Hi - can I join this challenge

Absolutely!!!!
  • shannonkelly08
    shannonkelly08 Posts: 133 Member
    Hi - can I join this challenge

Welcome!!!!

• dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    I typically weigh in on Fridays. I will be 43 in March, and really need to step up my game.
    1/8: 158

March what? I will be 53 in March 20th
  • mochasmommie7193
    mochasmommie7193 Posts: 121 Member
    Monday Weigh-In:

12/17: 164.6
    12/21: 160.6
    12/28: 163.6
    1/4: 163.2
    1/11: 162.8
    GW: 134

I've made progress...December 20, 2019 I weighed in at 176.2lbs so I'm thrilled about that!

Goals this week:
    Walk the dog every day despite the weather!
    Get on the treadmill each day as well! I've been watching Virgin River to keep me motivated and highly recommend!

Trying to increase my exercise to give my metabolism a boost...slow at 52 and the weight doesn't seem to come off quickly like when I was in my 30's! I'll get there though!!!!

Happy Monday everyone and enjoy your week!!!

I binge watched Virgin River a short time ago. Great show...
  • shnerb00
    shnerb00 Posts: 269 Member
    Today I'm planning a macdonalds lunch. It might sound counter intuitive as I'm trying to lose weight, but if it fits in your calorie goal, that's alright isn't it ?

Calorie in vs calorie out. It's not the type of food I plan to eat a lot of. But I'm 1 day 5 hours into my quit vaping attempt, and I'm just treating myself today.

Good for you for taking the plunge to quit vaping!

As for the McDonald’s, do what you need to do to live and while staying true to your goals. This is what people mean by it’s a lifestyle. What fits with your lifestyle? Some people need to completely remove fast food habits and that works for them while others can manage moderation. As long as you plan for it and it fits into your overall lifestyle plan, you do you! Does your lifestyle plan include occasional McD’s? If so, how to you plan to make that work for you?
  • shnerb00
    shnerb00 Posts: 269 Member
    A word of caution though @FeelinFooFoo. If you’re anything like me, the McD’s may make you feel good in the moment and will likely fall into your plan to still stay under your calorie limit BUT you may still be hungry and still need to eat more calories later to satisfy that hunger. Would choosing something smaller be an option to try so you still get to treat yourself but it doesn’t consume as many of your daily calories?

Anybody else have tips on how to treat yourself without sabotaging your efforts?