• UGW: 145
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • Total weight loss: 81.2
    January Daily Goals: Week 1
    Fri: ✅ Sat: ✅ Sun: ✅ Mon: ✅
    Tue: ✅ Wed: ✅ Thu:
    1. Weight < 150: ✅6/7 (I weigh naked 😂 each morning after you know what. It helps me stay on track)
    2. Reduce Fat%: ✅ 29.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2[/s] 23.4
    3. Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.1
    4. Calories in the green ✅ 6/7
    5. Steps > 7500 ✅ 6/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅ 6/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily ✅ 5/7
    Positive intentions for yesterday ✅ Finally book my hearing and sight appointments. These should have been done last summer, but I never got around to making the appointments.
    Positive intentions for today :
    • Meditation ✅
    • Daily Yoga/tai chi practice
    • Outdoor walk
    • work on Hobbies room clear out
    • Daily Chores
    • Puzzles: Watch TV:
    • Ch 1'Travels with Charlie, John Steinbeck

Packed away all our Christmas decorations and lights in the attic.

Terri 🦄
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,057 Member
    Thursday

- Drink 4 waters
    - Log all food
    - Walk dog✔️
    - Take meds ✔️
    - clean inside of car?
  • Bex953172
    @mytime6630 Why was it a sad day for the USA yesterday? X
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Thursday 7 January

Wednesdays goals
    Log 😊
    Stay in the green 😊
    Water 😊
    5 fruit and veg 😊
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊
    Weigh 😊 trend ⬇️ 0.2kg lost in last 7 days.

Thursdays goals
    Log
    Stay in the green
    Water
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh 😊 trend ⬇️ 0.2 lost in the last 7 days

• damselfly7981
    damselfly7981 Posts: 110 Member
    Name: Marie
    Highest wt: 300
    Current wt: 230
    1st goal 2021: 224
    2nd goal 2021: 218

Word for 2021: Freedom

Phrase for the year: Stop watering dead plants!

1/6 JFT
    1. 5 min journal ✅
    2. meditate✅
    3. 30 min exercise - sore after chiropractor decided to just chill
    4. daily spiritual reading ✅

1/7 JFT
    1. 5 min journal
    2. meditate
    3. 30 min exercise
    4. daily spiritual reading
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    Great day on Wednesday

For Wednesday

- I'm grateful for another individual, a direct report. This gentlemen and I share a passion for self improvement resources. He turned me on to a Mathew McConaughey commencement speech at the University of Texas at Austin. Always thought of McConaughey as a flake but his message that each individual is accountable for their direction was solid. The big benefit to me was the start down the rabbit hole of YouTube resources.
    - 1900 calories: 1805
    - Each between 8 and 6: Done
    - Eat dinner at the table: Done
    - Work on Excel for 5 minutes:Done
    - Read at night versus scrolling news feeds: Continuing to make progress
    - Left out workout goal. Worked out for 77 minutes including a 39 minute, 1.51 mile treadmill walk. Still slower on the treadmill but getting better

For Thursday
    - I'm grateful for technology and in specific, a big one with MyFitnessPal. I remember my father using a pocket sized book to track calories and while I've never done WW's point system I can't believe either were, easy or accurate. I kept fitness journals through my 20's and 30's but it wasn't until I discovered MFP in 2013 that CICO became workable for me. Having an easy to use, mobile system that if I'm accurate in my logging provides a clear path to my goals is incredibly valuable.
    - 1900 calories:
    - Work out for 65 minutes:
    - Eat between 8 and 6:
    - Eat dinner at the table:
    - Work on Excel for 5 minutes:
    - Read at night versus scrolling news feeds:

• teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
    tay green❌
    Make dinner after work❌
    No beer❌
    No candy❌
    Zwift workout❌
    Pull ups✅
    Push-ups✅
    Get calendar for bill❌

Dang it! All was going as planned until about a hour before work days end.. work turned into a dumpster fire and spent two extra hours dealing with emergencies..,
    Guess yesterday’s goals are in the real view mirror.
    Today’s goal
    Stay green
    Make dinner after work
    No beer
    No candy
    Zwift workout
    Pull ups
    Push-ups
    Get calendar for bills
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 938 Member

JFT Wednesday 6th Jan

Log everything yes
    Stay in the green on the button, at last!
    Admin no, just lazy
    Post urgent letter yes, very icy

JFT Thursday 7th Jan

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Admin
    Clear snow off paths
    Smile and appreciate the day

Feeling more normal today, hopefully will be able to resume walking and back exercises in a few days.

Word for 2021 Strength

One day at a time. lose 20lbs in 2021
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 819 Member
    aerochic42 wrote: »
    January goals:
    -Weekly weighin
    - weekly measurements
    - 8k+ steps a day.
    - log regularly
    - brush before bed

JFT Wednesday:
    - Log food
    - 8000 steps
    - since I only did 3 rounds of that workout yesterday, let's try again for 5
    - brush before bed
    - mend the sheet

Yesterday was a bust. The only thing I accomplished of theses goals was to brush my teeth before bed. I had a horrible case of the munchies and didn't move around much.

So today do-over same goals as yesterday. I even logged breakfast already
  • mermaidnj
    mermaidnj Posts: 161 Member
    edited January 2021
    just for today ... food plan ! ...KISS 😘
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,294 Member
    JFT Wed

- Weigh in, down a pound 😄
    - Shower & do hair & makeup ✅ Feltgood to look pretty
    - Take youngest to Charleston to see a hematologist- nothing serious.✅ all good news
    - Try to be supportive and calm as she drives us there. Learners permit & first time on the interstate. Good grant us safety & serenity!✅ OMG e we almost died, literally, but hubby and I remained calm and she didn’t freak too badly.
    - brunch in Ripley. Make good choices.✅🍳
    - exercise 30 min ❌
    - Read Bible✅
    - Bed after news.✅

Have a great day y’all!

Yesterday was a good day with the exception of exercising. I spent way too much time in the car yesterday. My daughter was not ready for driving on the interstate, and we seriously almost wrecked, but it turned out okay. Her doc appointment went well.

My weight was low yesterday, but popped up a bit today. Today’s weight is more realistic, and not a reason to be upset, still under 190.

Goal JFT
    - Weigh, 189.6
    - Eat three meals.
    - One soda during the day, then water
    - Exercise 30 min
    - Read Bible
    - Bed by 11:30
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,719 Member
    JFT - Wednesday Jan 6
    Scale 198.6
    1L of water - :)
    Log all food - :)

JFT - Thursday Jan 7
    Scale 199.2
    1L of water
    Log all food

Scale is going in wrong direction, but that's what happens when you log and just keep adding to it. I'll get there eventually. I've done it before, I can do it again.

@Bex953172 - that sounds like a great day! I don't think that it's too political to put the reason why it was a sad day in the US yesterday, but Google US Capitol Jan 6 2021 and I'm sure you'll find it. I'm Canadian and feel sad for my US neighbours.

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Bex953172 wrote: »

Because our Democracy was hanging by a thread for most of the day. I never thought I would live to see something like that in the US. It is a disgrace. I've seen a coup up close when living overseas. Both of my grandmothers ended up in the US because they were fleeing dictatorships and barely got out with their lives. I am not a person who is easily triggered, but this was really distressing for me. I had an intense day at work and then spent the evening trying to figure out what happened during the day.

Let's hope today will be a calmer day.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member

WEDNESDAY:
    1. Do two mini-workouts :(
    2. At least 8C water :)
    3. Start meditation/mindfulness program :( will put it back on the list for the weekend
    4. Go to next town over to pick up grocery order :) fridge full of veggies!

THURSDAY:
    1. Eat breakfast
    2. Do two mini-workouts
    3. At least 8C water
    4. Do one self-care activity
    5. Try to get 6 hours sleep!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,185 Member

Did you watch the news? Protesters not believing in the election (per our current president), and they stormed into the capitol. One person was shot. Like @azulvioleta6 said .. it is something I never thought we would see in our country. Our president still claims the election was rigged, and that he won the election.. even though he lost by over 300,000 votes.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,185 Member
    WellingTX wrote: »
    Great day on Wednesday

- I'm grateful for another individual, a direct report. This gentlemen and I share a passion for self improvement resources. He turned me on to a Mathew McConaughey commencement speech at the University of Texas at Austin. Always thought of McConaughey as a flake but his message that each individual is accountable for their direction was solid. The big benefit to me was the start down the rabbit hole of YouTube resources.

Thanks for the suggestion ... I will have to look up this speech.

BTW -- you are doing great!!
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Wow! What a crazy holiday season! Boy, am I glad that's over!

@Bex953172 Thank you for giving me the kick in the butt that I needed to get back on here. And for telling me about the new thread bc I totally wouldn't have remembered. Lol

As for my story, I was a beanpole for most of my life. I didnt break 100lbs until my senior year of high school and I was 5'5". But then I met my husband Matt in 2012 and slowly started to put weight on. When I hit 25 my metabolism slowed down and it came on a bit faster. Then in 2016 we quit smoking and I mainlined sugar. Badly. And put on 50lbs in 6 months. I've been battling with it ever since. I lost some of it in 2018 when I went off my medication(I suffer from Bipolar) and then put it right back on when I went back on the meds. Right before the pandemic started my doctor increased one of my meds. Between that, being laid up from surgery, and then being quaratined for 6 months I put on another 25. I reached my highest weight in November at 213lbs. I put on 113lbs in 15 years. Maybe not shocking to most people but insane for me to think about. Lol.

But in November I decided to take control of my health and joined Noom. It's the paid weightloss program that's all over Youtube. It's psychology based as opposed to straight up health-based. It's been really helping me a lot. So that coupled with the new job that is incredibly labor intensive, I've lost 21 pounds since the middle of November. I'm down to 192. Woohoo! It's amazing. Dad even said that he can really see that I've lost the weight.

So that's my story!
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    So thanks to Matt's insurance I can now get free virtual psychiatry appts. I had my first one this morning and it was amazing! My new doctor is great! And has a hell of a resume. She was the director of Bellvue Mental Hospital at one point. Lol. Like, I'm really impressed. She was amazed that my GP had been prescribing me meds for 2 years. And at some of the dosages he had me on. So she's really happy that I'm seeing her instead of my GP for my medication managment. Lol. I actually cut myself back from one of my meds before starting to see her and I think that might have also helped me lose some weight. She's going to start switching some of my meds around so that when I get pregnant it'll be safer for the baby. Anyway, I'm really liking her! We have a follow up appt in 2 weeks to see how I'm doing. She's stepping me down off one of the meds so she wants to make sure that everything's going alright. And seeing as how they're all free I don't mind at all. Lol.

So that's the newest thing that's happened to me today. Lol. Onto some goals.

- work(register) 2-8
    - write 5k words
    - go through email
    - log all my food
    - dishwasher
    - washing machine/hang up clothes
    - mini goals
    - log weight
    - Noom articles

That's it for today I think.
  • Bex953172
    mytime6630 wrote: »

Did you watch the news? Protesters not believing in the election (per our current president), and they stormed into the capitol. One person was shot. Like @azulvioleta6 said .. it is something I never thought we would see in our country. Our president still claims the election was rigged, and that he won the election.. even though he lost by over 300,000 votes.

Yes sorry I read the news after I posted that this morning! I really dislike trump, he seems very toxic and acts like a big girl throwing a tantrum because he didn't win the election.
    Tbh I'm completely clueless when it comes to politics and all that and even more so when it comes to American politics because you have different rights to us, but I'm not sure why people voted him in in the first place and why people are still pro-trump, especially recently with him being convinced the elections rigged etc.

Our newspapers are basically saying that Trump basically incited them to storm the Capitol building, is that true?