40+ Friends Starting Fresh 2021

Replies

• 2furryfriendz
    2furryfriendz Posts: 283 Member
    Hi! I'm 46 and I have about 40lbs to lose. My downfall is I love baking and cooking. With my husband and I in the household, someone's' got to eat it and I only make one size. LOL! So portion control is an issue with me.

I am dedicated to lose this weight and make 2021 my year to get healthy and fit. I am here to ask for support from others going through the same thing. Cheers to all and lets do this!
    Feel free to add me.
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,406 Member
    41 soon to be 42 ! Need to lose 60lbs or more!

@SunnyBunBun79 This is me too. 😊 Down 20+ and have 60+ or so until goal. I'll send a FR.

• Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    AlohaPdx wrote: »
    Hi, I'm 40 and looking to lose 50 lbs. Based in Portland, Oregon, would love to make friends for support both near and far.

I am also 40 (!). I have 30-40 lbs to lose. I live in Santa Fe, NM.
  • I am 44 and starting over. I have about 60lbs to lose. Would love new friends to help along the way.
  • Becky_p1972
    Becky_p1972 Posts: 25 Member
    Good morning troops. I'm not new here, just tired if that makes any sense. I'm 48 with about 30lbs to lose. My only child is getting married in May and I'd really want to lose a little bit by then. I start over it seems like all the time. My husband and son don't have any weight issues so I kinda feel alone in this. Feel free to add me, I really need some support.
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    I’m turning 44 this month. I’m finally going to lose the 25 lbs. that has been back and forth and taunting me for years. This is the year for sure!
  • Alternative_Rach
    Alternative_Rach Posts: 11 Member
    I am 47yrs and in the UK.
    I lost 49lb around 5yrs ago by support from here and logging what i ate.
    I now want to lose another 34lb maybe a few more.
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    One week in

Starting weight: 197.5 December 30, 2020
    Goal weight:eventually 140
    Current weight:197
    Total weight lost: 0.5 lbs

This weeks successes
    I'm happy with how I ate and met my exercise goal

This weeks challenges
    Birthdays.... both my husband and i have birthdays this week. He got carrot cake for his. I'm not sure what we are doing for mine. Some kind of takeout food.
  • Im 46, soon to be 47. I’m only 5’3, but was told by the doctors that people shrink as we get older! If I re-measured I’m probably 5’2. I started losing several years ago weighing 255.

I’m 185 now and have struggled for 5 years to get to my goal of 155 (a total loss of 100 pounds).

The older I get pre-menopause seems to making it much more difficult to lose. Apparently Hot flashes are not burning calories.

I’d like to know who else is experiencing slow results and how you think it might be hormone related. Any tips?
  • snuff15ee
    snuff15ee Posts: 99 Member
    43 here. I lost over 40 pounds in 8 months when I started my journey back in 2019. I've managed to keep it off all through 2020. I haven't missed a log day since I started. Feel free to add me. I'm very active in my physical fitness and I'm on here every day.
  • nurseytess
    nurseytess Posts: 9 Member
    Hi! I'm a 43 yo busy mama of 4 boys and a nurse who gained the covid-19 (and then some) in 2020 due to all the stress of pandemic life and my job. I've now got about 50 pounds I want to lose, but more than that I really need to get healthy again, stop feeding my body with junk, move my body more and just find better ways to manage the stress of life (since it's clearly not going away anytime soon)
  • muffinmondays
    muffinmondays Posts: 31 Member
    Turning 50 in March. Have a good 10-15kgs to lose. Feel free to add. :)
  • SunnyBunBun79
    SunnyBunBun79 Posts: 2,228 Member
    Came to bump this thread! The motivation is so helpful!
  • Caketinm
    Caketinm Posts: 4 Member
    I'm 42, busy working mum with over 60lb to lose, starting afresh this Jan. Determined to lose weight this year but also to be kind to myself. Would love some friends to help me along the way. Feel free to add me.
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    You can do it!
  • ganival
    ganival Posts: 93 Member
    F42, 5'6 and looking to lose 20 lbs. Don't think I can do this alone, add me if you have an open diary!
    SW 170
    GW 150
  • ksafransk
    ksafransk Posts: 2 Member
    54 and need to lose 20+lbs. Need support and motivation. Please add me to your group.
  • marapalumbo
    marapalumbo Posts: 85 Member
    I'm 41, almost 42 and would like to lose about 25 pounds.
  • LizCox78
    LizCox78 Posts: 1 Member
    Started my heathy lifestyle at 38 & lost 40lbs.... Been maintaining it for the last 5 yrs, but slowly gained 10-15lbs. Would love to get back with a little motivation & support.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Hi! I'm 46 and I have about 40lbs to lose. My downfall is I love baking and cooking. With my husband and I in the household, someone's' got to eat it and I only make one size. LOL! So portion control is an issue with me.

I am dedicated to lose this weight and make 2021 my year to get healthy and fit. I am here to ask for support from others going through the same thing. Cheers to all and lets do this!
    Feel free to add me.

I bake a lot. I don't eat most of it. skinny Minnie hubby does. but if you learn how to calculate calories correctly, and use the recipe builder, you can fit treats in your daily calorie goals. and figure out the calories/ gram for anything you make. last week I had apple pie. I'm banking calories this week for my birthday on Thursday. cause... CAKE! glorious cake! at 3 calories per gram LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO doesn't sound like much, but it is LOL