Looking for Community!

Options
I am going to lose 73 pounds and I am looking for wonderful people to go on this journey with!

I am ready to start my journey, for real.

Like, For real for real. I've even taking all the steps this time to prevent myself from failing.
I got a gallon water bottle. That way I can track my water intake and make sure I am getting enough. (I love water so this isn't going to be too much of a challenge for me.)

I created a meal plan for my partner and I (we live together and I do most of the cooking..Helpful in this situation.). I even did crockpot meals so I can't say I'm too tired to make a healthy dinner!

I got a gym buddy and we are aiming for the gym 3x a week. My calorie goal is around 1,700-1,750 a day.

I am ready to take this seriously but I also want to have fun with it. I am looking for people who have a positive outlook on their journey, fun new work out ideas, recipes, etc. I strive off of positive reinforcement, so I am hoping to gather a good community of people for extra motivation. I also love to give compliments, advice, and inspiration so I promise this is going both ways lol!

My current plan is this:

Intermediate fasting 8pm-12pm. I am not a huge breakfast person, but I am a super late night snacker. This schedule has personally worked best for me in the past so I figured I'd keep what works and toss what doesn't.

Calories between 1,700-1,750. I don't have any specific diet I'll be following, but I do want to focus more on protein and veggies.

Shoot a comment, message, or friend request! I don't have any restrictions, just no bullying or ill spirited people.

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,181 Member
    Options
    Welcome on in.

It sounds like you've already got some good goals and plans. That's a great start. You're ahead of the game. It's also great you realize that you don't need a specific diet plan to lose weight; you just have to manage how much fuel you take in and how much you burn.

If you're looking for fun companions on your journey, there's a group called "Lose 1 Pound a Week and Keep it Off." Unfortunately MFP is currently broken, so nobody can actually join groups. I think they re trying to fix it. In the meantime, if you'd like an invitation, just post here and I'll be sure you get one.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    As someone who lost 130 pounds, let me say good job on having some plans and goals.

Just remember, a year from now, if you are lighter and happier than you are TODAY, you've accomplished a lot! Even if its 'only' 10 pounds. Small changes equal bigger changes. Dont feel bad when you don't get in the workouts you want, or if you eat more than your calories one day (Saturday I ate all the things LMAO). just don't let it become a trap where one day leads to a week leads to a month. Thats where people fail.

good luck to you, and be kind to yourself!
  • Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you have a great plan and have taken active steps to make sure it works for you. I also have been doing IF, but a bit differently. I'm doing 13:11 so I still have breakfast but eat dinner earlier. It really helped me break a plateau with my weight (although also maybe that I started using weights).

• lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I also currently do a form of intermittent fasting, as my schedule during covid makes 2 larger meals easier and I don't care about breakfast. But if for some reason you don't end up liking that, be aware there are other options to deal with snacking (and some people find snacking something they want to work into their cals). I do better not snacking, but lost 90 lbs eating 3 meals a day (at traditional breakfast and lunch times and then a kind of late dinner since I work late and used to commute). The not snacking was helpful, but at the time eating breakfast before work and dinner after also was (as I was never actually hungry before bed).

I am currently enjoying being able to have just 2 meals, though.

I think not being too restrictive with foods but concentrating on protein and veg sounds really sensible, as does your calorie goal. I love your attitude, and also find it fun to share recipe ideas (I'm pretty boring with my workout plan).
  • ScottB9021
    ScottB9021 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I too am serious about my weight loss/getting healthier diet. Feel free to add me as a friend. I will be tracking food/exercise daily with weekly weight ins.
  • ScottB9021
    ScottB9021 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I too am serious about my weight loss/getting healthier diet. Feel free to add me as a friend. I will be tracking food/exercise daily with weekly weight ins.