SO MUCH TO GAIN

Replies

• Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    I want to gain strength, I want to gain flexibility, I want to gain a good posture, I want to gain a better sleep
  • soulfulsea1
    soulfulsea1 Posts: 3 Member
    I'm hoping for a more disciplined approach to my days and an outcome that gives me freedom to once again do the activities that I love.
  • shakiam06
    shakiam06 Posts: 1 Member
    I do workouts everymorning before school, so I can sleep better, focus better, function better, and get more in shape.
  • ddhayes69
    ddhayes69 Posts: 1 Member
    My first little goal is to be under 210 then under 200 pounds. I want to develop better habits and to be a good example for my teenage daughter. I have not been under 199 pounds in over 30 years. I have pledged to walk at least a mile every day and am also trying to do some other activity daily. It is cold walking outside, but so much more enjoyable than walking on a treadmill inside
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,784 Member
    To be comfortable in my own skin by dropping my body fat % to 20%, currently 24.5%. Gain a bit more muscle, and work on my over all longevity.
  • fitb4quitgirl
    fitb4quitgirl Posts: 8 Member
    In 2021 I would like to gain:

1.) Confidence - by losing weight
    2.) Flexibility - by learning yoga this year & stretching more
    3.) Discipline - I guess practice will help me gain this one... heh :D

and some more friends along the way!! Add me!
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited January 2021
    My main goal is better health markers. The older I get, the more I have paid attention to things like cholesterol, blood sugar, and blood pressure. So far none have been an issue except the blood pressure and I hope to keep it that way as long as possible!
    As for BP, I've been on meds for several years. I'm hoping to lose enough weight to reduce, if not completely eliminate them. I'm not that overweight (174 lb, 5'5") but my doctor thinks it will help.

Also, I want to be smaller and lighter so that I can perform better at yoga and dancing. The poses are easier with less of *me* in the way! The more active I am now, hopefully the more gracefully I can age.
  • walkingfool2020
    walkingfool2020 Posts: 1 Member
    Not so much what I hope to gain but What I hope to lose. I want to get back to my normal weight. I am on track need to continue the momentum.
  • I´m looking for some more inspiration to gain my effort. I've got 20 kilos to lose.
    I had my baby born in the November -04. Thereafter I´ve been through 4 brainoperations (due to a tumour), 4 misscarriages, divorce that I wanted. Now I wanna get on my feet again. The doctor found suitable medidin for my pain in leg and now I`ll make my new start! Here I come again!
  • Nurseb1973
    Nurseb1973 Posts: 3 Member
    2021 I HOPE TO GAIN SELF DISCIPLINE AND ALL THE POSITIVE THINGS THAT COME WITH IT! I HAVE LET COVID TAKE ALL MY DISCIPLINE FROM ME AND USE IT FOR AN EXCUSE!
  • rhzahm
    rhzahm Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2021
    I am looking to gain self discipline, better healthier eating habits, to fit and look better in my clothes. Also, I want to gain stamina, strength and be able to do yoga and exercises without pain or feeling like I am going to pass out! :)
  • darinmarie5
    darinmarie5 Posts: 3 Member
    I'm looking to gain a healthier lifestyle and regain my fit soccer body back...minus the soccer part! lol my joints won't allow me to run anymore...Just power walking and weight training HIIT workouts from now on. I've had chronic lower back pain and hoping to shed some pounds and strengthening my core will help alleviate the pain.
  • AdamWeldon
    AdamWeldon Posts: 1 Member
    Hi All,

After many years of not really focusing on the needs of my body, I've eventually gotten to the point where I've admitted that I'm really unhappy with the way that I look and the inability to be able to enjoy the activities I once did. By many standards I'm not really that heavy (I was 16st 4lbs ish) but I've put on alot of viceral fat due to poor diet choices. As i'm 5ft 7in I felt weighed down and lethargic.

Just over a month ago I'd finally had enough and embarked on learning and forming new healthy habits into my life.

I overspent on Under Armor gym clothes (which are definitely worth it!) , some modest equipment for home workouts and a Calisthenics course.
    My most recent purchase being the MyFitnessPal app which is amazing!

I'm pleased to say that in a little over 5 weeks I've dropped 12lbs (Losing 50lbs is my goal) purely down to changes in food types, sizes of meals and counting macros. Now I start on phase 2 which is introducing exercise back in the mix.

I commit to 30 mins daily exercise as a minimum.

Thanks to Under Armor for coming alongside me in this journey... although they don't know it!

Good luck on your own personal journeys and remember... The journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step!

• marykj7
    marykj7 Posts: 1 Member
    Alex wrote: »
    Share your story with MyFitnessPal! What do you hope to gain from your journey?

Find Success Beyond the Scale

The journey with MFP isn’t just about what you lose (or how much you want to lose). It’s about everything you’ll gain. Healthy habits, confidence, motivation, support…and so much more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV7up_-qnU0

Comment in the discussion below: What do you hope to gain from your health & fitness journey?

PLEASE NOTE: By commenting or replying in this thread, you acknowledge and agree to the use of your name, comments, replies and/or entries, whether in whole or in part, by MyFitnessPal, including for the purpose of generating and distributing marketing materials to help inspire others.

The journey with MFP isn’t just about what you lose (or how much you want to lose). It’s about everything you’ll gain. Healthy habits, confidence, motivation, support…and so much more.

Comment in the discussion below: What do you hope to gain from your health & fitness journey?

PLEASE NOTE: By commenting or replying in this thread, you acknowledge and agree to the use of your name, comments, replies and/or entries, whether in whole or in part, by MyFitnessPal, including for the purpose of generating and distributing marketing materials to help inspire others.

• NicNakNY
    NicNakNY Posts: 1 Member
    A booty!! This year I'm looking to get leaner but stronger.
  • jofveil
    jofveil Posts: 5 Member
    I guess being able to lose weight and help improve my physical and mental health.