Wish I would've... (at the start of my MFP journey)

124»

Replies

• a_candler
    a_candler Posts: 209 Member
    I did take measurements and I'm glad of that, however I wish I would have taken a couple before pictures to really SEE the differences.
  • MzMujera
    MzMujera Posts: 6 Member
    Just had the hubby take a before picture. Funny enough he had me take before pictures of him and I ofc was too ashamed. Glad I read this thread because I love seeing the before and after pictures. They are so inspiring.
  • Reading through here I am glad I took a before picture. I hate the way I look, but I do want to one to compare on days when I will be discouraged and seem to be hitting a brick wall. Thanks for this thread! It has been super helpful ;)
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    I love this thread! (I wish I could eat TDEE - 20% now - but that would be below 1200 calories unfortunately.)

I wish I would have taken more chances to walk when I could, and gotten way better shoes instead of walking shoes that rubbed holes in my feet. "Thanks" to my mom taking surprise photos, I have a great unflattering pic. So glad those days are past me. I also sort of wish I'd exercised more at the gym when it was still open.
  • Eddie__Jones
    Eddie__Jones Posts: 197 Member
    before pics and measurements
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Agree with everyone. Definitely take better before pics. I have a few but they certainly were not my worst!
    18922 Posts: 105 Member
    What is Tdee-20? Can someone fill us in lol. I was eating 1290 Cala a day and after 6 months have bumped myself up but would love to know about TDEE
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Not done anything differently.

The time is right when it is....being an ED and abuse survivor, this is something you learn....there is a time for it all. Mistakes and set backs, things you may think are negative are all part of learning.

This is my take anyway. Glad to be here and still challenging myself in different ways.
  • garciasusan77
    garciasusan77 Posts: 5 Member
    When I went to Texas for 2 weeks I did not work out. Went out with my family to eat out. This was a mistake. Now I am home trying to fix the mistake I did. I gain 5 pound. It’s time to start over.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    edited January 2021
    18922 wrote: »
    What is Tdee-20? Can someone fill us in lol. I was eating 1290 Cala a day and after 6 months have bumped myself up but would love to know about TDEE

Total Daily Energy Expenditure. Here is a website that explains it well, Imho. Hope it helps :)

https://healthyeater.com/flexible-dieting-calculator

ETA: I believe @Sand_TIger is referring to a TDEE # minus 20%.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,387 Member
    Yah, the acronyms can be a weeeee bit confusing sometimes.
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    Yep, you're right, Springlering! :) Basically was talking about the fact that if I took 20 percent off of my total daily energy expenditure it would be at or below my basal metabolic rate, or anyway really close to it because my body is entirely too efficient.
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    I wish I had had a reliable measurement device for my actual calorie expenditures (I now have an apple watch).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!