WaistAways - January 2021 Team Chat

Replies

• CurvyCalorie
    CurvyCalorie Posts: 266 Member
    edited January 2021
    @micki48 Steps for January 4

@sarkrisd I hope you feel better soon!

@jugar that sounds like so much fun! We barely ever get snow here. Just cold. 🥶

• sunny9847
    sunny9847 Posts: 137 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    sunny9847 wrote: »
    Back to work today. Felt determined. Got my goal met today. Steps for yesterday 12,124. Steps for today 12,118.

Good one! You will definitely be giving the stepping team a run for their money! A little competition is good for everyone :smiley:
    Back to work today. Felt determined. Got my goal met today. Steps for yesterday 12,124. Steps for today 12,118.

Good one! You will definitely be giving the stepping team a run for their money! A little competition is good for everyone :smiley:

@jugar oh there’s a stepping team. Do we sign up? I can use the motivation. I’m new here and trying to figure out what all I am supposed to do.
  • fuschiabolero
    fuschiabolero Posts: 35 Member
    I am not sure I am doing this right. Do we report everything at once or private message exercise separately? I also thought reporting started on the 4th because of the tracker. Sorry - newbie confusion.
    PW - 182
    CW - 181.4
    1/1 - step aerobics 45 min (high-med intensity)
    1/2 - 7,209 steps
    1/3- Bodypump Barbell class 60 min (high)
    1/4 - Barre3 class 45 min (low-medium intensity)
    Please let me know if I need to do this differently. Have a great night everyone!
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    @sarkrisd so sorry to hear you have covid, hope you recover quickly! ❤
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,004 Member
    I am not sure I am doing this right. Do we report everything at once or private message exercise separately? I also thought reporting started on the 4th because of the tracker. Sorry - newbie confusion.
    PW - 182
    CW - 181.4
    1/1 - step aerobics 45 min (high-med intensity)
    1/2 - 7,209 steps
    1/3- Bodypump Barbell class 60 min (high)
    1/4 - Barre3 class 45 min (low-medium intensity)
    Please let me know if I need to do this differently. Have a great night everyone!

Hi Ana! No worries about newbie confusion - it happened to every single one of us at first.

Everything happens here on this team chat. Once a week (on Mondays for you, unless you want to change to a different day), post your weight. If you forget your previous one or anything, don't worry - as long as I get the new number each week, that's great! Then I record those in the F2F spreadsheet.

For exercise, you report that any time you want - daily, weekly, every few days - whatever works, as long as it is all up to day by Sunday mornings. Our weeks run from Sunday through Saturday. This is week 1 January 3 - 9.

Reporting started on the 3rd (Sunday), so you are now all up to date, and off to a great start!
  • jugar

@jugar oh there’s a stepping team. Do we sign up? I can use the motivation. I’m new here and trying to figure out what all I am supposed to do.

Yes indeed! @micki48 , my intrepid co-captain, keeps records for the steps. All you have to do is post them here just like you did today. Keep it up!
  • Evallusion
    Evallusion Posts: 165 Member
    edited January 2021
    Evallusion
    Sunday
    PW: 173
    CW: 173

Sorry for being late. Didnt know where to go.
  • sodonovan74
    sodonovan74 Posts: 42 Member
    So sorry for the late reply, time zone is killing!!

sodonovan74
    Sunday
    PW: 159
    CW: 159
  • jugar
    edited January 2021
    Evallusion wrote: »
    Evallusion
    Sunday
    PW: 173
    CW: 173

Sorry for being late. Didnt know where to go.

So glad you made it! It is confusing at first, especially with MFP's group sign-up issues that started last month and seem to have gotten even worse. Be sure to mark the F2F home page as a favourite (star) so that you can always get there easily. Under "Announcements" are all the threads for everyone on any of our teams (group challenges, recipes, ideas, etc.) and under "Discussions" are the team chat threads so you will always be able to find Team WaistAways.

When you have a minute, tell us a bit about yourself!
    So sorry for the late reply, time zone is killing!!

sodonovan74
    Sunday
    PW: 159
    CW: 159

Don't sweat the timing - we have members in so many time zones I do not worry about the exact time, except for the Saturday people who really need to have everything in before I do tallies on Sunday mornings. I just make the reminders in my own time zone, so it might not fit everyone! Where are you?
    Kali225 wrote: »
    I finally followed through on my plan yesterday - first real workout of 2021, and it was a sweaaaty 65 min HIIT. My arms and chest and back are definitely sore, but not crazy so. It's a very gray day here today so I am going to try to get my steps mostly done on my lunch break. I also want to finish a book I started late last year today.

You are on fire! 65 minutes of HIIT is seriously long! It will give you a juicy big number of equivalent steps, though :wink:

@conleywoods
    I love your points about the ups and downs of that danged # on the scale, speaking of numbers. Our bodies have many mysterious ways of being. We have many other ways of measuring how things are on the short term (how we feel, how things fit, how we sleep, etc.), and the longer term is where the weight number starts to have some significance. It is no straight path, that's for sure!

@Gidgitgoescrazy
    You will make it! I just know you have a pair of kick*kitten* pants in your wardrobe, and doing something to make things better for you will make your work friends proud, even if they are sad you are leaving. You are doing great!!!
This discussion has been closed.