Any alternatives guys...

Appreciate ❤

Replies

• autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Diet colas or sodas.
  • taglazar1
    taglazar1 Posts: 277 Member
    Hey, I actually got a soda stream and that has helped. You can just use some different additives like the little mio’s and such, just one example. You get the carbonation without all the extra sugar
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    What do you like about soft drinks?

If you like the bubbles, try flavored seltzer. There's roughly a million brands now. LaCroix still has the widest flavor assortment, but all of them taste like someone yelling the name of a fruit from the other room. They aren't bad, just don't pack as much of a flavor punch as some other brands do. Bubly is decently-flavored with also a considerable range. Polar is also pretty good, though their range is more limited. Their Orange Vanilla flavor is quite pleasant, as is their Cherry Lime.

It'll take some time, but eventually you'll retrain your palate.
  • durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 493 Member
    edited January 2021
    but all of them taste like someone yelling the name of a fruit from the other room.

Love this quote. Pretty funny...and accurate.
  • thisvickyruns
    thisvickyruns Posts: 193 Member
    Makkar86 wrote: »
    Trying hard but not able to control the cola's and the Soda's
    I guess they are the biggest culprit in my diet
    Any alternatives guys...

Appreciate ❤

diet soda and sparkling water?
  • _wild_phoenix_
    _wild_phoenix_ Posts: 31 Member
    edited January 2021
    Depending on your reason for soda there's plenty of options! For me soda was the strong flavor and bubbles. What I did was find water flavoring packets and use carbonated water and made my own mix. It definitely curbed the addiction with so many flavor options there should be something that will help.

I don't do it anymore since I found drink of choice that does the same but it is a bit healthier than that option.
  • doubleplay_643
    doubleplay_643 Posts: 152 Member
    I love Pepsi! I made myself a goal to only have 1 a week so every Friday I open a can and enjoy the burn down my throat. I have been doing this for about 2 months now. I have found that the drink tastes better than ever because it is something I look forward to and I am not used to the taste. It is also a treat again and not just a drink. I have lost a ton of weight since I have quit drinking it. On the other days I just mix flavoring into my water.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Coke Zero is my go-to!
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Flavoured Club Soda. Bubly
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    Sparkling water (also a sodastream fiend) and diet coke have been my friend.

I still have the odd Dr Pepper but found some Root Beer cordial that I can make a less calorific sweet drink with when the fancy takes me.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    coke zero...I also like diet crush and diet squirt...but I can hardly ever find them these days for some reason.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    coke zero...I also like diet crush and diet squirt...but I can hardly ever find them these days for some reason.

Maybe the names got them taken off the market :lol:

I don't think I could drink anything named squirt
  • kevchenk01
    kevchenk01 Posts: 24 Member
    Coke Zero is always in my fridge for when I need the sensation of a sugary drink, I also have Heineken zero when I need an alcohol substitute as I don’t drink. These two keep my sugar and alcohol drinks at bay. Sparkling water is also in my go to list.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member

It's the best...it's a grapefruit soda...I can find regular, just not diet.

0078000017160_CF_default_default_large.jpeg

Brings me back to my childhood days and hot summer days on the lake...same with a refreshing orange Crush...
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member

It's the best...it's a grapefruit soda...I can find regular, just not diet.

0078000017160_CF_default_default_large.jpeg

Brings me back to my childhood days and hot summer days on the lake...same with a refreshing orange Crush...

I love Squirt (and all things grapefruit). I don’t think I’ve ever seen Diet.