What's your meal plan look like?

Very curious to know what others do during the day for breakfast lunch and dinner. Do you eat the same thing all the time or how often do you switch things up?

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,881 Member
    My breakfast and lunches might be the same for months on end. I tend to vary them seasonally. Lunch might also be leftovers of a dinner I liked much more than my OH did.

I get more creative for dinner. If it's a big batch, for example gumbo or Cuban rice & beans, I will freeze a few portions for later meals. I save plastic food containers in various sizes for this.

However, when I used to live alone and work longer hours, I would shop on Saturday and on Sunday make four lunches, four dinners and prep snacks. On Fridays I would get takeout for lunch, eat half, and have the other half for dinner. Breakfasts back then were smoothies.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    edited January 2021
    Breakfast is pretty much the same every morning: two overeasy eggs, a slice of turkey bacon, and pumpernickel toast with 7 grams of butter. I alternate the butter with Kite Hill cream cheese and a sliver of smoked salmon at times. Coffee with Equal and creamer is a must. Every once in a blue moon I'll have a serving of oats topped with fruit, but after a lot of experimenting I realized that the egg breakfast keeps me most satiated til lunch and less likely to binge.

Lunch is typically a sandwich/wrap paired with chips (especially for work), but I've done proteins (grilled or baked chicken, salmon, or hamburger patties) and potatoes, veggies before, or a giant salad loaded with greens, hummus, feta, chicken, balsamic, etc. I haven't done that in a while, so it might be time lol.

Dinner and snacks vary day to day and what keep it interesting for me, but it's good to know what to expect out of breakfast and lunch every day :)
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    My 'meal plan' really amounts to pick a protein, add fat if the protein doesn't already contain it, then add a carb and veg/fiber.

What those specifics are really does vary. i go through phases where I eat something for a week solid then don't want to see it again for another month. Then it rotates in again.

The more options I find that 'fit my macros' and calories, the more variety there is, but the basic 'plan' is still just 'pick something with protein and build around it'.
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    edited January 2021
    This week I've got frozen egg burritos for breakfast and hummus for lunch cuz I have to have pack and go options there. Dinner will be your a basic protein + carb combo with a side of veggies or salad. Fruit and yogurt or cottage cheese for snacks and any leftover calories I fill up as I please
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Breakfast and lunch are variations on a theme five to six days a week: breakfast is oatmeal with sauteed mixed veggies (yeah, savory not sweet oatmeal) and lunch is a huge salad with lots of veggies and a veg protein (often dressing made with silken tofu, hummus, or pureed beans.) I make my lunch salad while breakfast veggies are cooking.

For dinner, I often cook a big casserole or crock pot on the weekend (chili, veg lasagna, soup, stew, shepherd's pie, etc) then microwave a serving for dinner. I also freeze individual servings, so I have a variety of options in the freezer if I'm not feeling that week's crock pot fare :-)
  • coryleeper
    coryleeper Posts: 11 Member
    During the work week, I like to do my pro oats in the morning.

On the weekends, I have alot of flexibility and eat something light before the gym like a protein shake and cream of rice.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,393 Member
    Breakfast rotates between egg/cheese/ham roll ups, pancakes, Dave’s raisin bagel, and once a week, a carefully logged trip to the local gourmet donut shop.

Lunch is generally a salad with grilled chicken, steak or tofu, or a roll up.

Dinner is typically a meat, veggie or two, and sometimes a starch.

Afternoon snack is always a bowl of cottage cheese with frozen fruit and Grapenuts on top.

Dessert is usually some iteration of yogurt whipped with sugar free pudding mix, a squirt of whipped cream, and honey crystals. Or possibly a smoothie.

Every Sunday I grill an extra couple pounds of boneless skinless chicken breast. There’s so many ways to use it throughout the week,
    it’s super low cal and high protein. It is the convenientist of convenience foods!
  • broraff
    broraff Posts: 1 Member
    I almost always have a gala apple with all natural peanut butter for breakfast. Veggies for lunch. I especially like Green Giant's broccoli with cheese sauce. For supper I eat a normal meal...meat, veggie and maybe a roll once in a while.

For snacks I have fruit or nuts, but I did eat many cookies and treats during the holidays. Nobody's perfect. :-)

I broke a vertebrae 6 weeks ago and packed on 10 lbs from inactivity and boredom eating. I am just beginning to exercise again and I am so happy!!

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Dinner is the only meal I actively plan.

anything beyond that is ... whatever I have here. I made a batch of chicken salad this past weekend that will give me about a week worth of lunches. I also made a big batch of burritos and froze a bunch and had those several times last week for lunch. Have another weeks worth of those in the freezer. Sometimes a salad. sometimes leftovers (I'm not big on leftovers though so I have to either have nothing else or have REALLY liked it)

breakfast, sometimes I have, sometimes I don't. when I do, it can either be an English muffin or eggs, or a homemade egg McMuffin.... whatever I have on hand.