Women 200lb+, Let's Make It Count This January!!!

Replies

• KMC55
    KMC55 Posts: 100 Member
    I just have those days where I want to eat everything in sight I know it’s something I need to learn to control but it gets very hard at times so I want to start this new year positive and motivated

I know how you feel. Some days are a breeze, other days are a nightmare. You are not alone with being shy about talking about your weight. Who are you really suppose to discuss it with?? I have found this group to be amazing to open up and discuss all those secret fears and worries and frustrations. It truely is so helpful and the other members are amazing. Good wishes to you and know we are here for you.
  • VickyEltonGreen
    VickyEltonGreen Posts: 116 Member
    KCM55 can so relate to your post. Back to work on Monday and although am working remotely from home I find myself having to ensure I take time to stretch and eat too. But I found myself emotionally eating last night and ate over 600 more calories.

One thing I am so grateful is that I am now able to not be "all or nothing" and to normalize that this will happened but press reset again.Even though needed to log it down and may see it on weigh in day tomorrow , it truly is the long game ... one day at a time.
  • TabulaRasaElisa
    TabulaRasaElisa Posts: 7 Member
    avyy2485 wrote: Β»
    Hello! It's probably my 4th time reinstalling MFP app and I'm really wanting to stick around this time.

I have gained about 25 pounds during covid. My life has gotten very sedentary since I was laid off in June from a job that I absolutely loved (company sold). I've taken regular afternoon naps and have binged watched alot of TV while laying and eating snacks on the couch during the 2nd half of 2020.

I've done good this week so far by recording my food in the diary and watching my calorie intake. But I still cannot find the motivation to get my butt off the couch! I think to myself, "hey go for a walk today" but I just don't go through with it. I'm hoping to get a little nudging through here!

Start weight 1/1/21: 251
    Goal Weight for January: 240
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 200

Please add me as a friend, thanks!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Have a wonderful day! I also find it hard to get up and out, even though I actually love walking/hiking; I've become quite sedentary. Are any shops in walking distance? I started to walk to the shops instead of using a car, it does work at least some days. If you need a 'virtual' walking buddy, feel free to add me.
  • Angief05
    Angief05 Posts: 102 Member
    Well, it's been almost a week now and I can already feel the bloating/water retention leaving, my feet and hands aren't as puffy as they were. So that is a step in right direction for me.
    I haven't started workout regime this week I wanted to give myself a week or so to get my nutrition on right track and logging it, also getting my water intake in. Next step now will be working out, I plan to start that Monday.
    Hope everyone is doing well with all the craziness going on in the world. We have a few more covid cases in our area as of yesterday, so I am being even more cautious of where I go, which honestly isn't far. I go to work and back that's it, and 1 every 2 weeks go into town for groceries.
    Stay safe and healthy!
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    @pamiede - oh jeez, I hope you're okay!

@AlexandraFindsHerself1971 - see, this is why I just don't wear jeans anymore, LOL. But, it's good that you're being kind to yourself during these tumultuous times.

@Candyn617 - great progress, love to see all those check marks!
  • ojade9800
    ojade9800 Posts: 14 Member
    @KMC55 I can relate to this, day to day life can get stressful and sometimes overwhelming. Remember youre a strong woman, and you can get through anything.
    Sometimes what works best for me is to focus on one thing at a time and put first what is most important. So focus on the most important thing, for me, diet, second is exercise, and so on and so on. For other people its different, some people like to write down reminders. Find what helps you best and go from there.
    If you find yourself getting stressed, take a bit of time for yourself, whether it be reading a book or going for a walk or listening to music. once youve taken a bit of time get back to your task and look at how proud youll be remember you dont have to rush through things.
    I hope this helps and im sure the ladies on here are always here to offer support and have an open ear :)
  • avyy2485
    avyy2485 Posts: 5 Member
    @KMC55 I completely understand the stress of life! Please feel free to vent and share your stories anytime, it takes a HUGE weight off your shoulders! ❀
  • avyy2485
    avyy2485 Posts: 5 Member
    Here's my Friday check in:

Start weight 1/1/21: 251
    Goal Weight for January: 240
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 200

1/8: 248

@goal06082021 @TabulaRasaElisa Thank you for the bday wishes!

I was supposed to have a lazy day in bed but actually got bored of it, so I took a brisk 20 min walk around my neighborhood. There's no shops within walking distance but I may drive out to the mall next week and walk around. Trying to slow down on my spending habit, so that'll be a tough task for me lol.
  • LisaGetsMoving
    LisaGetsMoving Posts: 664 Member
    Friday check in:
    SW: 12/31/20 224
    CW: 1/8/21 219.6 [-4.4]
    -Lost 2-1/2 inches off my waist, which I think was almost all bloat from sugar, lactose & wheat
    -Walked daily and yesterday reached my first non-scale goal of walking 60+ minutes

I managed to ignore the little monster voice in my head each night after dinner, the one that whispers in my ear telling me I'm hungry when I'm not, or that just a tiny bit of ice cream or that one cookie wouldn't hurt my progress. I am trying to stick to eating all my foods within a 8 or 9 hour window and that seems to be working fairly well. I haven't felt much real hunger, but even if I do I think it's OK because real hunger is a normal thing (as opposed to fake hunger which arises from boredom or stress). Right now, this little monster voice is perhaps my worst problem in regards to my fitness goals. It is not my friend. I have been watching Cobra Kai on Netflix, having missed the first two seasons because I didn't know it was any good. This week I decided to visualize me karate kicking the little monster voice in order to shut it up. It helps for a minute and keeps me amused.
  • VickyEltonGreen
    VickyEltonGreen Posts: 116 Member
    Great job everyone, regardless of the highs and the lows we all made it to the end of the week. One thing for sure, we are not exactly were we were one week ago week. Whether physical weight or emotional insight we have all either lost or gain and have succeeded in making it through! Brave to us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • MaxCat1000
    MaxCat1000 Posts: 40 Member
    Height: 5'2"
    Highest: 350 (approx. 2013)
    SW: 274 (Sept. 30/20)
    GW: 180 (Mar. 31/22)
    This month:
    Jan 1: 259.0
    Jan 8: 252.8, DAC: 1812
    Jan 15:
    Jan 22:
    Jan 29:
    January Goals:
    Weight: 250
    Daily Average Calories: <1750 - same as last month because December is hard!

I see a lot of us weigh in on Friday, and I also notice there are a lot of us around the same weight, 245-255, right now. And from your comments, we are, of course, struggling with a lot of the same things. My loss this week, like others, is from having eaten way too much salty stuff over Christmas, and now the water retention is going - yay.
    So the last time I recorded my weight here before Jan 1, I was 254.6 on Dec 22, about two and a half weeks ago. So I am glad to see I have lost just under a pound a week since then. That is very heartening! Also to see that I managed to get my daily average calories almost down to 1800 - it was looking real bad at the beginning of the week with two days well over 2000.

I totally relate to the desire to dig into the snack stuff, but now I have gotten it all out of my house - okay, I ate it all! - I just have to steel myself to walk on by it all in the grocery store.