Smschaefer04 Posts: 3 Member
    Day 1
    Stayed within my calories
    Exercised 45 minutes
    Very little Work Stress for a Monday

Note: Make Better food choices

Day 2

Goals
    Drink Water-Drink Green Tea Repeat x3 (Get ready bathroom cause here I come 🚽)
    Eat more Veggies
    Exercise 60 minutes
    Find Joy in the Day!

Good Luck Everyone, May all your goals be Reached today🙌
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 818 Member
    aerochic42 wrote: »
    January goals:
    -Weekly weighin
    - weekly measurements
    - 8k+ steps a day.
    - log regularly
    - brush before bed

JFT goals:
    - Log food - partially breakfast and lunch yes, dinner no, snacks no
    - 8000 steps - 8733 woohoo
    - unpack - i need to put one backpack away (empty but needs to go away)
    - laundry - washed, dried, folded and put away
    - dishes - done
    - brush before bed - done
    -

Overall not too bad yesterday

JFT Tuesday:
    - Log food
    - 8000 steps
    - at least 5 rounds of Journey workout https://darebee.com/workouts/journey-workout.html
    - mend fitted sheet (again). When there is some money I need to get new sheets. The fitted sheets are all wearing out.
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    edited January 2021
    JFY 1/4/2021
    1) Go for a walk :)
    2) Stay within my calories :s (Oh, it was a bad day for calories...dang evening snacks!!)
    3) Take my vitamins :)
    4) Drink 64 oz water :/ (Drank too much Diet Coke)
    5) Fast until noon :)

JFT 1/5/2021
    1) Go for a walk
    2) Stay within my calories
    3) Take my vitamins
    4) Drink 64 oz water
    5) Fast until noon and stop eating at 8pm
  • cdthom
    cdthom Posts: 108 Member
    Jft
    No soda
    Log food good or bad
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,261 Member
    @klanders30 Welcome to the group!

@Bex953172 I don't envy you for having to homeschool. I know it's the safest thing and we do what we have to do, but I always found it incredibly difficult to teach my own children when they were very young. I just didn't have the patience. Best of luck to you and the kiddos during this time.

Vanessa is feeling better today.

Good news about my older daughter, Sierra. She got a rowing scholarship at the university she really wanted to attend. With the rowing scholarship and the academic scholarships, it is comparable to going in state. She is also up for a 4 year full tuition scholarship which will stack with the athletic scholarship. This would mean tuition and room and board would be covered! They have a brilliant nursing school with all of the latest technology, a 95% first-time pass rate for the NCLEX and partner with some of the best hospitals in Pittsburgh. It is technically a dead period for NCAA DI schools, so she can't sign but has a verbal commitment. Anyway, she won't let me tell many people in the RW, and I'm over the moon excited for her so I'm sharing here.
    8lo1sk7531lq.jpg

Goals JFT Tuesday
    - Weigh in, OMG that was awful! I had no idea I'd gained that much weight. Well Ok, I did, but I was trying to deny it. But I did weigh in so :smiley:
    - Work by 8:00 :( more like 8:30
    - Protein shake for breakfast :smiley:
    - One soda during the day, then water
    - Healthy lunch made up from random healthy snacks I have in the office, didn't pack a lunch.
    - 30 minutes of exercise
    - 1 self care act
    - think we're having crab legs for dinner. If I skip the butter, that comes in low on cals!
    - Do bible reading
    - Max 1 healthy snack after dinner, if I'm hungry. I've found that saying I can't have one leaves me wanting, but allowing for one makes it easier.
    - Bed after the news.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,047 Member
    teigansdad wrote: »
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    So I don't have to send the kids to school today.
    The school decided to close before No. 10 even announced a national lockdown. I'm glad because of the safety concerns but I'm not gonna lie, I hate home learning.
    I find it hard because they're all different ages and Casey is very distracting. Like, very. But I'll give it my best go again as I'm pretty worried about the amount they've missed through the lockdowns but also mine missed 8 weeks of school when I was between houses. But I'm no teacher, I'm pretty good at maths and English but I don't know how to explain it to a child in a way that makes sense to them.

Goals for Tues
    - 4 cups of water
    - fruit only for snacks.
    - Log log log.
    - Prep some homelearning?

Glad to here about the school staying remote... are you working from home too? How old are your kiddos? My daughter Teigan has been remote since either March or April (can’t remember) . Academically she’s actually done well. She’s super driven. Luckily socially there are two other girls her age in neighborhood and our best friends (we’ve all kinda stayed a “pod”) so I think she’s done as good as could hope for.
    My wife Sara Is a SLP in the schools. They have had k-2 I think going back since January

Scary because the school system is less than honest about potential exposures and keep changing the goal post as to what they will accept as risk.

Not so worried about the kids.. but what about their grandparents, parents and teachers? We all know there are parents who will send their kid to school loaded up with Tylenol to mask a fever. I guess we will see over the next month.

Anyway hope you all are staying healthy.
    Pete

No I don't work so I guess I have it easier than most parents. My girls are 6, 4 and 2. I notice the lack of education mostly in my 4 year old because she's not made much headway in here reading. Good job I got her looooads of books for Christmas. I just don't know how to teach kids that age. Because some of the maths stuff I just *know* but I don't know how to explain it.

Like for example my 6 year old was doing units, tens, 100s. And it's so simple but I just couldn't explain it at all lmao.
    What I didn't like is that the nursery asked my 2 year old to get a test when she got a high temp in nursery.

I didn't, I just kept her off for 2 weeks. I don't know how they expect a 2 year old to have a cotton swab stuck up their nose!

Im glad your daughter is doing well still!
    I worry about mine because its all early years learning and I really hope they learn enough because I worry how it will affect them in later life too!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,047 Member

@Bex953172 I don't envy you for having to homeschool. I know it's the safest thing and we do what we have to do, but I always found it incredibly difficult to teach my own children when they were very young. I just didn't have the patience. Best of luck to you and the kiddos during this time.

Yeah I definitely don't have the patience. I don't mean to be like that but they sometimes get silly and just give me stupid answers. I'll give it my best shot. I normally find doing normal stuff but incorporating learning into it a lot easier. Like counting ducks at the park etc.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Welcome to all the newbies! I'm excited to have a busy, active group posting JFT.

@pridesabtch Congrats to your eldest daughter on her scholarships & achievements! Glad youngest daughter is ok.

Recap 1/4 M
    1) Treadmill before work :smiley: 2.35 mi ~ sad dog & kitty came downstairs to demand her breakfast LOL
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors) :smiley: 13/14 & 15.4k
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / net cals zero / 14c water >:) after massage peanut M&Ms ACK!!! 16c water :mrgreen:
    4) Work in office: to-do list (rats, printer on fritz so use AA's) / AJNH / catch up emails / ask about 2021 PAR & PRO s/s's = 4/4
    5) Read Advent/Epiphany booklet / 6:30 massage / prep lunch, snacks, water bottle & overnight oats / thank you card / prep derm bill / prep citrus sale order = 3/6
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 7:00 alarm (rest day T) = 5/5

JFT 1/5 T ~ rest day
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors)
    2) Prelog meals & snacks / net cals zero / 14c water / NO evening snacking!
    3) Work in office: AJNH / keep up with emails / print CPE, PTO logs
    4) Read Advent/Epiphany booklet / prep lunch, snacks, water bottle & overnight oats / thank you card / prep derm bill / prep citrus sale order / one other chore
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 6:00 alarm (treadmill before work W)

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year!
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and continuing to log / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,685 Member
    JFT - Monday Jan 4
    Scale 199.4
    1L of water - :)
    Log all food - :)

JFT - Tuesday Jan 5
    Scale 198.2 (This is what happens when I drink water)
    1L of water
    Log all food

@littleblackskirt - Strength is a good word. I am like you, I've lost weight several times and then gain it back. The logging isn't a hassle to me its the meal prep and saying No to fast food. I really dislike cooking and I'm tired of having to make the decision for what food all the time.

@pridesabtch - I hope your daughter heals quickly, that is painful. Sierra is beautiful and I would be wanting to shout that to the rooftops too! Congratulations to her.

@bex953172 - Do you have to homeschool or do they have online learning? My Grandson in the Spring had to do homeschooling and that did not work well at all with him. In September they were given the choice of online school or regular and they chose online. It is completely different than the homeschooling, he logs into a classroom each morning with 20+ other students and a teacher. My daughter just has to make sure he is logged on and not having any tech issues. He is actually doing really well with it academically, he misses his friends though and recess, etc. I bet you "counting ducks at the park", helping you bake or cook, whatever you do with them sticks more than school anyway. What do you remember about elementary school? I don't remember learning, I remember the teachers and friends I made. I remember learning about measurements from helping Dad hold the tape measure and my Grandmother bake.

@teigansdad - The reasons you mentioned are the reasons my daughter and her husband chose to keep my Grandson doing online learning. I agree that this has changed us all and I'm worried about the children. My Granddaughter (she turned 5 on Sunday) was shy but still willing to try new things, she loved having some independence from her Mom going to preschool. Now she cries and screams every time her Mother leaves the room. When this started she was peeing herself and hadn't for 2 years. It's changed her personality for sure.

@damselfly7981 - I'm curious about "watering dead plants" too, I assume you mean quit putting energy into something that isn't going to work, but would love to know what you mean.

@aerochic42 - I hear you about money. It's so hard to come by sometimes.

@sarah74_vt - nice to see you back

Well I am at work and should get on with the day. Yesterday our system was down all day and I can't do a lot without it, so I'm hoping it's up and running today.

Have a great day everyone.

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member

MONDAY:
    1. Do two mini-workouts (30 minutes total) :(
    2. At least 8C water :)
    3. Have a big salad for lunch :)
    4. Make a decision about FitBit and purchase :) found old model on eBay
    5. Try out meditation/mindfulness program on Netflix :)
    6. Get at least 6 hours sleep (no Fitbit to tell me for sure, but I have a big deficit) :smiley:

TUESDAY:
    1. Do two mini-workouts (30 minutes total)
    2. At least 8C water
    3. Try out meditation/mindfulness program on Netflix
    6. Get at least 6 hours sleep. Don't stay up all night listening to friend doing online salsa DJing!
  • vermontrebecca6929
    vermontrebecca6929 Posts: 72 Member
    JFT 1/4– started logging again after 2 month hiatus dueto chest wall contusion=no upper body workouts + 14 day quarantine due to Covid exposure, plus bad eating habits @ the holidays.
    JFT 1/5: log food, the good the bad, the ugly— yes, I need to count every damn chocolate chip!
    Did my 1 1/2 hour workout 6:30 am- 8 am
    Drink 60 oz of water (3 blender bottles)

So glad to be here & Happy New Year!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Not the best start to the year ever. I was intending to start the year well yesterday with a run before work and a no-alcohol evening, but those intentions went out of the window when (a) alarm went off on Monday and body was like 'nope, I haven't got up this early in two weeks' (b) PM decided to ruin my evening by announcing another national lockdown - back to only being allowed to leave this poky flat once a day for the same walk/ run on repeat again!

Today was a bit better though. Didn't manage to drag myself for a run but I did manage to get up slightly earlier and do my new exercise DVD, which is a good start. I also had a reasonable day at work and am also feeling slightly more positive about the whole lockdown situation. It won't be forever and I reminded myself that ultimately, regardless of whether this lockdown could have been prevented/ shorter if the Govt. had enacted better controls earlier (e.g. not opening all the non-essential shops, restaurants and bars in December for everyone to go mad shopping and drinking when cases were already high...), ultimately it's to save lives. So, it's important to suck it up and make the best of it.

And that's what I intend to do, and have started doing so by agreeing to play online DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS with some colleagues. I am not entirely sure this won't turn out to be a mistake - it will probably be the nerdiest thing I've ever done (possibly - with some competition from the Harry Potter book club I had with my friends where we re-read all seven books and had multiple sessions to discuss each....) and I understand it is probably going to suck my life for the next few months. But.... if there is a time to try something new, that will involve interacting with nice people.... it feels like now is the time! (When else am I going to have hours free with nothing better to do in them?!)

Weigh-in tomorrow - don't think it's going to be pretty, suspect it will have gone up from the 178 I posted the other day, the boyfriend made up for not being able to go to France over Christmas by cooking ridiculous amounts of fattening French food that he would have eaten and we have been eating that up over the last few days.... However, it is all eaten now so even if tomorrow isn't pretty I can get back on track from there!

So with that in mind, here's tomorrow's goals:

- Log everything I eat/drink
    - Be in the green
    - Go for a run

- Remember to take breaks (meditate/ text friends)
    - Do something fun and/or distracting to wind down/ switch off
    - Support boyfriend with cooking/ washing up
    - Talk to boyfriend in French
    - Start emotional eating toolkit
    - Lights off by 11

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    ❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️
    ❄️⛄️JANUARY ⛄️❄️
    ❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️

January 2021
    🔹Word - Balance
    🔹I am in tune with my dreams
    🔹I know what is right for me
    🔹I will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    January 2021
    Life Affirmations

🔹I live in congruence with my authentic self
    🔹I am mindful
    🔹I am creative every day
    🔹I foster positivity
    🔹I am compassionate
    Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • Height: 5'2"
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 Sept 2015
    • UGW: 145
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • Total weight loss: 81.2
    January Daily Goals: Week 1
    Fri: ✅ Sat: ✅ Sun: ✅ Mon: ✅
    Tue: ✅ Wed: Thu:
    1. Weight < 150: ✅5/7 (I weigh naked 😂 each morning after you know what. It helps me stay on track)
    2. Reduce Fat%: ✅ 29.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2[/s] 23.4
    3. Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.1
    4. Calories in the green ✅ 5/7
    5. Steps > 7500 ✅ 5/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅ 5/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily ✅ 5/7
    Positive intentions for today ✅
    Positive intentions for tomorrow :
    • Meditation
    • Daily Yoga/tai chi practice
    • Outdoor walk
    • Do weekly shopping
    • Book hearing test
    • Book eye test
    • Daily Chores
    • Puzzles: Watch TV: Finish Ch 1'Travels with Charlie, John Steinbeck

@Bex953172
      Total Lockdown is a worry, and is especially difficult for those with several children to homeschool. I hope people stay at home and that the numbers begin to drop again. We owe such a lot to the essential workers who
      Put themselves on the line.

Terri 🦄
  • damselfly7981
    damselfly7981 Posts: 110 Member
    Name: Marie
    Highest wt: 300
    Current wt: 230
    1st goal 2021: 224
    2nd goal 2021: 218

Word for 2021: Freedom

Phrase for the year: Stop watering dead plants!

1/5 JFT
    1. 5 min journal ✅
    2. meditate✅
    3. 30 min exercise ✅ 40 min low impact aerobics
    4. daily spiritual reading ✅

1/6 JFT
    1. 5 min journal
    2. meditate
    3. 30 min exercise
    4. daily spiritual reading
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,261 Member

Goals JFT Tuesday
    - Weigh in, OMG that was awful! I had no idea I'd gained that much weight. Well Ok, I did, but I was trying to deny it. But I did weigh in so ✅
    - Work by 8:00 ❌more like 8:30
    - Protein shake for breakfast ✅
    - One soda during the day, then water✅
    - Healthy lunch made up from random healthy snacks I have in the office, didn't pack a lunch.✅
    - 30 minutes of exercise✅
    - 1 self care act✅
    - think we're having crab legs for dinner. If I skip the butter, that comes in low on cals!✅
    - Do bible reading✅
    - Max 1 healthy snack after dinner, if I'm hungry. I've found that saying I can't have one leaves me wanting, but allowing for one makes it easier.✅
    - Bed after the news.

Tuesday was a good day.
  • annk18
    annk18 Posts: 85 Member
    Today just got away from me. I'm not sure where it went, but at least I didn't play solitaire!!!😁. I did cook for about 3hours.

@Teigansdadand @Snowflake1968: Thank you and your coworkers for being there for us during these hard and stressful times. I wish people would cooperate and stop getting themselves and others deliberately sick.

@Bex953172: Take a deep breath and stop demanding miracles from yourself or the kids. Most of the other kids will be in a similar boat and the schools will have to figure it out. (Not easy for the teachers, but will be done)

@Pridesabitch: Great new about Sierra. Looks like she has a great, but demanding future. Glad your youngest is doing well now
  • annk18
    annk18 Posts: 85 Member
    JFT 1/4
    1. Log everything and try to stay below allotted calories. 😀
    a) Chew food well.🙂 still working on it, but making progress
    2. Drink 8 (or more) glasses of H2O.😐almost
    3. Exercise at least 30 mins. Get outdoors and move 😦didn't happen
    4. Only 1/2hr at computer solitaire. 😐was a bit mote
    5. Pay est. tax.🙁
    6. Make meal plan for next 2 additional days and make shopping list accordingly.😀
    8. Start to organize recipes.😐

JFT 1/5
    1. Log everything and try to stay below allotted calories.
    a) Chew food well.
    2. Drink 8 (or more) glasses of H2O.
    3. Exercise at least 30 mins. Get outdoors and move
    4. Only 1/2hr at computer solitaire.
    5. Pay bills and est. tax.
    6. Make meal plan for next 2 additional days and make shopping list accordingly.
    8. Start to organize recipes.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 919 Member

JFT Tuesday 5th Jan

Log everything yes
    Stay in the green sigh...signed out safely in the green...then snacked on crisps in the evening
    Osteopath appointment yes, glad it wasn't cancelled, it helped. and a lovely half hour chat whilst on the table
    Smile and appreciate the day yes

JFT Wednesday 6th Jan

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Admin
    Post urgent letter

Word for 2021 Strength

One day at a time. lose 20lbs in 2021.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Wednesday 6 January

Yesterday’s goals ✅

Log
    Stay in the green
    Water
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh 😊 trend ⬇️ 0.2kg lost in last 7 days.

• teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 393 Member
    Tuesday
    Stay green✅
    Make dinner after work✅
    No beer✅
    No candy✅
    Zwift workout✅
    Pull ups✅
    Push-ups✅
    Get calendar for bills❌

Wednesday goals