told us about? I bet the band and mat are great! Who is coming up with the Lift & Shift rotation?

LOL about your DH telling your mom she needed to sign a waver for you to visit them! LOL
    My instructor is teaching the Saturday morning yoga class and sent me a note telling me about it. I don't know that I want to do it but I feel guilty not supporting her. I'm with you on the Saturday yoga class! LOL

Laurel, awesome workouts Laurel! Barre was good but too bad the music was too loud. It hurt though so it was good as far as I'm concerned. I really like her ab routine.

Someone posted a weather map on FB today and we're in the 1-3 inch range for Friday morning.
    I love Naan bread! Great idea! I used to make pizzas with pita bread. I'm totally with you on the pizza crust and sauce! Trust me, you won't like bad pizza!
    You do know the vaccine won't prevent you from getting the virus right? It will only lessen the symptoms.

Good night!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was P30 Perfect HiiT: Low Impact HiiT.

Laurel, Love the workouts! That is cool that we both have the same Cathe products. I had the tubing on my list, but didn't receive it. I do have an award that I received at the end of the year from work, so that will probably go toward getting the tubing. I have a bunch of other ones, but they are starting to get the white film on them. I don't need them to snap on me during a workout. I remember one workout where Cathe was saying that the tubing was new so it had more resistance. Guess when you do use them you will have that experience also. ;) I know that I always look at Cathe's rotations and have tried a few of them. I hope that she does more and more like the January one. Kelly does two rotations every month, one is DVD's and the other is her RAW channel.

Thelma, Great job on the workouts, got to love those killer barre workouts to help with those areas. The bands are the ones that Cathe sells. I like to have both types, depending on what the move is. I like to use the rubber bands when they are on my ankles, but the cloth bands when the placement is on the upper thigh. Jessica Smith sent out a e-mail that she will have the Lift & Shift rotation for the new year. So far I have not seen an update on when that will be out. Hey don't feel guilty for not wanting to do the class, you have to do what is best for you.

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    edited January 2021
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Cathe Live PHA Supersets followed by Cathe Live Cardio Core Bootcamp. I am having a no energy day today so I am glad I got those done. :)

Thelma, great workouts. I am so glad I wasn’t alone in thinking the Barre class last night was killer. My legs were screaming at me. I still feel it in the back of my legs. Thank you for saying something about the music because I was having a hard time hearing her last night. One of the things I like about her workouts is she really focuses on the entire body, so I feel everything has been worked at the end....which is a good feeling. Yes, I know I can still get the virus with the vaccine. But, sadly, I know a few too many people now who have had horrible cases of COVID...and are otherwise pretty healthy....so that is incentive enough for me to stay as safe as possible before a vaccine. Stay safe if it snows!

Laurie, great workout! I really love that one. I was afraid my tubing was going to break as well. Cathe has a bands only workout she recently did on Live that I may try soon to just test these bands out. Where Cathe has a tendency to grab one band for a workout....I can’t do that. There are just some moves my shoulder does not like as much with heavy or even medium bands bands.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Thursday were Gina B. cardio and LITE PHA 2.

So far we've only gotten rain here. I don't think we're going to get snow.

Laurie, great workout! I love that DVD!

I really wish you could join us for a Barre class. You know that if Laurel says it's hard, it's because IT IS hard! LOL
    Does Cathe have a workout for the cloth bands or can they be used in place of the elastic ones?

I like the name of that rotation Jessica will do.
    Thanks for the explanation of the band usage! The cloth bands I saw on Amazon looked like they were compression like. With a lot of elastic. Do yours look that way too?

I shouldn't feel guilty about the class. Part of me feels like it will be good doing it. It's supposed to be a gentle flow.

Laurel, great workout combo!!
    I almost didn't workout today because I just didn't feel it.

My legs were really hurting during the Barre class. I had to say something about the music. I don't think she realized how far away from the mic she is once she steps away from her computer. I love that she focuses on the entire body too.

I've read that some of the people who've gotten the vaccine develop the virus and others have had terrible allergic reactions. I think it's strange that people get the virus when there's no live virus in the vaccine.
    The county next to us has about 23K people and they only got 200 vaccines. They are hoping to get 500 more but they are not sure they can get that many. I think it will be a slow go for healthy people.

Have a wonderful weekend ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    edited January 2021
    Morning Ladies,

I was able to use my new mat this morning by doing LITE Metabolic Blast. ;)

Laurel, Nice job on the workouts despite the lack of energy. The one move in the low impact HiiT workout I love is the Heisman rock & run. It just makes me smile every time I do it. :D I think that I just enjoy that Heisman type move. I have to do the same thing with the bands, because my shoulders can't handle that heavy or medium band either. Hope you are able to try out that band workout. I remembered that I need the larger bands also, but Cathe doesn't have that available for purchase as far as I can see.

Thelma, Love that workout! Of course it is on my rotation the month, so will be looking forward to doing that one. I don't think that Cathe has a workout for the cloth bands, just the elastic ones. Not that you couldn't use them in some instances, I have done that with some of the workouts to give them a different feel. My bands feel like cloth and are very tough. For the most part they are easier to use on the upper thigh than below the knee. Of course I try to protect my knees as much as possible. I don't know how much I would use the subscription, so will have to think about giving the barre workout a try.

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 30 minute spin into Cathe Live Cardio Kickboxing Bootcamp Two. This was my first time through with the latter workout and I loved it. It had a really good pace and combination of exercises.

Thelma, great workouts! We had a touch of ‘snow’ last night and a few flakes so far today, but other than that it is just cold. DH and I may still try going for a walk later, but it will be a short one. I was looking over the rotation for the next three weeks. I feel like I should apologize in advance for how tired we are going to be! :o:D:p But given that I am toying with doing another STS rotation after this rotation finishes, the next few weeks will, no doubt, convince me whether that is a good idea or not. I will be curious how you feel about that as well.

Laurie, great workout. I really toyed with doing that one yesterday but seem to be stuck on the Live workouts this week. I agree about the Heisman move. To me, it is such a ‘freeing’ kind of move. I really feel like I can give it everything because it is safe but still intense enough and just....fun. Definitely one of my favorite of her newer moves for sure. No, Cathe didn’t develop the longer bands....yet. I say ‘yet’ because I really hope she does. I definitely need a new set of those bands.

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. Ours was nice and quiet as always.
    The snow never really happened. It probably snowed for 5 minutes.

On Friday I did Gina B low impact cardio and ICE Metabolic Total Body.
    Sunday: Gina B. Hiit and STS Disc 26/Plyo Legs.

Laurie, great workout! How did you like your new mat?
    I like the idea of using the cloth/tougher bands for the upper thighs. The elastic ones always roll up on me!
    The Barre class is a zoom class. This week the class will be from 6:30-7:30 EST. You are on Central time right?

The class this week is just too late for my taste BUT if you'd like to do it I will do it with you!

Laurel, great workout combo!

Sounds like you got as much snow as we did!
    I feel that you need to apologize for the rotation for the next three weeks too! LOL. Just kidding! I will be hard but it will shock the body which is good.

We've talked about another STS rotation so this will be a good test. I think we could do two weeks STS, one week recovery. If we do it we have to make so that we don't burn out.

Did you see the barre class schedule for this week? 6:30-7:30pm. That's kind of late! Are you going to do it? My mind doesn't want to do it at that time.

Have a great week ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

I didn't workout all weekend, started out my Saturday with a meeting and taking Christmas deco down at the church. We also had to go to two different places to find me some new winter boots. The ones I have are just to stiff, not good to walk in. Sunday I spent sewing. We did enjoy dinner with my dd and sil on Saturday evening. This morning was P30 Perfect Pump Upper Body.

Laurel, Now that live workout sounds like my kind of workout. I think any combo with kickboxing is great. That is a great way to describe that Heisman move. All of my longer bands are busted, and I was hoping that was going to be one of the new items she was selling. I will continue to use tubing in place of those bands. ;) I'm wondering if she will have four different types like the firewalker bands.

Thelma, Glad you had an enjoyable weekend, our snow is melting very very slowly. Great job on your workouts! I have to say this mat is great. The ones I previously had would either stretch when I was in a yoga position or the ones that would just shred. This one give just the right amount of give, but not to soft that it stretches. I don't think that it will start to shred either, because the top didn't change even though I used it with my shoes on. That is the same problem I have with bands, can't seem to keep them from rolling up and it always seems to end up on some portion of my skin. OUCH! Yes I am Central time zone. I'm usually just getting home around that timeframe. ;)

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Hope you had a nice weekend. Ours was very quiet. It was cold and gloomy on Saturday but the sun finally came out yesterday which improved my mood tremendously. :) I did manage to convince DH to take walks with me both days, and even though it was pretty chilly on Saturday’s walk, the fresh air felt good. Today we are back to gloomy with some snow. So far, this is the most ‘January’ January we have had in Huntsville. I don’t mind too much.....yet. ;)

For workouts, on Saturday I did Jessica Smith’s Core Control from her Build Balance DVD and 30 minutes of yoga with Kristin McGee. Yesterday was STS Disk 26/Plyo Legs and a 30 minute HiiT and Hills ride with Peloton. Today was STS Disk 25/Chest and Back followed by Cathe Live HiiT It, Strike It and Crunch It. So far so good with the STS workouts!

Thelma, great workouts! It is funny you suggest a two week on, one week off schedule for STS because I was thinking the same thing. But.....I am thinking about doing each week of workouts twice. So, for instance, we would do Disks 1-3 for two weeks, take a week off, then do Disks 4-6 for two weeks, take a week off......you get the picture. I have always had better results from STS doing each week twice. But.....this would make for an extraordinarily long rotation. So, I might suggest we only do that with Mesocycles 1 and 2....and then do Meso 3 in its entirety in one four week push. That way we retain the concept behind Meso 3 (improving strength by 5%), don’t die of boredom by extending it at all, :o , and maximize the other two Meso’s better with breaks. I think this rotation would be just over six months, taking us into the autumn. Let me know what you think. Thank you for letting me know about the time change for Barre this week. That is too late for me too, unfortunately. Hopefully it will be back to normal time next week.

Laurie, great workout! I am glad you enjoyed your weekend and got to see your DD and SIL. I am glad you got new boots for your walks. I think you would enjoy that Cardio Boxing Bootcamp workout I did on Friday. Cathe did a similar one a few weeks back, but I enjoyed this one more. It was six rounds of one cardio boxing segment, one weighted compound exercise, and one core focused exercise. It just flew by and felt cardio throughout. The other one, if I recall, had groups of four segments (one cardio and three strength), and I remember it didn’t feel very cardio to me. But I have also learned I have a very different impression of some workouts the second time through, so, no doubt, I will give that one another try.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies! My workouts on Monday were: Gina B low impact, STS Disc 25/Chest and Back and Ashtanga Yoga.
    We had rainy, slushy, raw kind of day here. I think that is why I was kind of tired.

Laurie, great workout! You had a busy weekend! I hope you found the right boots. Stiff boots are not comfortable at all.

I am so glad you liked your mat so much! It sounds like a good quality mat for sure. This barre class is not at a convenient time for you at all! too bad!

Laurel, great workouts!! We did have sunshine on Sunday but today was totally gloomy! We are definitely having the same weather. I think agree about this January being the most 'January' we've also had here.

What a relief that you also want to do a recovery week every two STS weeks! I love your ideas of repeating the same workouts two weeks in a row and only doing Mesos 1 & 2.

The barre class time change is just for this week so we should be back on regular schedule next week.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning I did Kelly's Real RAW #2 Cardio HiiT. Didn't think that I would be willing to do the same HiiT workouts for 4 weeks, so changed it up a bit. ;)

Laurel, Sounds like you had a very nice weekend. You had our type of walk it looks like, and you are right it was nice to see sun. ;) I absolutely love the sound of that workout, kind of wish that she would make a DVD like that. I'm sure that will happen at some point. Really like your idea for the STS rotation, just wish that I could participate. Some day I'm sure I will be able to handle a longer workout, but right now I enjoy my sleep to much. :D I have had that experience with workouts not feeling to cardio, but you are right, it is always different when you try them a second time around. Must be that you are more familiar with the moves.

Thelma, Love the workouts! Hope that you will have a nice sunny day at some point. I think that I had heard that we are going through the opposite of El Nino? I don't know what that all means, but that could account for the normal type of January. So far I'm loving my new boots, they are much more comfortable to walk in. I really had to make sure that the traction was good. I tested it on the floor, it they slipped to much then I figured that they where not worthy. :D I don't need to be falling on my butt.

Have a great day!
    Laurie