How many times do you weigh in?

KatyP86
KatyP86 Posts: 164 Member
Hi guys! My official weigh in days are on the 1st and 15th of every month but I do get on the scale everyday just to keep myself in check. I know that may sound obsessive to some but if I don't my weight slowly creeps back up so it's what works for me. 🙂

I was wondering how everyone else keeps track? Weekly, monthly, or are you satisfied with just the non scale victories? I envy you if that's you! Lol

Replies

• marapalumbo
    marapalumbo Posts: 85 Member
    I weigh myself every morning, I like to see the ups and downs that are on a mostly downward trajectory. It's helps me stay motivated.
  • theresainsinger
    theresainsinger Posts: 12 Member
    I like to weigh myself everyday. First thing in the morning with zero clothes...
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,033 Member
    Every morning after going to the toilet. The number gets logged in MFP, Garmin Connect (my fitness tracker app), Libra and my personal spreadsheet. I look at the trend and new lows, the fluctuations day to day are interesting to see the effect of my period, my exercise and the foods I eat.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,122 Member
    From previous threads of this nature, people have all different methods.

I am also a daily weigher, I use a trendweight app - Libra, so I can track my fluctuations.

It's only obsessive, if you obsess over the result. For me it's just part of my morning routine, my weight yo-yos quite sporadically so I look at the trend over the couple of weeks rather than the week to week.
  • jessienani
    jessienani Posts: 60 Member
    I weigh in every single morning at 6AM.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    I log once a week. typically on Fridays. this week will be Wednesday because Thursday is my birthday and hello birthday cake LOL

I tend to step on the scale daily, but the number doesn't really register with me and I don't log it. i couldn't tell you what it said this morning. when I'm losing weight, it tends to fluctuate in a 2 pound range, when I'm maintaining, I give it a 5 pound range.
  • kerryanngreigg
    kerryanngreigg Posts: 7 Member
    I used to weigh once weekly and intend to do the same this time around. I find I become too obsessive otherwise 🤷🏻‍♀️🙃
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,452 Member
    Twice a day. In the morning to log my daily weight and the before I go to bed to see how much I fluctuated and assess how much I ate that day.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • MichelleMcKeeRN
    MichelleMcKeeRN Posts: 450 Member
    I weigh in every morning. My official weigh in day is Monday right now because I am part of a group trying to lose 10 pounds by V Day.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Daily - it's my main tool to maintain in my goal weight range by allowing me to keep a casual eye on my weight trend.
    It's just data to me, no obsession or unrealistic expectations, I expect my weight to fluctuate and mostly it's clear why.

Opened the salted cashew nuts I got for Christmas today and I fully expect my weight to bounce up tomorrow. No big deal.
  • davepollack
    davepollack Posts: 19 Member
    Every morning. I don't worry about the number that day, just the trajectory.
  • MirraTok68
    MirraTok68 Posts: 14 Member
    I will check in weekly
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    couple times per week.
  • VeganTrashGoblin
    VeganTrashGoblin Posts: 19 Member
    Weekly but normally on a Sunday morning. Mostly cause if its a weekday the work rush I'll forget. And as I know my 'triggers' for going into an unhealthy habit of a starve and binge cycle Sunday is better for me to have a day where I'm not working to get my head around any weight changes that could derail me ☺
  • Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    I jump on the scale most days. I like having as many data points as possible in analysing my weight trends. I don't feel obsessed or obsessive. Like I said, it's just data point to me, I feel no particular emotion about my weight on any given day.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    edited January 2021
    Every morning.

Only exceptions are if I’m not well or injured. This is because my sensible ‘be healthy’ brain knows I need to eat at maintenance to provide fuel for healing and immune response but my stupid ‘lose weight’ brain freaks out when I see a couple or three pounds creep on while I’m recovering. Hence, I won’t weigh again until a couple of days after I’m back up to par!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    I've weighed myself daily for over a decade, and noted the result, even before deciding to lose weight. (Not obsessive, just sort of a data geek, with a science-fair orientation to understanding my immediate world). If I forget and miss a day, or miss days when traveling, meh.

It causes me zero stress when the scale fluctuates: It's just a snapshot of my body's momentary relationship with gravity, not a measure of my worth as a human. The daily weights, over weeks to months, give me a trend that tells me whether I'm meeting my weight-management goals, or need to adjust my plans.

But not everyone's wired that way, and one way isn't IMO superior to another, it's just a different personality or outlook. Variation between people makes life more interesting.

Personalizing our approach to our own personality, interests, needs, strengths and limitations is a key success factor, IMO.
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    Every morning. Here's a screenshot of me in maintenance. Each dot is a weigh-in. I have fewer daily fluctuations than most people.

xf9uw9zme4z5.png
  • erosemiller314
    erosemiller314 Posts: 48 Member
    I like to weigh myself everyday. First thing in the morning with zero clothes...

Same!
    I don't log my weight every day, but I do get on the scale.
  • AndreaTamira
    AndreaTamira Posts: 272 Member
    Once a week, early in the morning.