TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (January)

Replies

• brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    JMTiv1979 wrote: »
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    Hi all! I have my weigh in set for tomorrow. I was excited because I stuck to my plan, hit all my steps goals and then I woke up exhausted and feel like trash today. Send along those skinny vibes. I might need them because all I want to do it stick my face in a bowl of Cheez-its 🤞🤞🤞

@JMTiv1979
    I had to quit buying cheez it's. I was offered a bag of cheezits the other day and I have been craving them since. But I just look straight ahead when walking by them. Good luck. You can do this. You have had a great week.

I somehow skipped the Cheez-its but had peanut butter filled pretzels instead. For some reason, I can stop myself at 1 serving of pretzels but I cannot control the amount of Cheez its. I had to quit eating regular peanut butter - cold turkey. It's such a trigger food and I eat it by the spoonful.

Ohh the peanut butter. I have been able to resist lately. But I have had a terrible habit of eating spoonfuls when I am having sleepless nights.
  • brandi_84
    cozydonuts wrote: »
    1/8/2021
    LW: 149
    CW: 149.1
    I haven’t really gotten out of bed since or out of the house since 1/1 so I’m a little worried some of that no change is muscle loss. I’m getting back outside today for a walk. Talked to my endocrinologist About recent lab work and I’m still vitamin d deficient. She’s doubled my vitamins and lowered my thyroid meds so hopefully some those symptoms like never ending hunger and muscle weakness will go away. I have high hopes for next weeks weigh in. It’s really important for me to stay on top of that stuff because it can really affect my weight.

@cozydonuts I hope the changes will help you feel better. Vitamin D is so easy to get low on. Getting out in the sun should help too. I'm also sorry about the break up.
  • brandi_84
    I had a death in my family and I didn't exercise Wednesday and Thursday and my food choices were not good. Today I did exercise and I'm under, but my food choices were chocolate, coffee, chocolate covered granola bars (weakness) and some popcorn. Today I made myself exercise because it's healthy for me and my goals are important. I'm hoping for a better day tomorrow all around.

@RoseyandReady
    I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I hope your weekend will be better. Good for you for taking care if yourself and getting the exercise in. Especially at a time where the excuse would have been so easy.
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,380 Member
    I had a death in my family and I didn't exercise Wednesday and Thursday and my food choices were not good. Today I did exercise and I'm under, but my food choices were chocolate, coffee, chocolate covered granola bars (weakness) and some popcorn. Today I made myself exercise because it's healthy for me and my goals are important. I'm hoping for a better day tomorrow all around.

@RoseyandReady I am sorry to hear that. Taking a few days off is totally understandable and acceptable. Hoping you feel up to exercising and focusing on your goals today. Sending hugs.
  • DaffyGirl88
    cozydonuts wrote: »
    1/8/2021
    LW: 149
    CW: 149.1
    I haven’t really gotten out of bed since or out of the house since 1/1 so I’m a little worried some of that no change is muscle loss. I’m getting back outside today for a walk. Talked to my endocrinologist About recent lab work and I’m still vitamin d deficient. She’s doubled my vitamins and lowered my thyroid meds so hopefully some those symptoms like never ending hunger and muscle weakness will go away. I have high hopes for next weeks weigh in. It’s really important for me to stay on top of that stuff because it can really affect my weight.

@cozydonuts I hope you're feeling better today and can go for even a short walk. More to clear out the cobwebs than anything else. I always feel better after, even if I had to be dragged out the door. 😊

I too am vitamin D deficient. I can't rely on sunshine, even if the rays could get through the atmosphere they'd be blocked by my layers of jackets, hat, scarf and mittens. 😂😂
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member

@RoseyandReady I am sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you *hugs*
  • DaffyGirl88
    Friday 8 Jan
    Track: yes
    Under: noooooooo
    Exercise: yes, strength day

Steps: 4216
    Water: 68 oz

Two things. First, clearly I need to force myself to get outside regardless of what the temperature is. It's weird because I grew up in Buffalo ❄️❄️❄️, and spent ten years in New England (CT, MA & ME) and had no problem walking year round.

Second, we decided to try another meal service and last night's dinner was 652 calories and 54 grams of carbs. 😯😯😯 I need to do a better job of investigating the next week's meals. 😕

Have a great weekend everyone!

• rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    Date: 1/8/21
    Week 1, Day 6
    Logged: yes
    stayed under: no
    Exercise: yes
    Water: 3 cups
  • JMTiv1979
    JMTiv1979 Posts: 63 Member
    JMTiv1979
    Sat 1/9/21
    PW: 185
    CW:183.4
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,872 Member
    edited January 2021
    Good morning TBBT! Today is the official start of our 2021 Challenge!
    What are some small changes you are making (or planning to make) to make yourself more successful this year?
    I measured myself yesterday and plan to do it every month. You gave me a little push with this thoughtful question, Christine! Thank you!
  • cmhubbard92
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    What are some small changes you are making (or planning to make) to make yourself more successful this year?
    I measured myself yesterday and plan to do it every month. You gave me a little push with this thoughtful question, Christine! Thank you!

@Krysless2 you're welcome! I am hoping for a lot of success for all on our team this month!
  • richmondwriter
    richmondwriter Posts: 683 Member
    Krysless2 wrote: »

I am doing the same...I never measured myself last year. A wake up call, but it's good to have a starting point and something to improve upon.
  • cmhubbard92
    JMTiv1979
    Sat 1/9/21
    PW: 185
    CW:183.4

@JMTiv79 fabulous loss!
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    @RoseyandReady i am very sorry to hear that terrible news
  • erikNJ
    Mini Challenge 1/
    tracked: yes
    under: yes
    active: no

Sun: y/n/n
    Mon: y/y/y
    Tue: y/y/y
    Wed: y/y/n
    Thu: y/y/y
    Fri: y/y/y
  • cmhubbard92
    erikNJ wrote: »
    Mini Challenge 1/
    tracked: yes
    under: yes
    active: no

Sun: y/n/n
    Mon: y/y/y
    Tue: y/y/y
    Wed: y/y/n
    Thu: y/y/y
    Fri: y/y/y

@erikNJ great work this week and an awesome loss!
  • erikNJ
    Thanks @cmhubbard92

To end this week, today will be my rest day and my one earned(cheat?) meal of the week.
    But I do have all of my food bought for next week and meals planned out starting with Sunday.
    Enjoy your weekend everybody!
  • Robandy12345
    Robandy12345 Posts: 265 Member
    1-8
    Starting weight 232
    Current weight 230
    Loss of 2
    Logged 5 of 7
    Exercise made target (15,000 steps) 4 of 7
    Starting chest measurement 44.75
    Starting waist measurement 44.75
This discussion has been closed.