What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• VegeKelly
    VegeKelly Posts: 14 Member
    Oh, I've found my MFP home! Thank you everyone for sharing... YUM.

Here's my dinner tonight - veggie chili (on bed of spinach):

7arbildg0wsu.png
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    I have discovered that just like shopping, I should not go to this discussion thread when hungry. The pictures of food look amazing and I get suddenly very hungry. Mom always said "the eyes feast first" and she was right about that, and so many other things.

Not sure whether it's a Jamaican saying but I grew up hearing something similar: "your eyes are bigger than your stomach"

And, yes, this thread is notorious 😋
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    I have discovered that just like shopping, I should not go to this discussion thread when hungry. The pictures of food look amazing and I get suddenly very hungry. Mom always said "the eyes feast first" and she was right about that, and so many other things.

Not sure whether it's a Jamaican saying but I grew up hearing something similar: "your eyes are bigger than your stomach"

And, yes, this thread is notorious 😋

My Dad said this all the time.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    senalay788 wrote: »
    Penne .... As i watch the world's best on CNN.

32gwn89dd26d.jpg

Looking great Senalay!
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    'Snack' - Egg White/veggie/sauerkraut/nori (70 calories)

nk0rimt3h8nx.jpg
    Egg White 'crisps' (60 calories)
    foj0218z0uud.jpg
  • MaltedTea
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »

nk0rimt3h8nx.jpg
    foj0218z0uud.jpg

👀 (Looks up egg white chip recipes...)

Welp, looks like I'll be busy experimenting the rest of the year. How did you get the cute holes in yours @PAPYRUS3?
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    Pan fried halibut served on tinned butter beans warmed up with a handful of frozen broad beans in shellfish bisque I pulled out of the freezer. The last of the coriander oil lying around the fridge and some freshly made gremolata. Side of tomato salad with kalamata olives.
    zqt53o6v5t1u.jpeg
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    @o0Firekeeper0o did you make the gluten-free egg noodles or buy? If bought, what brand? I'm experimenting with various gluten free pastas/pasta substitutes but have yet to find anything I find truly satisfying for meat sauce outside of zoodles.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »

nk0rimt3h8nx.jpg
    foj0218z0uud.jpg

👀 (Looks up egg white chip recipes...)

Welp, looks like I'll be busy experimenting the rest of the year. How did you get the cute holes in yours @PAPYRUS3?
    🙂
    https://www.amazon.ca/6-Cavity-Silicone-Non-Stick-Dishwasher-Microwave/dp/B07QS47R22/ref=asc_df_B07QS47R22/?tag=googleshopc0c-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=335190142075&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=14953222236252093289&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1001801&hvtargid=pla-818875158877&psc=1
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Lunch: prosciutto, Simple Truth lemon parm salad, leftover asparagus sauteed in olive oil, Castelvetrano olives, roma tomato w/splash of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I'm a little addicted to the kit salads for variety though I try to only get the organic ones because the dressings are less likely to be full of junk.

Dinner: oven baked chicken legs, broccoli sauteed in olive oil, leftover polenta w/smoky blue cheese and 1/2 avocado. The chicken legs were a "shake & bake" with a mixture of simple truth gluten free flour mix, five-spice powder, kaffir lime powder and coriander. I like to use a lot because I always remove the skin but the spices still get into the meat. I change up the spices every time. Curry powder alone works well.

xxdleb4thfzd.jpg

ruo8d9hi7lko.jpg

• MaltedTea
    @PAPYRUS3 That's super handy! Thanks for the link!
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    @LazyBlondeChef They were from Trader Joe’s! In the same refrigerated section as their other fresh pastas. They were pretty good; a bit fragile but I think that’s to be expected. Next time I’m going to try dried gf pasta because I think the water will be starchier and the noodles will be more sturdy