Inspiring Podcasts or AudioBooks for motivation?

Options
What are the best weight-loss and fitness podcasts that inspire you to push the limits to lose those last ten pounds? I am a huge Jillian Michaels junkie but I don't find her podcast helpful, too much chatter and off topic. Please drown me with your best hard hitting and quality advice laden podcasts and books!

Replies

• midsummer174627
    midsummer174627 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Half Size Me/Heather Robertson for sure. Between the 8 ish years of podcasts and all the YouTube videos, there's a LOT of content there so take what you like and leave the rest. I liked Jilliam Michaels podcast for a while but I felt like the first few years were best. I'm curious what people are listening to too.
  • TotalFitnessMindBodySoul
    Options
    yes to Half Size me! I also love the Hungry Girl podcast! She does grocery hauls from certain stores and rates them as she and her 2 cohosts taste test the items.
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it is available as an audiobook, but what has been a gamechanger for me more than a decade ago is "The Beck Diet solution" by Judith Beck.
  • midsummer174627
    midsummer174627 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I'm listening to Atomic Habits and it's really interesting so far.
  • dlintern88
    dlintern88 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love Jordan Syatts podcast. Pretty straight to the point & no fluff (how I like it haha). Have learnt a lot from him.
  • violetanderson39
    violetanderson39 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm a Mind Pump fan - They have a lot of discussion at the beginning but I like their question and answer section - very helpful information - especially if you incorporate any lifting into your routines.
  • la_nanita
    la_nanita Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I am currently listening to the Bulletproof Diet and loving all of the science and bio hacking. I already do bpc and I Will be implementing some of the things he is teaching. kfsqckpcm5a5.jpeg
  • Cora0477
    Cora0477 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the Half Size Me suggestion! I had heard the name before but had just assumed it was more for bigger people. I checked it out at your suggestion in this group and love it. She’s got such great positivity and such straightforward helpful insight.
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Just finished Atomic Habits. Really good!
  • Cora0477
    Cora0477 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    @TheresaM787 That was a great book!
  • anndeemarie
    anndeemarie Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Just saying- I added Half Size Me and Hungry Girl to my podcast and listened to so many of HSM that I lost track. I really liked her info, and I think she wise in her technique. I'm sold in really dialing in my tracking. I also like her allowance for weekend eating out, I changed my cal goals to reflect higher on Friday and Saturday since that's my real life, averaging out where it was originally. I think this will help me because I won't leave those days thinking I've "blown it" and drag my feet at getting back on track. Duh.
    Hungry Girl is fun too- I'd say more fluff, from the ones I listened to. I'm going to keep them on my regular list to keep me motivated.