Yoga with Adriene fans

Replies

• skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    Defo psych yourselves folks. 6 pack abs day is back, and it's brutal. Enjoy the waffle to begin with, cos you really don't want more of that pain! Not gonna lie - I took a few time outs by the end!
  • Fit_Happens_2021
    Fit_Happens_2021 Posts: 303 Member
    Okay I'm back and happy to say I was wrong!
    I made it through day one with a tiny modification here and there.
    Looking forward to Day 2 tomorrow :)
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Day 6 was pretty killer. I'd just done another workout that had some ab focus before that, so wow! Double whammy! 😂😭
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited January 2021
    KNoceros wrote: »
    Is it just me, or is Adrienne super-chatty this year?
    I will plan to see the program through but for the first time ever (this will be my 4th year) I find myself getting a bit irritated by the chatter and thinking “can’t we just move on now...?”

I agree with this...its a little much. I find myself getting a little frustrated by the chatting too, especially since I'm trying to concentrate on keeping m ybreathing in sync with the movements, and she always comes back in out of sync with me.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Defo psych yourselves folks. 6 pack abs day is back, and it's brutal. Enjoy the waffle to begin with, cos you really don't want more of that pain! Not gonna lie - I took a few time outs by the end!

Day 6 was serious business. I took a couple of little breaks today and I LOVED the way she would say "if you took a break, come back for this last set" or somethin' like that. Perfect for some of us who are very very new to yoga and kept me involved. Somehow I wasn't ready for it to end, even though it was tougher.
  • skinnyrev2b
    Nice and gentle today. Enjoy.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,668 Member
    Day 6 was a fail for me. My arms were hurting from too many planks and down dogs the past few days, so I struggled with those, and some of the core exercises were experienced more as back pain than stomach strengthening. I've hurt my back before doing cobras and locusts, so I know I need to be cautious, so I really ended up going light today.
  • skinnyrev2b
    Ouchie @spiriteagle99. You're wise to listen to your body and take it easy. I've just done a 6 mile walk, and I've still to walk the dog, so I'm hoping for a nice easy one today to stretch out the leg and back muscles. Interestingly I've noticed a tendency to belly breathe as I exerted myself up the hills today - which I've not been aware of doing before - so something from this practice seems to have settled in my subconscious!
  • skinnyrev2b
    Twas indeed nice and gentle - but not sure about getting my forearms to the floor, let alone my forehead, in those seated forward folds!
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,251 Member
    Twas indeed nice and gentle - but not sure about getting my forearms to the floor, let alone my forehead, in those seated forward folds!

Same!
  • donidaily
    donidaily Posts: 825 Member
    Been looking forward to “snuggle” for days!
  • skinnyrev2b
    Today's practice... oooooo yeah! Bring on the balance!
  • donidaily
    Agree @skinnyrev2b! I was shocked by how much stronger I felt during the flow today, a little really does go a long way
  • Fit_Happens_2021
    Fit_Happens_2021 Posts: 303 Member
    I'm lagging behind but still doing it daily. Today is Day 5 for me, but the amount of talking, bursting into song, and quoting "Mr Willy Shakespeare" are not gelling with me. I'm finding it very distracting. I am new to Adriene's channel and determined to at least give it a while longer for me to get comfortable with her style.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,041 Member
    I'm lagging behind but still doing it daily. Today is Day 5 for me, but the amount of talking, bursting into song, and quoting "Mr Willy Shakespeare" are not gelling with me. I'm finding it very distracting. I am new to Adriene's channel and determined to at least give it a while longer for me to get comfortable with her style.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds the pace a little challenging. I might try revisiting the whole series, until I get it right. :D
    That might be at a 3-4 times/week pace, but I'm determined to continue, as I really feel the benefit.
  • skinnyrev2b
    I'm up to speed with it, but yeah, she's MUCH more chatty and singy this time which is distracting.
    I also got to very end feeling quite good about myself when she said "bring your head to your (prayer positioned) hands and maybe take a look at your sweet toes..." Lady, now I KNOW you've lost a bit of your touch. My belly is no where near letting me see my sweet anything!
  • resslamania
    resslamania Posts: 15 Member
    I did not know this was a thing! Thank you- I will start. I only ever use her practice when I get low back pain :tired_face:
  • donidaily
    To those who are going at their own pace: last year I finished the 30 days on February 12 and it still felt great! Find what works for you!
  • alexmose2
    alexmose2 Posts: 208 Member
    She’s the only instructor I can follow