WaistAways - January 2021 Team Chat

Replies

• KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    @ells_runs I am so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine what you are going through. Prayers for you.

@Kali225 and @jugar thanks for the support. I love this group. Today, I made sure to measure everything. To be honest, I am very good at estimating measurements, except for cheese. If I don't measure cheese, I will use too much.

@micki48 Can I join the fitbit hustle? I do one with another group of friends, but I could really use the motivation right now. My email is kcburlinski@gmail.com Thanks.

@gidgitgoescrazy that is a great loss!!!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
    edited January 2021
    @Kali225
    You are SO on fire! I love the energy and the way you are diverting your weekend indulgences. Changing your weigh-in day can really help that - I remember way back some time last year when @Gidgitgoescrazy was fighting weekend issues and changed her weigh-in date to Mondays. It seemed to really help! She is now back to Saturdays and keeping it together - the habit of weekends can change. It looks like you're on for a good workweek fitbit hustle this week too. Let's go!

@ells_runs
    Thank you for telling us about your father. There are many years of love and distance to reconcile in there, and it is so hard when you have to do that alone. If he is old enough, talk with your son who shares his birthday - that is an odd but special bond. My adopted son has the same birthday as my mom, and even though they are not related by blood, that helped him learn about family and connections. It is complicated, and you have done a wonderful thing by going on, learning a new language, and setting up a life with your own family. They'll see your love and your pain, and love you even more for it. Please do not apologize about turning to food and drink during such a difficult time. If you'd like to have a couple of weeks with no weigh ins, or even the whole month, so that you can give yourself some breathing room for a while, let me know. You can always come in and post about how things are going. Keep well, and let yourself love your imperfect father. :heart: And happy birthday Monday! Another Capricorn -- there are a few of us lurking around in here :smiley:

@micki48
    Yes - what a demented week. Glad to see you back! So you had a good beginning of the week, and now a good end to the week. Not too much damage done (unlike certain other places!). I find that stomping out a lot of steps helps during times of frustration, outrage, bewilderment - whatever way it takes you! I had a great snowshoe today to help with the worries about what is next!

@sunny9847
    Great job! That is an impressive 1st week - be sure to take it carefully this coming week to avoid the rebound. Don't cut too much - keep it nice and even. Staying the same for a week would not be a bad result - you are small, and losing over a pound in a week is a lot (fellow small person talking here...), so losing 2.6 is really a lot! Don't try to reproduce the same kind of loss 2 weeks in a row, or you'll be so hungry you'll scare people :grimace:

• CurvyCalorie
    CurvyCalorie Posts: 266 Member
    @micki48 steps for January 9
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,249 Member
    @micki48 steps for January 9

@CurvyCalorie Keri, could you repost 1/5 (Tuesday) I seemed to miss it? Thanks:)

@micki48Can I join the fitbit hustle? I do one with another group of friends, but I could really use the motivation right now. My email iskcburlinski@gmail.comThanks.

@KellyBgetsfit Got you Kelly! Sent you an invite. I didn't know you were on fitbit or I would have invited you long ago.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
    LAST CALL!
    because you know I am
    q95v8ufsyayj.jpg

Get these weigh-ins posted - thanks!
    @evelynladams527
    @evangsimmons170
    @CanadianGiraffe
    @Steph1498
    @spyro88
    @lovethyneighbor
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 588 Member
    @ells_runs So very sorry for your loss. That is just a tough situation, and a very hard way to start a new year. Sending hugs your way. <3

@jugar thanks! Your snowshoeing commitment is similarly admirable! My dad has a couple pairs at my parents' place in the Catskills in NY. We always cross our fingers for good snow - maybe I can take them for a spin this season!

@micki48 thank you for setting the challenge up! Got friend requests from Liselyn and Sylvia too, yay! Off we go!
    Also, steps for the last 2 days: (I think I posted all the others but let me know if I missed one!)
    1/8: 15,209
    1/9: 19,165

Amazing what a call to help my parents with some technology troubleshooting can do for my steps - I have to pace when I talk to them or I will lose my mind that they insist the password isn't resetting. Millennial problems??
  • fuschiabolero
    fuschiabolero Posts: 35 Member
    Step aerobics for 60 min at med-hard level and 8066 steps
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    CW 179.4
  • once_mas
    once_mas Posts: 160 Member
    @jugar

mbakhtiaruz
    Sunday
    PW 62kg
    CW 61.7kg

Ltd 7.1 kg
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    CW: 167

The holiday bloat is easing up slowly. But its fine. I'm still having trouble getting back into things so I definitely haven't been all that great about tracking all my munchies.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember that even if your team doesn’t rank the highest in weight loss for the week you can still be the Green Percentage winner by having the most losses in your team! So keep it up!! B)

Wayyyyy to go on having a great week!! Keep up the good work and let's crush next week!! B)

qov0yi3qrwcy.png
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    @micki48 I think I missed that you all had a fitbit challenge. 🤷‍♀️

Steps
    Sun 8,657
    Mon 12,226
    Tues 5,495
    Wed 6,583
    Thurs 9,837
    30 min intervals
    Fri 8,967
    20 min elliptical
    Sat 14,206
    35 min intervals

• eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 679 Member
    @micki48 I think I missed that you all had a fitbit challenge. 🤷‍♀️
    Nope, you haven't missed it - the workweek hustle starts tomorrow morning. :)
This discussion has been closed.