WaistAways - January 2021 Team Chat

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
    Great job step and exercise team!! Don't forget to let @micki48 know if you want to join in the fun this month. You can do just steps, and you can also count other exercise. Biking, aerobics, HIIT, dance - you name it, we can convert it to a step equivalent. Just report the number of minutes and how intense (easy, moderate, or high intensity is close enough), and it will be added to your regular step count. If you don't count steps and just want to count exercise, that works too! For example, one minute of Yoga or Pilates is equivalent to 100 steps; moderately intense aerobic exercise (bike, elliptical, rowing, etc.) is around 150; high intensity goes all the way up to 200. If you run as part of your stepping, or snowshoe like I do, that adds a supplement to the number of steps your tracker records. However you want to do it, we find a way!

OK! A few reminders.
    Sunday weigh-ins still outstanding:
    @sodonovan74
    @Evallusion

Heads up for Monday people:
    @ells_runs
    @CurvyCalorie
    @MandiSaysHey
    @DD265
    @fuschiabolero

Thanks!
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    Steps for Sunday jan 3: 14,030
  • CurvyCalorie
    CurvyCalorie Posts: 266 Member
    @micki48 steps for January 3
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Happy Monday! I am back to work today. I alreqdy missed my morning workout. 🤦‍♀️ Thankfully, I am working from home and can squeeze it into my lunch hour. If I am being honest, I fell hard the last 3 days. I have tried to find balance. On New Years Eve, I had a salad and one small slice of pizza. And half a cookie. I don't think I balanced as well as I thought because the scale is up 1.6 pounds from Wed. I set my intentions to do better yesterday, but I failed at that, too. I am going to try again today.

⭐I will get up from desk every hour and walk up and down the stairs.
    ⭐I will workout at lunch.
    ⭐I will go for a walk.
    ⭐ I will eat planned food and avoid the kitchen at all other times.

@micki48 I would like to rejoin the step challenge this month. I am actually disappointed in myself because I think December was the only month I didn't participate in last year.
  • CurvyCalorie
    CurvyCalorie Posts: 266 Member
    @KellyBgetsfit You got this!! 💪🏼
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 588 Member
    @micki48 I will still be doing steps this month, but my new daily goal is 12,000. (Forgot to log for last week yesterday, whoops!)

@Gidgitgoescrazy and @MandiSaysHey loving the new profile pics!! (Maybe I should change mine up...)

Yesterday was once again not a great eating day for me, although the scale was quite forgiving this morning. I also haven't done a real workout besides walking & yoga in the new year yet. Better change that today. Cmon, motivation - where are you.
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    @Gidgitgoescrazy and @Kali225 thank you both! ❤❤
  • jugar
    Weigh-in reminder second dose! I am still hoping a couple of our new folks arrive soon to get started, and returning people make sure they made it to 2021!

@sodonovan74
    @Evallusion
    @ells_runs
    @fuschiabolero
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,249 Member
    Monday weigh in
    Pw: 224.8
    Cw: 222.0

Great loss and love the new profile photo. You too @Gidgitgoescrazy. Love that crown.

@sarkrisd So sorry to hear of your positive Covid19 test. My son in law just had it. He is doing much better now. Sending you good vibes for healing.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,249 Member
    Took a 36 minute walk today. About 3.5 miles an hour. Everything is logged. I keep eating to few calories, then feel bad. I need to balance my calories better across the day. I also need more protein. Work to do.

Got my “making you think it’s a heart attack” pain back in my shoulder blade. 😕. Talked to my doctor. She thinks it’s muscular/skeletal. I’m fine when I walk so she’s right I’m sure. My brain needs to cut it out. She told me about a really cool app to self assess and get exercises to help. They really did. It’s called JointStrong. If you have pain, check it out. It’s free.
  • jugar
    sarkrisd wrote: »
    Hi everyone. A few things before I weigh in tomorrow.

Its official. I have Covid. It feels like a bad cold that has ripped away my energy. So I'm taking this week off from exercising. Which is bad because I really wanted to get into a new exercise rhythm.

The good thing is that I am keeping up with my one pop a day! But thats because I'm running out of pop at home. :(

I probably wont be on here much over the next few days. I will keep up with the discussion though.

That is such a drag - I am sure we are all rooting for you to recover quickly. But we also hope you run out of pop and discover all kinds of other lovely things to drink that are better for you! You'll get to start your new exercise routine soon - get well soon!
  • jugar
    sunny9847 wrote: »
    Back to work today. Felt determined. Got my goal met today. Steps for yesterday 12,124. Steps for today 12,118.

Good one! You will definitely be giving the stepping team a run for their money! A little competition is good for everyone :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.