3 years and 185lbs lost Total

Hi Guys, just wanted to post a story on here since I never have. I started my weightloss journey at 408lbs 3 years ago. I was able to get to 398 over a few months of stumbling my way through the process of trying to learn WHAT fit meant to me. I had never seen myself as not fit, but it was until my doctor kind of pissed me off that I decided to do something about it. In one of my last visits I was explaining to him about some aches and pains and he told me it had to do with my size. Then he said he was not going to attempt to move my stomach because "he didnt want to hurt his hands" I felt embarrassed...and pissed. That week I started my research on what eating changes could I make long term. Not just a diet that I could not maintain. I settled on Keto(more of a low carb diet). I decided not to work out for a few months as not to get overwhelmed with learning how to eat and workout. After 3 months I started to fumble my way around the gym.
After 3 months I had lost about 60 pounds and was excited. I had kept up the progress and got down to 222lbs until.....COVID. It flipped my world upside down. With food shortages, and work schedules being flipped I gained 58lbs back in 5 months. I was finally able to see my problem, make necessary changes, and get most of that back off. I am 8lbs from my prior low, but decided I want to 15lbs more on top of that. I guess with some committment and a plan that has hard deadlines anything is possible. Figured I would share and hopefully this can help other folks.6orey249es4j.png

Replies

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Well this is amazing! Thank you for sharing your inspiring story.
  • StephanieStC
    StephanieStC Posts: 59 Member
    Great job!!! You did something really wonderful for yourself!!!
  • 142jmh
    142jmh Posts: 82 Member
    Wow! You are amazing! Thank you for sharing, and congrats on all of your hard work and dedication!
  • This is wonderful!!
  • mananpatel549
    mananpatel549 Posts: 1 Member
    Awesome job, brother! Heres to a New Year of bigger gainz
  • ilyasozbal19
    ilyasozbal19 Posts: 7 Member
    Hell yea bro. Keep up the good work
  • etfan
    etfan Posts: 133 Member
    Very inspiring!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Wow.. what a story. Congratulations on your hard work and persistence paying off. Very inspiring 👏
  • decadude
    decadude Posts: 3 Member
    Good job dude! amazing transformation!
  • losemicaroline
    losemicaroline Posts: 742 Member
    Thanks for taking the time to share your story. You are an inspiration!
  • bionicrooster
    bionicrooster Posts: 353 Member
    your a rockstar man! great job!
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Congrats and best wishes for continued success!
  • claudianieves76
    claudianieves76 Posts: 3 Member
    Awesome!!! Such an inspiration thank you for sharing your story keep up the great work!
  • FABRICWOMAN
    FABRICWOMAN Posts: 539 Member
    Outstanding, and you did it by yourself. You are to be congratulated. You look like a different person. Feel good on how far you have come. Continue the journey with pride!!! Thank you for sharing.
  • mrspotatohands
    mrspotatohands Posts: 6 Member
    Absolutely amazing and inspiring! Way to go!
  • Changeling34
    Changeling34 Posts: 4 Member
    Really inspiring story, it highlights how easy it is to fall off the wagon again when you’ve already come so far. Well done though, I think you look much younger now your fitter as well.
  • MzMujera
    MzMujera Posts: 6 Member
    Awesome story~ thanks for sharing
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    wow what a difference, what did you start doing different, what made you gain, what made you lose, tell us how you did it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!