WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2021

Replies

• sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 929 Member
    Machka - Bill Bryson also makes me laugh out loud.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Bill Bryson's "A Walk In The Woods" made me laugh out loud a lot. I actually like listening to his audio versions because his intonations make it even funnier.
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited January 2021
    good things done today
    1.Followed up on insurance change (it's long). wrote that I am terminating my contract with one, and that I'm starting with another. still some follow up required. :#
    2. 2 little walks
    3. Took care of some worker's rights stuff-follow up- good follow up from other side

grateful today
    1. pillows and kitchen stuff arrived, pillows and gray cushion covers go pretty perfectly with painted sofa bed frame. kitchen stuff seems quite good.
    2. F. was extremely helpful today and made an offer to follow up
    3. Concierge is very helpful
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,553 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Another Getting to Know You question ...

What could you give a 40-minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation?

On what topic?

Machka in Oz

History of the novel in English. History of the English language.

Don't put a nickel in me regarding either one of these topics.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • OregonMother
    kymarai wrote: »
    I could give a talk on lawn equipment.
    What to look for when buying.
    How to maintain.

I need to have that lecture! Seriously.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR (But still in Washington state.)
  • sh0tzz99
    Good morning again
    Well got the news that they will have to do open heart surgery again so theres that

Oh Allie, Sending good vibes to you.

Tina
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,025 Member
    Tina I am with you because I taught for over twenty years I too am ready just to take time to paint, sing, and garden. I am in a gardening group that I will chime in if I feel I have something to add enough for me.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Yogi

Happy Birthday Sweet Boy! :)

Allie

I am so so sorry to hear about your latest news. Praying for you!

Carol in GA
  • OregonMother
    Good morning again
    Well got the news that they will have to do open heart surgery again so theres that

Good grief! I am glad you are getting the care you need, but I am sorry it has been so traumatic.

We are praying for you.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • OregonMother
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »

Nothing. I wouldn't want to stand in front of people and give a 40 minute talk on anything. Since I'm adult and I work for myself, I will never stand in front of people and talk again unless there is no other option and someone will die if I don't. :smiley:

Tina

So, on the list of things that make me laugh, are you all. I found this so delightfully funny. Chuckled out loud.

Love you guys.

Still in the great wet north
    Flea
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,311 Member
    Did Kathy Smith’s Lift Weights to Lose Weight DVD. No soup kitchen today – they’re closed. My guess is that they didn’t get enough volunteers. Technically, I could walk to Food Lion. Even tho it’s snowing, I could walk there. But to be honest, I really feel like I want a break from there. This week I worked Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

Oh, to have my grandmother’s babka, crusciki, and punchki (?sp on all of them). But, alas, I was a know-it-all kid who didn’t pay a lot of attention when she was making them and now I regret it. Just like I regret not learning crochet from her. I had to learn from a book.

Heather – Nelly is adorable. I’m sure she’ll bring your son lots of enjoyment. How old is she?

Tracey – I just hope when I’m your mother’s age that I will be enough of a terror at a home to go sneaking around. I know that incident didn’t sit well with you, but it was still a cute story. Thanks for the smile

Lisa – one time when Shadow (Jess’ cat) was staying here we couldn’t find her for love or money. We looked EVERYWHERE. Finally, we found her under the covers (which were in a heap since we had company). It was just so cute.

One of the straps on my bag that I take with me when I take food in the car on a trip broke. I was going to look for another bag at the Salvation Army but, I don’t know, I would just worry. So I had another large Pedigree bag that Vince got when he worked at Mars that I’m going to use for the food. Maybe I’ll find one at the SA to put my toiletries, etc. in that I take with me. See, I keep an extra set of things like deodorant, makeup, alcohol, etc. that I just grab for when we go away overnight. I can keep those in a bag from the SA.

Made salmon cakes that are in the refrigerator right now and I’ll fry them tomorrow. Fried turkey burgers for me and they are now in the freezer then made chocolate muffins for Vince. Guess that’ll mean that I’ll need to make icing. This afternoon I’m planning to make sweet potato muffins. Wish I had the pork tenderloin to make, but I still have to buy that. I WAS going to get it when I went to WalMart after the soup kitchen today. But there’s no soup kitchen. Oh well, I’ll probably go early tomorrow. I also need to pick up a prescription for Loki.

When I was making the turkey burgers, this time they REALLY splattered. I had it on low heat to fry.
    Heather – you do a lot of cooking, any idea why this happened?

Allie – oh dear, you’re tough, I know you’ll do well. Sending good thoughts

Pip – happy birthday Yogi

Tina – I’m with you, I wouldn’t want to give a talk about ANYTHING

Michele NC
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,389 Member
    💖
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Talking to Others
    The first time I got evaluated (teachers used to have have this done 3 times a year) I was terrified. I sat in my chair at the front of the room and couldn't move. Now, that is a very bad thing to do when you are being evaluated as they want you to be on your feet and moving around. In addition, I'm sure that I just stuttered through the whole episode. Thankfully, after so many years I got better. And, I even managed to speak to an audience of parents during occasions when I was the community leader for my team.

Carol in GA
  • judefit1
    judefit1 Posts: 400 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Another Getting to Know You question ...

What could you give a 40-minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation?

On what topic?

Machka in Oz

Design. I taught it for many years and could pretty easily ramble on about why good design makes our lives a little better.
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Good morning again

Oh goodness, sweetie, what's going on that they need to go back in? Sending up prayers and the biggest big hug.

Janetr OKC
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,128 Member
    edited January 2021
    Allie - So, so sorry you are having such a hard time. :# You must be soooooo fed up! Grrrrrr! Love you. <3

Michele - I haven't met Nelly yet. I'm not a doggy person and I am not entirely sure why they wanted to acquire a dog. I know they have had her on order for a long time. There weren't enough puppies in the summer for them to have one, so it was moved to Christmas. Max has been reading loads of books on care and training of dogs and they will be going to classes. All I know is that it hugely changes your life and the freedom you have to travel, go out etc.
    She does look very sweet, I must admit. She will probably steal my heart. ;)
    I don't know why your burgers splattered. Something to do with the amount of water in the meat I guess.

DH cooked our dinner tonight. It's a very special Lancashire Hotpot recipe which we saw on the TV, cooked by the Hairy Bikers. We love it. Along with the lamb they put in some black pudding (blood pudding) and lambs' kidneys. Heaven. We have enough left for tomorrow. It probably sounds absolutely disgusting to most of you.

Managed 400 bonus calories this afternoon. Just enough for the Hotpot. :D

Tina - you made me laugh so much that I read it out to DH. :p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • sh0tzz99
    I'm glad I could make some of you laugh.

Tina