SPEED WALKING.. Good upbeat SONGS SUGGESTIONS?

No heavy..Rap, Metal or Country AND
I know..I know music preference is VERY subjective BUT Most can agree on certain songs.. that are UPBEAT tempo..that make you want to TURN IT UP AND move your body!! I've started speed walking and I noticed these type of songs motivate me to really PUSH IT but I only have a few on my new playlist; idc about genre, age, or origin of songs any suggestions??
Ex of what I'm loving is Tonites the Night/ by Outasight, Aint it fun/byParamore..

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Check out jogfm.com

You can plug in your walking, jogging or cycling speed and get a list of songs with the BPM (beats per minute) to match your speed. Lots of existing playlists too.

If I'm walking 17 minute miles - my target BPM is in the low 130's. I like old stuff.

Beat It by Michael Jackson: 139 bpm
    Dark Horse (Featuring Juicy J) by Katy Perry: 133 bpm
    Fight for Your Right by Beastie Boys: 135 bpm
    Hearts on Fire by John Cafferty: 136 bpm
    Jessie's Girl by Rick Springfield: 132 bpm
    Love Shack by B-52's: 134 bpm
    The Devil Went Down to Georgia by Charlie Daniels Band: 135 bpm
    The Phoenix by Fall Out Boy: 138 bpm
    U Can't Touch This by MC Hammer: 133 bpm
    You Really Got Me by Van Halen: 139 bpm
  • Kaysmile012015
    Kaysmile012015 Posts: 68 Member
    Ooow intresting, this website you speak of I will check out, And I reconize some of the songs you suggested and im excited, you get it, I going to start downloading NOW!!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    Since you don't care about genre, age, or origin... 😀

I've really gotten into Julie and the Phantoms on Netflix and a couple upbeat songs are I Got The Music and the other is The Band is Back (Reggie's Jam). You can check them out on youtube.

Also, 5 Seconds of Summer's Don't Stop has a really good beat.

So many more on my music player I can't think of right now.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,344 Member
    Well, If you really don’t care about genre, here’s an idiosyncratic one.......

I am a huge fan of drum and bugle. Give me any late 70’s, early 80’s show and I get in so deep I forget my feet are even moving.
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,428 Member
    I'd be no help. As you said, everyone has their own taste. I never head of the songs mention but I did listen to a bit of each. Makes me want to take a pencil to my eardrums.

Good luck.
  • glassyo
    Ooooh speaking of Charlie Daniels, Talk To Me Fiddle is good too.
  • sharonarkoff
    sharonarkoff Posts: 57 Member
    I don't know any of the songs anyone is mentioning, either. But, for me personally, it is very hard to stay in a bad mood, or to NOT dance, to:

Popcorn song (by Hot Butter)
    I Don't Feel Like Dancing (Scissor Sisters)
    Safety Dance (Men Without Hats)
    What you Need (INXS)
    The Bad Touch (Bloodhound Gang) (This one is completely irreverent but again, impossible to not dance to)

(Sorry... I am in my late 50s)
  • Kaysmile012015
    glassyo wrote: »
    Since you don't care about genre, age, or origin... 😀

I've really gotten into Julie and the Phantoms on Netflix and a couple upbeat songs are I Got The Music and the other is The Band is Back (Reggie's Jam). You can check them out on youtube.

Also, 5 Seconds of Summer's Don't Stop has a really good beat.

So many more on my music player I can't think of right now.

I Never heard of 5 Seconds of Summer before, Don't stop is Nice! Thanks! just downloaded.
  • Kaysmile012015
    Well, If you really don’t care about genre, here’s an idiosyncratic one.......

I am a huge fan of drum and bugle. Give me any late 70’s, early 80’s show and I get in so deep I forget my feet are even moving.

I luv this! Its mostly marching band footage that came up on Youtube but the beats are awesome very exhilarating! If you can recommend a specific peformance or show I would appreciate it, Thanks😊
  • Kaysmile012015

Okay, because im loving! The devil went down George, I swear these suggestions have helped me really STEP UP my speedwalking game(Pun intended) 😊😊😊
  • glassyo

Okay, because im loving! The devil went down George, I swear these suggestions have helped me really STEP UP my speedwalking game(Pun intended) 😊😊😊

LOL I was feeling nostalgic one day and wanted to hear The Devil Went Down To Georgia and then started listening to more of his music and he's a really good storyteller!

I love these kinds of threads because I'm always looking for music to walk to.

It's how I found One Direction (I'M NOT ASHAMED!!) and 5 Seconds of Summer (1D kinda sorta owned them at one point, I think). It's rare I listen to an album normally anymore. Now it's put on the music player and songs are immediately deleted if they're too slow.

Ohhhh Pink has a lot of good songs. Leave Me Alone gets you moving. Plus it's such a mood. :)
  • Jenpiddles
    Jenpiddles Posts: 44 Member
    Don't Stop me Now-Queen
    Running Down a Dream-Tom Petty
    Good Vibrations-The Beach Boys (really, almost ANY Beach Boys song 😂)
    A Little Less Conversation-Elvis
    The Groove is in the Heart-Divinyls
    Love Shack-B-52's
    Faith-George Michael
    It's Raining Men-The Weather Girls
    Call Me Maybe-Carly Rae Jepsen
    Semi-Charmed Kind of Life-Third Eye Blind
    Barracuda-Heart
    Raise Your Glass-Pink
    Magic Carpet Ride-Steppenwolf
    Break My Stride-Matthew Wilder
    1985-Bowling for Soup
  • SunnyBunBun79
    SunnyBunBun79 Posts: 2,228 Member
    edited February 2021
    I go walking at night... and these are just a few of my jams <3

Your love is a flooded field - Young Wolf Hatchlings Remix ( This is on repeat for me...im addicted to it! )
    Breathe Me - Mylo remix
    The Longest Road - Deadmau5 Remix
    Intro - The XX
    Sweet Disposition - The Temper Trap
    Color - Di-Rect
    In the End - Mellen Gi remix
    Breathe - Telepopmusik ( starts slow then builds up )

• gigius72
    gigius72 Posts: 183 Member
    edited February 2021
    Imagine Dragon: believer.
    No matter how much I've already run, but when that song comes on I sing it loud lmao.
    But the rest of my playlist is ac/CD, kiss, black Sabbath... All that style.