WeightNoMore - January 2021 Team Chat

Replies

• goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Weigh in for going ape
    Last weeks weight - 148.4
    This week weight - 145.6
    Loss of 2.8

Back to my pre Christmas mfp weight. So will hopefully be posting a loss sometime soon. Classes are back on but finding my choices are more toning than cardio so my heart rate is not getting up there as much. I will keep trying to get it up there.

I picked up an air fryer today. I’m excited to try it out. I bought my husband a soda stream for Christmas and it’s being used lots. Kids love it. I bought some zero cal flavourings so I’m making my own Perrier now!

@sleepymom5 so sorry to hear of the illness. I hope your family member is better soon. Take care.

@freeglerock awesome to have you as the new motivator!
  • kos33
    kos33 Posts: 31 Member
    Kos33
    PW 166.2
    CW 167.2
    1st week of lockdown pound - LOL
  • podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Hi all,

Hope you're all having a good first week of the New Year :)

@GingerPwr - sorry to see you go, you've always been so supportive and inspiring to all of us, but obvs real life has to come first! Hope you still drop in and say hi though x
    @BlueSkyNomad - welcome, always nice to have another in the UK timezone :) I think consistency is a great goal - one I prob should be aiming for as well lol.
    @sleepymom5 - really hope Jim's brother is doing better x
    @callsitlikeiseeit - your doggy in your profile pic is just adorable!! <3 Chinese food always screws me up as well, too much salt I think - why does it have to be so yummy??
    @Freeglerock - I'm struggling with the evening snacking as well, think it's leftover from the holidays mentality :( Yay on becoming our new Team Motivator (well getting an official title anyway, I feel there was motivation going on beforehand lol)
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx - just for today is a great mentality, think may have to adopt that, sometimes the 'end goal' is def intimidating. Hope you have a lovely birthday and enjoy your cake x
    @cyndiesstuff - great streak! Hope Mack's vet visit goes ok, it's tough when they get to that age and it seems like it's one thing after another :(
    @Zumba_Luvah - hang in there, I'm trying to 'relose' the same pounds again and it is frustrating :(
    @goingape - great loss! I'm also trying to reach my 'pre Xmas' weight lol, will get there eventually.

So, it's been an ok week. Have def been suffering from the late night snacking impulses so really need to get that under control. Have been making better meals though (got a healthy grocery shop in) and started back on my online fitness classes this week. We're back in stricter lockdown here in the UK so was feeling quite stressed about work insisting I still go into the office, but we have compromised on 1 day a week in person and the rest working from home, so feeling a little better about that. Goals for this week:
    Make sure I stick with the tracking, have been really slacking with it lately
    Back onto my cardio schedule
    Stop/cut right down on the snacking
    Try and get my sleep schedule back on track - has been terrible this week and always makes a big difference to my hunger pangs and my weight loss

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    podperson1 wrote: »
    @callsitlikeiseeit - your doggy in your profile pic is just adorable!! <3 Chinese food always screws me up as well, too much salt I think - why does it have to be so yummy??

So, it's been an ok week. Have def been suffering from the late night snacking impulses so really need to get that under control. Have been making better meals though (got a healthy grocery shop in) and started back on my online fitness classes this week. We're back in stricter lockdown here in the UK so was feeling quite stressed about work insisting I still go into the office, but we have compromised on 1 day a week in person and the rest working from home, so feeling a little better about that. Goals for this week:
    Make sure I stick with the tracking, have been really slacking with it lately
    Back onto my cardio schedule
    Stop/cut right down on the snacking
    Try and get my sleep schedule back on track - has been terrible this week and always makes a big difference to my hunger pangs and my weight loss

Thanks! Holly is one of our guardians, we have a small farm. She and her brother hagrid are great Pyrenees that guard our livestock.

Speaking of sleep, I was up all night (quite literally) with a goat in labor. She had twins at 5am. I never went to bed. and I've eaten all the things today trying to wake myself up, when I Should have just .... gone to bed when hubby got up LMAO

one of those days LOL
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    Thank you for the kind words. I do my best (diet/health/weight-wise) when participating with this team (the support, encouragement, tips and tricks really makes the difference), so to be honest I am being a little self in become a motivator! I want to lend Ashley a hand in keeping track of what is going on, but also make sure I join in (I am naturally a lurker!) For my own benefit :)

@xX_PheonixRising_Xx Happy Birthday! Hope you had a fabulous day!
    @sleepymom5 Sending you and your family positive thoughts and my best wishes. Hope Jim's brother gets better quickly. xxx
    @cyndiesstuff At the moment it does not need to be a weekend for me to successfully sabotage any good/healthy eating I have done! Though what I am currently trying to do is to earn my treats, I.e. this evening I have had some prosecco - however, I earned most of those calories from 2hr walking this afternoon. I plan to stop these "treats", but still having things in the house from Xmas is making it difficult! So, to counterbalance it, I have to exercise for it first! Hope your vet appointment has gone ok, it is horrible when your pet is in pain. xx
    @goingape Yay to being pre-xmas weight! Let us know what you do with your air-fryer as I need inspiration. I have an acti-fry but only use it for potatoes! Was thinking a different air-fryer may be more versatile.
    @podperson1 Evening snacking is just so frustrating - you spend all day making the best choices then evening comes, your tired and food just finds its way into your stomach! Not sure how to get myself out of this cycle (would prefer not to have the more tempting good in the house but my partner has a major sweet tooth and no inclination to stop feeding it). Thinking I may try telling myself I am doing a 14hr fast, and have 8pm to 10am as my not earing window, and maybe pressing "go" on an app to time the fast may help set my head to a "no eat zone"?!?! Though, I still have wine in the wine fridge, so may not start this until thats all gone :)
    @callsitlikeiseeit wow, never heard hthat excuse for not having got to bed! Hope mother and babies are doing well!

• melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,290 Member
    @Freeglerock Yay! Another Motivator.
    @sleepymom5 Sorry to hear about your BIL. Hope he comes through all right. My cousin's 17 year old daughter is also in ICU on a ventilator...she's had a tough road and I'm hoping she'll pull through.
    @callsitlikeiseeit My grandparents raised goats. I was never there for the whole birthing...but that is work. And it will continue it be work. Kids can be a handful. Chinese is dangerous for me for two reasons: my weight goes up at least 5 lbs for 2-4 days and MSG, which is bad news for me. The weight will come down.

Finally made it to the lights festival...walked about 75 minutes including a spiral stair all the way up a silo.
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 945 Member
    Week 1
    Previous weight: 150.0
    Current weight: 150.0
    Loss to date: 27.4

I was up to 152 the other day so am happy with the maintain. I wasn’t feeling well for a few days and think the Tylenol caused my digestion to slow right down.

Onward.
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    14 days on plan and on track. it was a good day yesterday. I was able to practice sitting with urges and no giving into them. they we strong yesterday but I was stronger. the vet visit was sad. macks legs and hips have arthritis. he could have cancer, but I am not going to pay for the test. he does not have diabetes. but he is in the early stages of kidney disease. he is on his way out. my job, as his best friend, is to make him as comfortable as I can to the end. it could be fast, it could be slow. the vet does not know. and guess what? I did not eat thru it. I felt my feelings and sat with with urges to eat to feel better. I was not made at myself for constantly thinking of food yesterday. that is a well conditioned habit I have built up over years. I am learning new ways to cope. I took a walk. I meditated. I cried. but I did not over eat. yay me.

today is meal plan and grocery shop for the week. I like to make all the food decisions in advance so there is no room for indecision.

this weeks goals:
    leave bites behind 2 meals a day
    read 3 more chapters in atomic habits
    drink at least 64 oz of water a day
    get in at least 7k steps
    Continue to build consistency so it becomes habit

It is going to be a great week!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    @callsitlikeiseeit wow, never heard hthat excuse for not having got to bed! Hope mother and babies are doing well!

They are doing well! And I am much better after a good nights sleep! LOL
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,193 Member
    Week 1
    PW 124
    CW 123
    Steps
    Sun -13,701
    Mon -4,735
    Tue - 7.947
    Wed - 10,292
    Th -3,646
    Fri -3,977
    Sat - 9,514

Slightly less steps due to snow and ice
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 425 Member
    Debbie Sharpe
    MFP starting weight - 173
    Previous weight 131.2
    Current weight 129.8

Sunday – 12,032
    Monday –13,179
    Tuesday – 14,873
    Wednesday – 17,013
    Thursday –14,328
    Friday –18,603
    Saturday –16,225

I am happy to see that I did better this week. Still having a hard time getting myself back into diet mode, been doing maintenance for years. I blew it this year! I was OK, even through Covid until I hit the holidays or should I say the holidays hit me. I was depressed, bored and lost total control. I am back, I am back, I am back--trying to convince myself that I can get back to my magic number. My new goal (this morning as I am writing this) is to be at or below it by Valentine's Day! I need to quit putting on sweatpants everyday and put on slacks with a zipper. I think they tend to keep you honest!

My plan for this week, I started today:
    1. while coffee is brewing I did 10 minutes of arm weights
    2. put a juice glass beside the sink-each time I go on a hunt for a snack I will drink that glass of water first
    3. I found some silver sneakers (videos for us old folks) strength videos which I really like-at least 30 minutes a day
    4. walking 10,000 or more steps per day. I found some videos that you get 5,000 steps-if raining or cold again this week I will do the videos
    5. 1/2 sandwich at lunch instead of the whole sandwich- not really hungry but end up eating it just because it was on my plate
    6. Use a salad plate for my evening meal! Believe it or not, that was a mind trick I used when I was dieting
    7. planned 10 am and 3 pm snacks! fruit or cheese or even a SMALL piece of dark chocolate.

That is enough for this week, maybe someone reading this can get an idea or two.
    .................................WE WILL KEEP ON KEEPING ON...........................................

1cebocqv1zan.png

• callsitlikeiseeit
    My weekly weigh in will be Wednesday this week instead of Friday. Why? Because my 43rd birthday is on Thursday and the one TRUE indulgence I allow myself in no limited quantity is the birthday cake I make myself. So I expect Wednesday (when I make said cake) and Thursday will not be kind to my calories. I do only allow myself 2 days of cake and since I am going out shopping all day (and lunch!) with my bestie on Thursday, cake must be made Wednesday. That makes Wednesday and Thursday CAKE DAY!!! As of Friday, hubby and son will be given orders to rapidly devour whatever is left so it is no longer in the house LOLOL
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    My steps for the week:
    Sun - 10,881
    Mon - 7,383
    Tue - 8,104
    Wed - 7,602
    Thu - 15,285
    Fri - 9,091
    Sat - 12,479
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    Rachelrjh
    SW: 198 lbs. Christmas 2020
    PW: 193 lbs. (last Sunday)
    CW: 192 lbs. week 2 Jan. 10, 2021

I’m averaging a loss of three pounds a week. I’ll take it! For the rest of the month of January, I’ve decided to try the 16:8 intermittent fasting five days a week and semi-keto diet. Plus I joined a gym class with workouts three days a week.

The biggest thing that’s helped me though is changing my weight loss goals in my apps. I’ve set them all to a more easily attainable goal of 180 pounds. Once I reach it, I’ll reset the goal. Having a goal of losing fifty pounds seems really far off and is daunting to me, whereas losing 15-20 pounds seems possible and not so far off.
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 425 Member
    @rachelrjh

The biggest thing that’s helped me though is changing my weight loss goals in my apps. I’ve set them all to a more easily attainable goal of 180 pounds. Once I reach it, I’ll reset the goal. Having a goal of losing fifty pounds seems really far off and is daunting to me, whereas losing 15-20 pounds seems possible and not so far off.[/quote]

you have a great plan! I love your positive attitude

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember that even if your team doesn’t rank the highest in weight loss for the week you can still be the Green Percentage winner by having the most losses in your team! So keep it up!! B)

Wayyyyy to go on having a great week!! Keep up the good work and let's crush next week!! B)

qov0yi3qrwcy.png
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,053 Member
    Steps...

Sun- 8,613
    Mon- 14,127
    Tues- 13,357
    Wed- 16,154
    Thurs- 3,992
    Fri- 5,546
    Sat- 5,097
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 570 Member
    @cyndiesstuff You're back!! I've missed you SO much!! 🥰 I was sad to see that you left and I haven't been here in a few weeks even though I still use the app, haven't checked in the group here for a while so I didn't know you were back til now! 😁

User ID: CassieGetsFit2013
    Week Number: Week 2
    Previous weight: 212.6
    Current weight: 217

(I believe last week, I was 216 and I didn't enter it so I went up 1lb.)

I've been having a big problem with sweets for a month or 2, gotta kick them to the curb! Oh also, my Fitbit Charge 2 broke after like 3 years of use so my Bday is coming up and I used my Christmas gift card for Amazon and then my Sis and Mom made up the difference for my new Fitbit Versa 2! It got here yesterday and I spent hours trying to set it all up, lol. It's been confirmed by my Psychologist that I have a difficult time with comprehending things, so I did ask my Sis for help a few times and then things wouldn't work properly, but luckily before bed, I got everything to work! I'm sure it'll take some time learning about all the features, but glad that I have it! Went a few weeks without anything on my wrist and thst felt wrong! Lol. Every day, I keep trying to have DAY 1 for staying on track, so today I'm going for that again and hope I can count it as DAY 1! OH, my Sister just joined MFP and I've always wanted her and Mom to join me, so at least my Sister did so far and I hope we can do more together and motivate each other to do good!

The left side of my back is hurting pretty bad at the moment. Last night, my left leg was hurting SO bad, I couldn't sleep. My foot had a lot of throbbing pain in it, my knee was tightening and burning and it just over-all was so painful. I haven't started PT, (I really hope PT will help with my legs. My Dr. Said if it didn't, we would look into pain management an possible injections. I guess she doesn't want to consider opioids because of my history with over taking and abusing pills) yet since my MRI showed that I have moderate degenerative disc disease. I do have a telehealth appointment with my Dr. Tomorrow since I skipped my in person appointment with her on the 6th, I guess she wants to go over the MRI with me. I know having DDD, can cause pain in your legs and what not, but just wondering if all of my leg pain and weakness is from the DDD or could I have something else wrong with my legs. 🤔 (Sorry that I'm all over the place, trying to think of everything I had going on recently. I feel like I'm leaving something out, but I guess this is good for now. I'm hoping to be moved back to the actual team in February, since I've been on the sidelines for a while now!)
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    So to be accountable I had a little chocolate binge. TOM gets me sometimes. I logged it and I hope I am done now. I know my sugar drops at times during my TOM. It doesn’t explain the insane amount I crave chocolate. It’s like I don’t even want food. Chocolate is the only thing that I feel like eating. But anyway that’s how it goes sometimes. Everybody has bad days. So I had two Hershey bars and I dipped them in peanut butter and a handful of chocolate chips. Also I ate cocoa almonds for breakfast today 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️. Tomorrow Will be better. Back to it.
This discussion has been closed.