Women 200lb+, Let's Make It Count This January!!!

Replies

• Babycarrot337
    Babycarrot337 Posts: 18 Member
    Happy New Year!! I am so happy to say good bye to 2020. For the past several years i have been working on my education and career as well as our busy family life. I love it all but i have let myself go physically. Time to focus more on my health. I have found accountability really works for me for motivation. I love reading everyone’s posts. You are all so inspiring!!! Praying we all have a much better 2021 and that we are able to become healthier.
    Here are my stats:
    Height: 5'9”
    SW: 287 on 7/12/2020 BMI: 42.4
    CW: 256.2 on 1/2/2022 BMI: 37.8
    I started Mediweight loss in November at 274 pounds. BMI:40.5
    Jan progress: ( i weigh in on Tuesdays at my Mediweight loss appointments)
    1/2: 256.2
    1/5: (goal 252 as i know i have been carrying a lot of water weight this week.) weigh in on 1/5: 248.5 yay!
    1/12: (goal 244)
    1/19: (goal 240)
    1/26: (goal 235)
    GW for January: 235
    GW for February: 225
    GW for March:200
    GW for April: 190
    GW for May: 180
    GW for June: 170
    GW for July: 160
    UGW: 150 hopefully in time for my daughter’s wedding in late August!!

Wow! You've been killing it! Way to go!
  • VickyEltonGreen
    VickyEltonGreen Posts: 116 Member
    GrammaLisa, totally agree around walking. We started March 15 last year and try to get out for 3,4 or 6 km per day.

Angif05 I dont want to take away what you are feeling but always remember the sum of who you are is soooo much more than a number on the scale, its how you are, what is in your heart and how you are loved by others.That is true beauty,

Sending positive thoughts to everyone and welcome those who have just started. So grateful for all your posts. When I think of all of you who are walking this trough day by day I feel the energy renewed.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Sad day: the mochi ice cream I bought is disappointing. :( If you like mango and mochi ice cream, skip My/Mo sweet mango flavor. The ice cream tastes exactly like a Flintstones push pop, hardly like mango at all. I hate to waste food or money, so like, I'm still going to eat the other five (eventually, not all in one sitting), but they just aren't as good as I was hoping they would be.
  • LisaGetsMoving
    LisaGetsMoving Posts: 664 Member
    My treadmill will be here Saturday!
    I haven’t had the best week so far and it’s only Tuesday. 😭 I am having a hard time getting back in the swing of dieting.
    I need motivation!
    Any tips?

Music! Put together a playlist of 6 to 8 songs that you love, then crank it up and move to the beat. Put one slow song at the end for a cool down.
    Visualize. Imagine meeting your future self this summer, the gal that stayed on track. She's smoking hot, right? Meditate on this vision regularly. I especially like to do this one and imagine myself on a warm beach.
    Rewards. Set up some rewards for yourself for certain milestones. For instance, I love Zevia 0 calorie Root Beer but it's expensive so I don't buy it. When I log a 5 lb drop, I'm going to get a 6 pack as a reward.

You will feel better! The important thing is to keep trying.
  • twosteplove
    twosteplove Posts: 41 Member
    @Babycarrot337 thanks! Also i was surprised to find more than one “babycarrot” username. Lol had to scroll up to see which one was you.
  • twosteplove
    twosteplove Posts: 41 Member
    I really want to snack unhealthy things tonight. Does anyone else have to talk themselves off the snack shelf ledge on weigh in days? My inner sugar addict says ah you have all week to burn it off now so one snack won’t hurt. Ugh! I am resisting but wow it is hard. I’m not even hungry. I feel really full and satisfied but it is just the craving for junk that comes on strong right after weigh in. And yes i realize one snack won’t tip the whole apple cart but i’m trying hard to retrain myself to not reach for things just because i am craving them. Usually if i can talk myself out of it for 15 min then the craving passes and i no longer want it. So i thought i’d come post on here to pass a few of those moments. I hope everyone is having a great week!
  • changeforeverlj
    changeforeverlj Posts: 222 Member
    Oh this photo is part of my running loop, it's glorious!! It's very humid here, summer in full swing!!
  • JojoInTheForks
    JojoInTheForks Posts: 134 Member
    Oh this photo is part of my running loop, it's glorious!! It's very humid here, summer in full swing!!

Okay, as I look out my office window at the snow piled up, with the sounds of the freezing rain hitting the roof as background noise, I am officially jealous!! I came back to this game on Monday and am ramping up to do my first in public run on the weekend. I have NO idea why I have such stress and anxiety about it. But I think once I do it once, I will be fine. It's the only way I can run outside now since my track is buried. I will think of you getting to see this view as I jump over snow banks haha
  • meegerzeb
    meegerzeb Posts: 12 Member
    January 1, 2021 - 200 lbs. Highest weight of all time was in January 2013 (215 lbs), lowest adult weight was 169 lbs (June 2013). Goal for 2021 is to get back down to 170. I looked and felt great at that weight. I'm finding it really hard to get motivated to work out on days I have to work (i.e. 6 days a week), but having a MFP community is helping! Feel free to add me if you want some accountability in your newsfeed!
  • Babycarrot337
    Babycarrot337 Posts: 18 Member
    meegerzeb wrote: »
    January 1, 2021 - 200 lbs. Highest weight of all time was in January 2013 (215 lbs), lowest adult weight was 169 lbs (June 2013). Goal for 2021 is to get back down to 170. I looked and felt great at that weight. I'm finding it really hard to get motivated to work out on days I have to work (i.e. 6 days a week), but having a MFP community is helping! Feel free to add me if you want some accountability in your newsfeed!

You list 45 lbs in 6 months? Thats incredible!

We have the same goal weight -- we can do it!