Average weight recorded for July:
    Average weight recorded for August:
    Average weight recorded for September:
    Average weight recorded for October:
    Average weight recorded for November:
    Average weight recorded for December:

Average weight Week of...

January 3………119.5
    January 10…………119.5ish I started the week at 118.5 and averaged the rest of the week from 119-120.5 🙈
    January 17……….
    January 24……….
    January 31………..

Success/Struggles:
    Success: really strong workout week
    Struggle: Understanding my weight flucuations and why 😦 I nevet went over my highest in my mind weight goal, but not watching the scale go down was vainly frustrating.

LORD JESUS guide 💛

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,963 Member
    Name: Maddie
    Height: 174 cm
    Total weight lost: ~75
    Time it took to lose: 2-2/3 years
    How long in maintenance: 2-1/3 years
    Maintenance weight range: 153-155

Average weight recorded for 2016: 228.3
    Average weight recorded for 2017: 197
    Average weight recorded for 2018: 172
    Average weight recorded for 2019: 155
    Average weight recorded for 2020: 156.8

Avg 2021 wt recorded for Jan (so far): 154.6

January 3………154.36
    January 10…..... 154.6. Trend: 155 (top end) so Took Action!
    January 17……….
    January 24……….
    January 31………..

Success/Struggles: Some hip issues (bursitis?). Shortening walking distance. Ice. Etc. Shifting off some some new bad habits, so scale dies not creep up. Should be okay. I dealt with high weight last year during this week & fooled around with it for 2 months. I don’t want to do that now, so changing. High weight is 7 lbs below 2021’s high weight.

I keep reminding myself that if I overeat, I will need to diet - and I hate to diet, so that helps me make the shifts.

Take Care,
    Maddie

• speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    @lesdarts180 - Lesley, I'm so sorry to hear about your son. What a horrible situation. I hope you will have a chance to see him soon, pandemic or not. So tragic - the situation is a mother's worse fear. My heart goes out to you and your family.
  • 425Recess
    425Recess Posts: 260 Member
    Name: Lorrraine
    Height: 5'4"
    Total weight lost: 50 lb.
    Time it took to lose: Over years with ups/downs
    How long in maintenance: at current weight ~3 years - Was on maintenance for 7 years at 125 lbs.
    Maintenance weight range: 115 +/- 2 lbs.
    Average weight recorded from 2018: Don't have the recorded number but stayed at goal.
    Average weight recorded from 2019: 114.5
    Average weight recorded from 2020: 115.0

Average weight recorded for January: 115
    Average weight recorded for February: 115
    Average weight recorded for March: 115.5
    Average weight recorded for April:116.1
    Average weight recorded for May 115.2
    Average weight recorded for June:115.1
    Average weight recorded for July:114.5
    Average weight recorded for August:114.0
    Average weight recorded for September:115.0
    Average weight recorded for October:114.7
    Average weight recorded for November:115.6
    Average weight recorded for December 116.5

Jan 4: 116.5
    Jan 11: 116.5

Struggle: I am stuck at a higher weight. I can eat a little less or a little more and it stays at the same number. To get back to the goal weight I will have to either lower my calorie goal or increase my exercises. I guess that is obvious. :smile:

Success: I am aware and working on it.
  • reversemigration
    reversemigration Posts: 168 Member
    edited January 2021
    Name: Ben
    Height: 6'
    Total weight lost: ~65 lbs
    Time it took to lose: 8 months
    How long in maintenance: Since ~ August 2018
    Maintenance weight range: 160-168

Average weight recorded for 2019: 162.8
    Average weight recorded for 2020: 162.1

Week of:
    January 3rd: 162.1 (trend 161.8)
    January 10th: 159 (trend 161.4)

It's been a while since I've checked in. I've had a lot of time squeeze (and, frankly, mental squeeze) in the last few months as the hospital has filled up and work hours lengthened, which has made regular check-ins go by the wayside.

Challenges: Strength training continues to lag. Like, moreso. A small part of this is not having access to free weights, etc, at the gym; the larger and more honest part is a lack of get up and go. I have resistance bands, dumbbells, and my own body so I need to get back into it.

Successes: I've managed to run at least six days a week, kept my activity/steps high, and my weight stable. My pre-Christmas present to myself (and from my family, or so I told them - they were happy to get out of trying to figure out what I actually might want) was a treadmill. It's gotten a lot of use as the weather has gotten colder, as I'm a total weather wimp. I've gone on several hikes, but running in the cold is just miserable to me! This week marks three years since I started losing weight, which is a nice milestone. The best success, though, was getting my first vaccine dose on the 26th.

@lesdarts180 I am so, so sorry to hear of your son. I know this has been an ongoing struggle for you, and it is heartbreaking to hear things have worsened. You are in my thoughts, and I hope you are able to see him and have time together.
  • AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    Les I am so sorry huge hugs and prayers I can't even begin to describe the feelings you must be going through. I pray LORD Jesus covers you in peace for somethingon this side of heaven we can not understand 💙
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,968 Member
    @lesdarts180 I am so sorry to hear about your son.
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    edited January 2021
    Name: Charlotte
    Height: 5'11" (180cm)
    Maintenance range: 75kg (+/- 2.5 kg)

Weight lost: 86kg to 80 kg (January-August 2012); 85 kg to 69 kg (October 2014 - March 2016); 88kg to present weight (May 2020 - now)
    maintained (i.e. was below 77.5 kg, and mostly below 75 kg) from February 2015-July 2017; was then put on a medication and gained 2 kg in a month; went on sabbatical (away from scales; lots of conference meals); hit (peri-)menopause and lost track of things except to note that I was steadily gaining and back to 85/86 kg.
    Lost to 81 kg at Easter 2020 (top of normal bmi for me), but then gained back to 88 kg in April/May (Easter egg binge; lock down closed the pool...).
    Average weight October 2014 - September 2015: 75.72 kg
    Average weight October 2015 - September 2016: 72.33 kg
    Average weight October 2016 - September 2017: 76.82 kg - monthly average within maintenance range (74.82 - 77.86 kg) for the first 10 months, then >79 kg in August and September
    Average weight October 2017 - March 2018: 80.90 kg
    April 2018-April 2020: no data
    Average weight 22 May - 31 December 2020: 80.83 kg

Average weight recorded for May 2020 (22.-31.5.2020): 87.15 kg
    Average weight recorded for June: 85.31 kg
    Average weight recorded for July: 83.12 kg
    Average weight recorded for August: 81.07 kg
    Average weight recorded for September: 79.59 kg
    Average weight recorded for October: 77.81 kg
    Average weight recorded for November: 76.67 kg
    Average weight recorded for December: 75.93 kg

Weight / seven day rolling average:
    5 January: 75.7 kg (167 lb) / rolling 7-day average 76.04 kg
    12 January: 75.3 kg (166 lb) / rolling 7-day average 75.41 kg
    19 January:
    26 Janary:

Average weight recorded for January 2021 currently: 75.65 kg

I have been in my maintenance range since late October, and hit my goal weight of 75kg just after Christmas, rather to my surprise. I plan to maintain for a while at 75 kg, and then perhaps adjust my maintenance weight down to 72 kg (+/- 2.5 kg). However, given how long it took me to lose from 77.5 kg, I am wondering if this range is too large. Ideally I would like my rolling averages to be coming out as 75 kg +/- 0.5 kg, and I am not (quite) there yet.

Successes/struggles: I have joined an online fitness club with Bodyfit by Amy, but still have not done any exercise since Christmas Eve except some good long walks. The decorations will come down today, so I shall have my inside exercise space back which will help. I have also not been tracking my food since Christmas but I seem to be managing to eat sensibly, with reasonable portion sizes and maintain even whileeating a few Christmas chocolates. I had a big project that went in last night (or early this morning...). I look forward to earlier bed times! That might help my energy to exercise in the mornings.
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    @lesdarts180, also sending my sympathy to you and your family.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    @lesdarts180
    I echo everyone’s thoughts here, and please know mine are with you, your son, and family at this time.

If you would like me or others, to did into the research for treatments, just give us the word.

😘Maddie
  • figurethefat
    figurethefat Posts: 1,364 Member
    Height: 159cm
    Total weight lost: 12kg
    Time it took to lose: Started April 2020
    How long in maintenance: August 2020
    Maintenance weight range: 55-56kg
    Average weight recorded for July: 57.7kg
    Average weight recorded for August: 56.9kg
    Average weight recorded for September: 56.8kg
    Average weight recorded for October: 56.5kg
    Average weight recorded for November: 56.7kg
    Average weight recorded for December: 56.9kg

Weigh-in day for me is Friday

Week of:
    January 1 - 57.6kg
    January 8 - 56.0kg
    January 15 - 55.6kg
    January 22 -
    January 29 -

Struggle/Success: Having success with the logging everyday - it was a bit hard at first but I'm in the mode now. The plan is not for more than 30 days. Steps have been good. I did have a bad evening, but I logged everything (cookies and chocolate) and got through it.
  • ehelny
    ehelny Posts: 1 Member
    Bravo! Steady and healthy.
  • speyerj
    Name: Jane
    Height: 5'9''
    Total weight lost: ~125
    Time it took to lose: 16 months
    How long in maintenance: 6 months
    Maintenance weight range: 160 -166

Average weight recorded for 2019: 247
    Average weight recorded for 2020: 181

Average weight recorded for October 2020: 164.3
    Average weight recorded for November 2020: 165.3
    Average weight recorded for December 2020:163.8

Average weight recorded from January:
    Average weight recorded from February:
    Average weight recorded from March:
    Average weight recorded from April:
    Average weight recorded from May:
    Average weight recorded for June:

January 2: 165
    January 9: 164.5
    January 16:164.3
    January 23
    January 30

Success/Struggles: Well, I'm keeping my average weight below 165, which is what I want, but just barely. I've struggled this week with the realization that maintenance requires the same discipline and vigilance as weight loss, but you don't get the reward of watching inches and pounds drop. Please tell me that it gets easier. Or do you just move on to where you accept that this is your new way of life and deal with it?
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,129 Member
    edited January 2021
    @speyerj

It gets easier.

There. I told you. It's actually not true, but there you go.

Someone in a group I'm a member of here put this out there that he gleaned from a motivational speech:
    I truly believe that the biggest factor in developing a healthy eating lifestyle is a positive, determined frame of mind. Diet plans I tried in the past didn't work, but to be honest I never really expected them to work.

The difference for me came from telling myself, "This is it. You can do it. You WILL do it." I didn't focus mainly on weight loss but on empowering myself to set goals and then meet them.

It is important to think positive thoughts about yourself and your journey to a healthy lifestyle. You may face hard times during your transition. The key is to stay focused on your goals and you will always reach them. Like Ralph Marston has said, "Your goals, minus your doubts, equal your reality."

This isn't a diet so there is no ending point. It is all about living every day, making right choices for my health.

He went on to write about that concept:
    Time and again I’ve seen this concept. Forget about motivation for a diet. Set goals, track calories, track weight, develop a consistent eating pattern, exercise regularly, make healthier choices for both mind and body. If you fall down, don't beat yourself up. Get back up and keep going. Don't be afraid to make changes. You simply can't fail if you never give up.

Success comes from embracing a lifelong healthy lifestyle.

I wrote this to myself a while back.
    Death by a Thousand Cuts

So you've made the choice to live a healthier lifestyle... or have you?

Do you find yourself having to convince yourself over and over again to make a healthier choice? THAT is the death by a thousand cuts.

You've MADE the choice to be healthier already (or you wouldn't be here). Now LIVE by it.

There's good news, though. He also shared this:
    In 2005 the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition had this to say about long term weight loss maintenance.
    To maintain their weight loss, members report engaging in high levels of physical activity (≈1 h/d), eating a low-calorie, low-fat diet, eating breakfast regularly, self-monitoring weight, and maintaining a consistent eating pattern across weekdays and weekends. Moreover, weight loss maintenance may get easier over time; after individuals have successfully maintained their weight loss for 2–5 y, the chance of longer-term success greatly increases.

I hope that helps. It doesn't get easier. Well, it might. But it takes a few years. Even then.... I was maintaining fairly well for about 2.5 years until October, and it's been a struggle again since then.
  • speyerj
    Thanks @mtaratoot for the wisdom and doses of reality.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    speyerj wrote: »
    Name: Jane
    Height: 5'9''
    Total weight lost: ~125
    Time it took to lose: 16 months
    How long in maintenance: 6 months
    Maintenance weight range: 160 -166

Average weight recorded for 2019: 247
    Average weight recorded for 2020: 181

Average weight recorded for October 2020: 164.3
    Average weight recorded for November 2020: 165.3
    Average weight recorded for December 2020:163.8

Average weight recorded from January:
    Average weight recorded from February:
    Average weight recorded from March:
    Average weight recorded from April:
    Average weight recorded from May:
    Average weight recorded for June:

January 2: 165
    January 9: 164.5
    January 16:164.3
    January 23
    January 30

Success/Struggles: Well, I'm keeping my average weight below 165, which is what I want, but just barely. I've struggled this week with the realization that maintenance requires the same discipline and vigilance as weight loss, but you don't get the reward of watching inches and pounds drop. Please tell me that it gets easier. Or do you just move on to where you accept that this is your new way of life and deal with it?

Hi @speyerj!
    I seem to be in the minority, but I find maintenance SO much more pleasant than dieting or being obese. I get to look better in my clothes, exercise without pain, and eat more than when I was dieting.

I did find the first 6 months stressful, as Every other time I lost weight, I gained it back. It takes a while to figure out your own path in maintenance.

The turning point for me....
    When I came up with the question:
    How might I make maintenance easy & stressfree? How might I insure my success?

Then, I did those things.

Hang in there, and yes, #NeverGiveUp

😘Maddie
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Name: Orphia
    Height: 176 cm
    Heaviest weight: 98.9 kg
    Total Weight lost: 35 kg
    Time it took to lose: 12 months
    How long in maintenance: Since April 2016 - but gained 10 kg March-May 2020 after massive trauma combined with COVID-19.
    Maintenance weight range: 65-75 kg (not sure what’s the right answer - been up and down in there numerous times in my life, apart from going way over 2010-2015).
    I’d like to lose a bit to get back to 70 kg, but I’m still happy at around 75 kg.

I’m experimenting with seeing how my satiety levels are in relation to the types of foods I eat. Trying to eat more whole foods, which I’ve been getting pretty good at, and less sugar, and it’s going quite well.

Weekly averages checking day for me is Sunday.

Current moving average: 75.9 kg
    Today’s weigh-in: 76.3 kg
    Average weight recorded from 2015 (12 months): 85 kg
    Average weight recorded from 2016 (12 months): 64 kg
    Average weight recorded from 2017 (12 months): 64 kg
    Average weight recorded from 2018 (12 months): 65 kg
    Average weight recorded from 2019 (12 months): 65 kg

Average weight recorded from December 2019: 65 kg
    Average weight recorded from January 2020: 65 kg
    Average weight recorded from February 2020: 65 kg
    Average weight recorded from March 2020: 65 kg Traumatic life events
    Average weight recorded from April 2020: 69 kg
    Average weight recorded from May 2020: 76 kg
    Average weight recorded from June 2020: 75 kg
    Average weight recorded from July 2020: 75 kg
    Average weight recorded from August 2020: 75.8 kg
    Average weight recorded from September 2020: 75.7 kg
    Average weight recorded from October 2020: 75.2 kg
    Average weight recorded from November 2020: 75.3 kg
    Average weight recorded from December 2020: 75.5 kg

Average weight Week ending ...
    2 Jan……….. 75.8 kg
    10 Jan……….75.7 kg
    17 Jan………. 75.9 kg

Successes/Struggles:
    Had a big thing on my mind so I just did well to not go over my weekly calorie limit by much.

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    Struggle of the week: I might have to leave this group for a while if I can't continue maintaining.

Hey, if it's any help, after losing 35 kg 6 years ago I put on 10 kg about 9 months ago, and have maintained since then, and am still here.

I find being in here keeps me doing all those healthy habits that stick to maintenance.

Maybe just aim to maintain for a while, not lose.