New

Hello everyone! I need new friends to help challenge myself! Hope everyone is ready for the new year!

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,162 Member
    Welcome to MFP!

There are for sure folks here to help support your goals. What are your goals? What kind of challenges are you looking to enter into?

I will make a shameless plug for a group I'm involved with that has a whole bunch of supportive people as well as some fun weekly and ongoing little challenges that are all voluntary and optional. Just a fun way to help make progress towards whatever your goals are. Check out the Lose 1 Pound a Week and Keep it Off group if you like.

Tell them "Sparkle" sent you.
  • RomBomMFP
    RomBomMFP Posts: 42 Member
    I added ya
  • smdrew6814
    smdrew6814 Posts: 4 Member
    edited January 2021
    So my goal is to get lose about 80 lbs. i really need something that is going to want me to do this. I’ve tried the eating healthy and working out but I always seem to fall off the grid and I am back where I started if not further behind. I am working on losing weight to help make myself a happier person with who I am.

I need challenges that are going to push me and give me something to look forward too. I love trying new things and making great friends.
  • mtaratoot
    I'm not sure what "eating healthy" means.

If you want to lose weight, you have to eat fewer calories than you expend. You've found a great tool; MFP can help you track your calorie intake and expenditure. It's a life-long journey, and it won't always be something new. But it's totally attainable.

The other thing to own is that really only YOU can motivate yourself to make the changes you want to make. Others can help nudge you in the right direction, but it's you that has to make it happen.

How do you plan to use MFP to achieve your goal?

Some time in the next year or two you'll also have to start thinking about how you will maintain the goal. The good thing is that if you approach attaining your goal in a healthy way, maintaining it will be easier.

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    Welcome to MFP!

There are for sure folks here to help support your goals. What are your goals? What kind of challenges are you looking to enter into?

I will make a shameless plug for a group I'm involved with that has a whole bunch of supportive people as well as some fun weekly and ongoing little challenges that are all voluntary and optional. Just a fun way to help make progress towards whatever your goals are. Check out the Lose 1 Pound a Week and Keep it Off group if you like.

Tell them "Sparkle" sent you.

It came up that MFP is currently "broken," and you aren't able to join the group on your own.

If you want to join, post a message here, and I'll make sure you get an invitation. Then you just have to accept the invitation. I hope they fix this issue soon.
  • jessienani
    jessienani Posts: 60 Member
    Hey! Let’s connect and be friends/accountability partners.

I’m new here. Trying to crush some major goals. And looking for find likeminded people! :)
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Happy New Year!