Yoga with Adriene fans

Replies

• SwtHedgehog
    SwtHedgehog Posts: 169 Member
    I did one of her 30 day yoga challenge as a way to get myself back into a yoga return. The short videos worked great for me, especially in the beginning. It was easier to commit to the 10 minutes or so until I built my yoga mind/addiction back up. I am not always a fan of her cueing/pre-talk, but the progression of her challenge was nice.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,251 Member
    I'm doing "breath" now. This is the first one I have done right when it drops so I'm excited! (I've also done 40 days, home, dedicate, True, and camp)
  • 1taximom4
    1taximom4 Posts: 1 Member
    I started just recently. Finished day 5 today. I really enjoy her being silly and lighthearted.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,668 Member
    I had already planned to do yoga every day this month in hopes of developing a little more much needed flexibility. After reading this thread, I decided to give Adrienne a try. I'm not sure after doing day 1, but I'll give her a week at least. It started off super slow, which was irritating. Then when she finally got more active, there was little suggestion for how to modify movements for those of us who are old and stiff. I was able to follow along but had to shorten or alter a few of the movements.

I've done yoga videos before. Most I put away when I realized that they were far beyond my ability or when I saw they were nothing but repeated sun salutations. I have one video I use often that shows modified moves as well as the full pose, but I wanted to try something that would teach me new and different movements without requiring a level of expertise or flexibility that I lack utterly.
  • barryplumber
    barryplumber Posts: 401 Member
    I used to do this, Adriene is my favorite. Got to get back into it
  • donidaily
    donidaily Posts: 825 Member
    tmbg1 wrote: »
    I'm doing "breath" now. This is the first one I have done right when it drops so I'm excited! (I've also done 40 days, home, dedicate, True, and camp)

Same @tmbg1, this is the first time I've done the "journey" in real time and I am really enjoying it. I did home last year but not until later, and I often follow her monthly calendars but that's a little different. Glad to be practicing with you!
  • donidaily
    I had already planned to do yoga every day this month in hopes of developing a little more much needed flexibility. After reading this thread, I decided to give Adrienne a try. I'm not sure after doing day 1, but I'll give her a week at least. It started off super slow, which was irritating. Then when she finally got more active, there was little suggestion for how to modify movements for those of us who are old and stiff. I was able to follow along but had to shorten or alter a few of the movements.

I've done yoga videos before. Most I put away when I realized that they were far beyond my ability or when I saw they were nothing but repeated sun salutations. I have one video I use often that shows modified moves as well as the full pose, but I wanted to try something that would teach me new and different movements without requiring a level of expertise or flexibility that I lack utterly.

Your comment about the sun salutations reminded me of once when I went to a yoga class that happened to be on the day of the summer solstice. Teacher thought it would be meaningful to mark the occasion by doing FIFTY sun salutations! Reeeallly not for me.

I agree it can be frustrating when modifications aren't offered or aren't clear, I'll be interested to see if this improves as I am sure there are a lot of beginners or returnees signed up for the new year.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    I finished Day 3 yesterday. I used to be an avid yoga practitioner until I got burnt out. Starting fresh again this year, though, because the stretches feel really good after sitting all day!
  • skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    Well done @tjinatl. It's great you've found a program that works for you. X
    I'm still on course which is ace, but really not sure it's beginner friendly at all...
    Really feeling it in all my muscles too. :-)
  • KNoceros
    KNoceros Posts: 324 Member
    Is it just me, or is Adrienne super-chatty this year?
    I will plan to see the program through but for the first time ever (this will be my 4th year) I find myself getting a bit irritated by the chatter and thinking “can’t we just move on now...?”
  • skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    Oooph, watch out. Day 5 is hard core. Short, but tough. And she heard you @KNoceros! She certainly got right to it today, no messing or chatting!
  • tmbg1
    Oooph, watch out. Day 5 is hard core. Short, but tough. And she heard you @KNoceros! She certainly got right to it today, no messing or chatting!

Yes today was definitely a doozy! I tried to apply the breathing techniques from days 1-4 today.
  • KNoceros
    Oops. Maybe I should have been careful what I wished for... (a day or so behind already due to work issues {I work in UK healthcare..}).
  • Fit_Happens_2021
    Fit_Happens_2021 Posts: 303 Member
    I'm looking for a home video-based yoga class, I might give this a go, but I'm skim watching her Day One video and already seeing things that are too difficult for me with my osteoarthritis in my hips and spine. Maybe I need an easier channel to start with.
  • donidaily
    When I saw the title for day 5 - replenish - I was not expecting such a butt-kicking! But I felt amazing at the end so there you go.
  • KNoceros
    And day 6 often has a heavy core focus...
  • tmbg1
    Gotta psyche myself up for day 6 🔥
  • meegerzeb
    meegerzeb Posts: 12 Member
    I love Adrienne! I don't do as many of her videos as I used to since I joined my gym (that's all group fitness classes), but I think she's a great teacher and does a nice mix of flows.