40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• HolisticHealth78
    HolisticHealth78 Posts: 2 Member
    I’m 42 and using 2021 as a fresh start, on my way to lose about 150 lbs and reduce hip and back pain!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Went to the park with my granddaughter yesterday. She rode her bike and I walked the dog. Was bitter cold, but we went anyway. The crisp air was good for the lungs and the company was good for the soul.
  • moya_bleh
    moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    Happy New Year, everybody! 47 in March, anybody got any oil for these creaking joints? 😂
  • rosie1angel
    rosie1angel Posts: 11 Member
    Hi all! I'm 46, looking to lose approx 30 pounds. Looking forward to going through this with everyone. :smile:
  • 2furryfriendz
    2furryfriendz Posts: 283 Member
    Hi all! I'm 46, looking to lose approx 30 pounds. Looking forward to going through this with everyone. :smile:

Same here! Good luck. Feel free to add me.
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Every time I comment on this my age seems to be older 🤔 funny how that happens 🤣. Turning 44 this month. I’m a very long time member but I swear this time I’m losing 25 lbs. Next WI will be my birthday. Here’s hoping. ✌️
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,970 Member
    moya_bleh wrote: »
    Happy New Year, everybody! 47 in March, anybody got any oil for these creaking joints? 😂

If you find it, let me know - I sound like a freaking orchestra some mornings :D

Yesterday started with hacking one of the horses I've been riding (Prezioso S) and then lifted in the evening after getting home (late, but got it done!).

Today le_floof_dog (Nymeria) and I headed out for a hike at the local state park where I put down an intense walking pace (can't run with my ankle, but can hustle at a walk pretty well, faster than some people jog LOL), and will lift again this evening.

Day 34 of the 75 Hard....
  • Lora2380
    Lora2380 Posts: 195 Member
    Hello everyone, I'm new to this group, I'm 40 and looking to get back down on the weight that has been slowly creeping back up. I lost 50lbs using MFP a few years ago and 2020 had me gaining 25 back. Can't let myself slip anymore, have to get back on track with no more covid excuses for me! Finding this time around feels harder but I know it works so I just have to hunker down and get it done.

Started walking 3 times a week with a neighbor a month ago and looking to start adding some other workout plans slowly in. Any recommendations would be appreciated! Gyms and classes a no go as we are in full lockdown again so anything from home!
  • coryleeper
    coryleeper Posts: 11 Member
    First time commenting on this thread... 45, and currently trying to gain muscle. Its always a battle but I'm not afraid to work hard and eat very regimented.

2020 was good to me in the gym, and 2021 will be even better!

Tip of the day, move more and eat less to achieve your weight loss goals!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Chest, shoulders and triceps=DONE!
  • ForcedRepz
    ForcedRepz Posts: 28 Member
    41, new here, looking to connect with like minded fit friends.
  • gam3rguy
    LEGS! DONE!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Sunday was kickboxing and my long run. Monday was full body HIIT and 2 step classes, and today was cardio, abs, stretch, and a 3.5 mile walk/jog.
  • SunnyBunBun79
    SunnyBunBun79 Posts: 2,228 Member
    Yaarrr i'm in the cool club too B) Need some supportive buddies.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,922 Member

It’s a good day to have a 3,300 days-in-a-row mfp streak!
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,903 Member
    This is as good a place as any to document working on my 2021 resolutions. I have one each for body, heart and mind.

Body: Workout 120 times in 2021
    Heart: Have 12 date nights with my wife (in addition to Valentine's, Anniversary and her birthday)
    Mind: Finish edits on second novel and submit to a publisher

To date, my progress:

Day: 6/365
    Body: 3/120
    Heart: 0/12
    Mind: Incorporating edits suggested by one beta reader
  • miallbena8190
    miallbena8190 Posts: 29 Member
    Hi All, I'm 48 and on a self improvement journey. Looking to connect with others also keen on improving themselves.
  • gam3rguy
    Yea...I forgot to post yesterday.
    Back, Traps & Bis DONE!
    Today...Chest &Tris!
  • gam3rguy
    Shoulders and Traps =Done!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Full body boot camp