400 Lbs. to 185 Lbs at 6'1"

todddmason
todddmason Posts: 2 Member
edited January 2021 in Success Stories
The first pic was about 15-16 years ago. I didn't want to step on a scale but am guessing I was at about 400+. By about 9 years ago I had got down to 235 with better diet and exercise thinking that was about as low as I could go but still being sore a lot of the time.

2 years ago I got married to a very supportive, encouraging woman who believes in me and wants me to be what I want to be - lean and healthy. The second and third pics show me at age 61 staying between 180-185 and feeling the healthiest I have ever been in my entire life. (3rd Pic is from just a couple months ago with new ink.)

I'm very fortunate to be able to exercise every single day between 90-150 minutes, including weight training, Concept 2 Rowing and Indoor and outdoor bicycling. And I count every calorie that goes in my body with a huge emphasis on protein over carb intake.

I just wanted to share so this may encourage anyone who thinks they are so far gone that it is hopeless. It's NOT. I'm living proof of that.

bdhzrk7xfyw0.jpg
a1hei41h81vq.jpg

rzti72ps6236.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!