Relapsers getting Real Healthy Accountability group- 2020-2021

Replies

• Dukare
    Dukare Posts: 144 Member
    I'm awake and she's not, so I actually get to post Two days in a row! Ha.

I never got my workout in, my head is beyond that ability due to lack of sleep and to protect my milk supply I can't just do what I wanna do and workout.... in case I get too worn out. Those midnight feedings or 3 am feedings hit randomly at the worst time lol.

Works crazy, the world is crazy and I agree - sometimes doing the pre-made or prepped foods really help!! I often have times where I'm too pooped to cook or prep and having something easy to throw together or grab that's healthy saves the day without hitting me too far!

I've found peppers, aloha kind is actually very nice!, Triscuits, hummus n pretzel sticks, apple with cheese (gouda in small amounts), oranges, bananas, healthy nuts like almonds with wee bit o chocolate... a few almond m&ms ( I'm able to actually eat just a few... though watch out, you'll have days where you go through half the bag. Works rough lol) . Chocolate pretzels are good too. My favorite has been the yogurt drinks. Great protein, light calorie and gets me the yogurt- which I'm not always a fan of it normal. I also did deli meats or chopped meats, like chicken salad or tuna salad with little mayo n some mustard and then I put crushed almonds in it (fine enough you barely got it) for added protein and a healthy addition...tho calorically I guess it isn't great. I ate it with crackers or just plain! Like a salad. Some people put grapes in that stuff too...or relish, but I'm a plain Jane ha.

Tuna is a magical fish.

I'm falling asleep so I will just say that I agree with Trent! And all of you really it is so hard to get the right balance of food n nutrients and effort and exercise.

Whomever said breastfeeding you lose weight. HA. I eat way too much but I'm terribly hungry often, and alas, when I fail at meal prepping I end up grazing or busy work n babe makes me grab quick crap like holiday candies n cookies...then I feel worse and more run down. Man I need bananas in the house lol. Oh! I also do PB things, tho they kill in calories, it is a great fat/protein. Like with an apple. More filling too.

We had fish with potato and a zuccin8 blend frozen veg dish tonight. Is delicious. Fish is such a great source of protein with little calories....baked is quite good if done right!

I'm hoping I get this headache gone after a good nights sleep (every other day I'm able to get up 5 am for work, no choice to do for baby every day aha, but whether that is good or not depends ha). Tomorrow is my workout day! I missed Wednesday but I'm hust starting my engines... revving so to speak, I'm bound to sputter and stall out a few times. No hurry, it'll happen. Fall get back up again. Though I stopped saying I'm falling or failing. Everyone has bad days and moments. As Trent said, it is about the next choice. To keep going. Accept you'll do them and that is Okay. You'll succeed in time, just keep trying and pushing more n more! it will feel less like a failure and then you'll be less phased by it and thus, bounce back much faster .

Stay strong my friends!! Stay safe, stay healthy, stay happy!

Working out truly helps endorphins. When you get bummed and stressed, try going for a run, dance around the house ( any movements are dance), clean the kitchen, scrub the tub, wash your bedding and start fresh. It does wonders.

Ship and the Globe- Kae Sun I believe. It's catchy.

Never been in Love-; Sweet Love- Sigala (EasyLove); songs by Galantis (Love on Me, pbj) will do the trick. La Bumba; something about you- elderbrook & rudimental; make me feel- Janelle monae; Machel Montano (Endless Wuk is a fav); Love My Life-Demarco; Fuse Odg (Dangerous Love); got7- just right (enjoy Haha); Fantastic Baby- Bigbang; save me- bts; hit the road Jack - throttle; AKMU- how people move. Heart & Soul- the monkees; churches- clearest blue.

Okay. Goodnight 😆💃🤗🤗🍻

• ClearNotCloudyMind
    ClearNotCloudyMind Posts: 238 Member
    Hi there, been a few days. Was super-chuffed to have lost half a kg but it’s gone right back on. Am eating ok I think so this must be a Dreaded Plateau. I was due one so probably shouldn’t be surprised.

It’s odd how demotivating it is though. Today I very nearly went on a mad carb binge through the kitchen. Not quite sure what stopped me... possibly habit. Whatever it was, I’m glad now that I logged it before eating, saw what it meant, put it down and walked away. Closest I’ve come yet though.

Loving hearing about all your triumphs and achievements. What a great start to the year everyone! 👏👏👏
  • Gefiun
    Gefiun Posts: 13 Member
    Been AFK for a couple weeks now, I have been eating better definitely ditching a high percentage of sugar that I used to eat but probably not anywhere within my calories. But that’s fine since I’m still transitioning over to a healthier diet in general so I’m making progress. But I did start skipping tracking for quite a while, which is very much not a good idea for me.

things have been a bit hectic mental health wise and I haven’t been doing my stretches and exercises like I should so my back pain has come back. which is definitely not great but I still do have a better range of motion than what I had before physical therapy.

Work has stayed steady but now there’s no extra leave time which really cuts into the hours I have that aren’t put aside for work. I had five days without work, and I managed not to drink any caffeine or soda and got a good amount of sleep and I felt energized and wonderful for the first day, and then I wasn’t able to sleep because I had decided to I have an energy drink (I had a supply stored at work with a couple diet cokes) so the next three days I stayed up till like midnight or 3 AM because I could not fall asleep. once those cans are gone that’s it I can’t do it. I probably should just go ahead and get rid of them now but nope! it’ll probably make the rest of January suck, but I’m stubborn as heck.

@HealthyTrent How has the rowing machine been working out for you lately? I know you had a tough time with emotional eating - I can’t imagine how stressful and upsetting those losses were, but I’m wishing you happiness and fond memories, and hoping your pup heals well from getting his teeth removed. I’m kind of curious like I said about the rowing machine, I’m about 20-30lbs heavier than you and would like to check out its details if you don’t mind posting the brand and model? I have a recumbent bike but it’s noisy and I don’t really like it - so it’s been sitting longer than it should, I’ll probably crank up the volume on an audiobook and piss off my neighbor once I can find a posture and gel seat that will make it more comfortable. I know that’s no excuse but I figured a rowing machine is a good idea cause I have to work on my core and upper body strength due to my back issues. But like you would have to really focus and pay attention to my posture and the movement of rowing, but my physical therapist had me doing band exercises that had a similar pull back motion so I figured it would be a good idea.

I’ve sent out friend requests to some of the newer posters who mentioned they were open to new friend requests. I thought I’d post so it didn’t seem completely out of the blue - like I said I’ve been gone for a couple weeks. It’s good to see more posts on here it’s a little more active which is neat, or maybe that’s just a different perspective because I’ve been gone so long. :laugh:

So I started off in the upper 260s and I have dropped 10.8 pounds so far. I got down 65.8 lbs to 200 pounds maybe four or five years ago, and I quit weight watchers and it all went back on slowly and quickly depending how bad my emotional eating was and I’ve been yo-yoing 10/20-ish lbs since then off and on weight watchers.

I quit weight watchers for good within 2020, it’s just not working out for me so I’m basically drastically dropping my high sugar intake, focusing on protein whole-food snacks when needed, and currently reading up on nutrition and how to maintain my blood sugar levels (I’m not diabetic but I’m used to eating high quantities of sugar and energy drinks - so I need to manage my energy levels) I just think it’s a good idea for me at the moment.

Here’s hoping I can get more than five hours of sleep tonight.

Wishing everyone the best and stay safe!
  • HealthyTrent
    HealthyTrent Posts: 157 Member
    Hi all! I had a good day today - I'm so glad it's Friday! I made some delicious butternut squash soup in the crockpot (the squash, carrots, celery, sauteed onion/garlic, spices, water, and I added coconut milk at the end - all blended smooth). I'm getting ready to go do some walking, and then it's to bed. I'm so excited to have a massage tomorrow. It's the one non-essential thing I'm doing right now with all the Covid stuff, but we stay masked and they clean the rooms thoroughly between clients, so I'm comfortable with it. Without a massage every few weeks my back gets so knotted up from my desk job.

I want to try and get extra miles in this weekend, so that I stay on track with my 1,000 mile goal this year. Some weekdays are just hard to do much.

@Dukare - hope your headache's gone and you were able to get some sleep!
    @ClearNotCloudyMind - that's great that you were able to stop yourself from going overboard with the food despite feeling frustrated!
    @Gefiun - This is the rower I bought. I did a little bit of research and found some reviews of this outside of amazon that were positive, and it has a high # of positive amazon reviews too. I really like it - it was easy to put together and is super quiet. I haven't done a ton of workouts with it and I can tell it's going to take awhile to really build up endurance on it, but I'm glad I have it as a workout option. The weigh limit is 250 on this model. There's another model by the same company that has a higher weight limit of 275- it looks really similar to my model.
  • Dukare
    Hi all!

@ClearNotCloudyMind glad you were able to prevent a succumb to the carbs!! I have definitely had those moments and they are so hard to combat!! Kudos!!

@Gefiun it is never easy getting back into the swing of things! I'd suggest dancing- even if it is with a broom, partner dancing does a lot for posture and your core while being relatively easy on the back. It was all I could do for years (I had a Herniated Lumbar Disc most my life then, after dancing and strengthening it, I now just have a bone spur). I'd be careful of rowing. I know it isn't good with covid but perhaps trying it out somehow would be good? Don't wanna over exert and cause damage. Maybe talk to the PT?...I did it once in the gym and it does the job ha I felt it real quick 😬👍

@HealthyTrent way to go! Hope the massage helps! Sit down job definitely doesn't do any good ...especially with exercise, stretching and a good massage go a long way! Hope you can get your steps in to keep on track! Fantastic!!

As for myself. I didn't manage to workout this morning. I had to get into my work hrs while I could- I'm so tired I just didn't have it in me. My head is splitting from lack of sleep and likely needing even more water. Idk. It will pass give enough time, just hard to be able to do anything when the brain hurts. Also always a frustrating challenge with the husband decides to do something that gets me all in a huff and I just can't deal with his crap and life sometimes lol.

I have 2 or so cookies left. Plenty of other junk but I'm not a huge candy, chip or choc person so out of site goes a long way.... I've still got last Halloween candy 🤣

My mom has 3 weeks to go and while I'm gonna miss her, not having to balance a guest, him, and the baby with my own needs and work will be nice. She stresses me out always needing the dishes done every night and I hate seeing her do them but I'm exhausted and usually with the baby and he just lets her so I'm all 😤. She won't just Not do them. Mothers lol. Anyways. I'm really going to shoot for a workout this weekend, in between work hrs, potentially putting Christmas decor away, sorting baby clothes balancing the budget (always a headache) and grocery run. Covid really makes weekend shopping "a blast".

I'm just taking it one moment at a time and trying to keep patience. One diaper change and feeding at a time 😐😪😆

Here's to a successful weekend guys!! The first of the new year! Be safe n take care!!
  • tinybry
    tinybry Posts: 71 Member
    Evening all (probably not for everyone depending where you are!) another grey chilly day here in the UK. But it's Saturday and all our plans were cancelled by the current lock down so we went out for a decent walk (somewhere between 4 and 5 hilly miles) which was pleasantly complaint free (probably because we walked to the takeaway cafe at the next village and so the children got a hot chocolate and cake and we got coffee!). I'm trying hard to stick to my calories religiously, and generally eat healthily, but I'm trying to still allow myself some treats within those calories to make it more likely to stick out. so I ate cake which then meant I didn't need lunch! I'm also cutting down on drinking, but allowing myself a day a week (not all or nothing) so enjoyed a *very* large glass of red wine last night whilst chatting (virtually of course) to a friend, which was lovely.

Although I've been within my calories (including exercise calories which I may need to consider) and met my step goal every day this week, my weight stuck, but I'm going to hope that this will shift next week. I was hoping for a first week loss to motivate me, but ho hum.

@Dukare I hope you manage to find some time to get some exercise in this weekend if that's what you fancy - and if not that you are kind to yourself about it! mums and their help are lovely but bring their own work with them!

@HealthyTrent I hope you managed to get some of those miles in and feel on track with your excellent goal.

@Gefiun well done for losing that first 10lb - sugar definitely has an impact on me, in fact that's a good reminder of why less of the cake would do me good (especially when what I have been doing has obviously not worked enough!). happy to have new friend requests.

@ClearNotCloudyMind the ups and downs of the scale have a mind of their own, well done for keeping your motivation and carrying on the hard work even when they didn't land on where you hoped they would.
  • HealthyTrent
    Woo - I just got back from a 4 mile walk in the chilly just-under-freezing late afternoon. I am thrilled to discover a pedestrian gate very close by to the wildlife refuge that's a few blocks from my house. I can't believe I didn't know about it sooner! They have somewhere around 20-30 miles of trails I can walk on there - I just ventured about a mile or so in today and then turned around and went back out, as it's only open from sunrise to sunset and I got a late start due to working for about 4.5 hours in the late morning/early afternoon today. I saw some fairly nearby deer and then some more distant (& on the other side of a fence) Buffalo (or Bison?). I look forward to spending more time there.

@Dukare - taking it a moment at a time sounds like the only way to do it!
    @tinybry - it can be frustrating when you're hitting your targets and the scale doesn't move. Hope it shifts soon!

• SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    The day's run is done, and I meditated on the front steps in the morning sun before coming in. My wife suggested I try meditation and the Chopra app has a week of free recordings. "What's done is done; let it go" was the theme. So simple and yet I still dwell on so many things that I cannot change.
  • Serastar
    Serastar Posts: 3 Member
    Hi all! I'm starting my journey today and looking for like minded people. You all are doing an amazing job! Thanks for the inspiration.
  • ClearNotCloudyMind
    Hi all, checking in after a few days. As planned, we managed to get out riding both days of the weekend. Today’s ride was a bit faster than normal, and I was really feeling it in the legs towards the end. My husband doesn’t get how riding can be exercise when the horse is doing “all the work”. I’ll admit it’s easier than running or walking the same distance, but it’s still a decent al-over workout!

Food-wise it’s been an ok sort of weekend. I haven’t been particularly abstemious and tonight’s roast belly pork was a feast. Am still struggling with a plateau, which has been basically going on since Xmas. The motivation of knowing that I’m losing weight week on week was obviously a Big Deal for me and I find myself looking at the biscuit tin and snack cupboard more often than I was in December when it was all going so smoothly. I’ve not yet dived in but wooo the temptation.

In previous weight loss attempts this was where it all fell apart so I’m going to do my very best not to let that happen this time. See you all tomorrow xx
  • Dukare
    Welcome @Serastar ! Best of luck!!

@HealthyTrent I love when ya find those kinds of trails! Hope you enjoy them fully! We were stoked to find a nice walking park just 10 min drive - great when we don't even have sidewalks outside our place. Love nature walks!

@tinybry. That just sounded Lovely. I loved the walkability and cafe and shops in UK. My sister lived in Twickenham. KEW was a dream lol. Wished I had parks like they do around here *sigh.

I didn't work out but I did get more sleep, cleaned the house a bit and packed up Christmas. All while dealing with a babe eating every 2-4 hrs for an hr... 😩😩 she's adorable though, so I'll forgive her lol. I'm out of the cookies and am on the "bloody sick of this weight and my lack of effort" bout of energy so I'm playing optimistic. Every day gets warmer and closer to my dream schedule lol.

We just decided that we may end up going to visit his family in the fall - assuming covid doesn't go insane etc. ... I've not met them in person yet, so I've got a lot of work to do to make myself ready for such folks. It is hard to balance the mindset of having a look or standard I wish to have, but also realizing I'm okay as I am ( beauty and all that stuff). Definitely hard when my mom grew me up with skinny= worth something. She's always the first to comment about her first observation of so n so lost or gained, how she wished she looked like she did when she was 20 lol. My husband and I agree that my endeavors now are not about worth or Beauty, but health. I (and he) want an active lifestyle, so we strive for healthy active lifestyle- in the process I'll drop them pounds lol. .. but also, I wanna get back outta 200s!! I hadn't been into 190s since maybe middle school??? I was 180 in 5th grade. 223 in jr year where I promptly dropped, with gym, to 210 and stuck 200-210 till about 8 years ago when I started working harder on it and now last year I got down to 192! I was 196 before the baby last Christmas and am now 230 😭 is a bitter pill that hits my emotion n mentality hard sometimes, but it's cause a baby so. I forgive myself.... but I've got now 8 months to really get back down! ... that'll be a record for me!

What a weekend.

Cheers to a great week guys!!!💃💃💃🍻
  • Dukare
    Hi all, checking in after a few days. As planned, we managed to get out riding both days of the weekend. Today’s ride was a bit faster than normal, and I was really feeling it in the legs towards the end. My husband doesn’t get how riding can be exercise when the horse is doing “all the work”. I’ll admit it’s easier than running or walking the same distance, but it’s still a decent al-over workout!

Food-wise it’s been an ok sort of weekend. I haven’t been particularly abstemious and tonight’s roast belly pork was a feast. Am still struggling with a plateau, which has been basically going on since Xmas. The motivation of knowing that I’m losing weight week on week was obviously a Big Deal for me and I find myself looking at the biscuit tin and snack cupboard more often than I was in December when it was all going so smoothly. I’ve not yet dived in but wooo the temptation.

In previous weight loss attempts this was where it all fell apart so I’m going to do my very best not to let that happen this time. See you all tomorrow xx

I HAVE FAITH IN YOU.!

Try more water, changing something up a bit? Give it two weeks.

I added a veggie snack to my repertoire and it caused a hiccup in my plateau once. Change up workout maybe too?
  • Gold6767
    Gold6767 Posts: 145 Member
    I had a good weekend in some terms (got a lot done around the house, watched my team win a playoff game Go Bills) but also not a good weekend in other terms...I skipped workouts for two consecutive days which made me feel like crap, also had a few drinks during the game making me feel even more crap-like. I'm at a common point in my fitness journey on the scale, this is within a couple pounds of where I have gotten stuck several times in the past. I'm trying to work through that mentally, but I really want to be down 2 pounds this month. It's not unrealistic in terms of pounds, but very difficult considering I've lost it here before. But I got up this morning and workout out, made a green shake for lunch and headed to work with some healthy snacks. I'm really hoping this week can be a turning point for me.
    @Dukare You made a human being you're amazing don't forget that. I can certainly relate to wanting to make a particular impression when meeting important people in your significant others' lives but give yourself. You are already making steps to get where you want to be, just keep it up.
    @ClearNotCloudyMind Those plateau points are hard, but keep pushing and when you get past it you are going to feel amazingly proud of your progress. You can do this.
    @SweatsOnSunday Meditation sounds like a great way to focus on the mental aspect of what we are all trying to do, great idea
    @tinybry sounds like you're doing great with balancing, keep it up those losses will come!
    @Gefiun Hoping you're able to find the balance and get some good sleep
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    edited January 2021
    Forgive me for butting in. I've been following this thread from the beginning, but haven't actually posted yet.

I'm concerned about @Rashmi411, who started this thread. Rashmi, I hope you and your family are doing okay!

It's nice to see this thread so active. I'm currently maintaining in a healthy range, but mentally I know a relapse could be right around the corner.
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,253 Member
    Morning all. Had a good week. Started dropping that easy fast out in weight last week. Took the weekend off for exercise but back into it today. Today’s plan is a full body quick Fitbit coach workout along with a 5 km outdoor walk this afternoon once it warms up some. Hope everyone is doing well
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    I had a pretty low key weekend and am now back to work for the week.
    Finally lost a small bit of weight and am feeling slightly more in control, I had one bad day last week but the rest were okay!

Im doing a work weight loss competition and also doing a challenge here on so im looking forward to January because of that.

I meant to get up this morning and workout but decided to sleep in so hopefully tomorrow I find that motivation to get up, working out at night is fine too but I would prefer to get it over with
  • HealthyTrent
    Good to hear about everyone's weekends! I ended up walking a total of 7.5 miles outside between the two weekend days. I'm pretty much on track with my 1000-mile goal this year - 26.5 miles so far, and if I were getting them in exactly evenly I'd be at 27.4. Last night I baked an egg casserole (eggs that have been whisked, mixed with a bunch of sautéed vegetables and a little bit of shredded cheese). This will be my breakfast for 4 days this week - It was great to be able to just reheat it this morning & enjoy it with my coffee. I'm really enjoying finding ways to include more veggies in all my meals. I think lunch will be more of my butternut squash soup, along with a salad that has some chicken breast in it.

A good NSV this weekend - some cargo pants that were previously quite tight on me around the waist are now loose-ish - I can pull them down without undoing the button & zipper. And a scale-victory - I weighed in at 227.2 this morning - have steadily dropped the last 4 days. I'm getting close to having lost 10% of my starting weight! (That will be when I hit 225, which is my current mini-goal.)
    PKM0515 wrote: »
    Forgive me for butting in. I've been following this thread from the beginning, but haven't actually posted yet.

I'm concerned about @Rashmi411, who started this thread. Rashmi, I hope you and your family are doing okay!

It's nice to see this thread so active. I'm currently maintaining in a healthy range, but mentally I know a relapse could be right around the corner.

Thanks for popping in @PKM0515 - I've been wondering about @Rashmi411 as well, and hope things are going okay.

@laurenebargar - I struggle getting up early to exercise sooooo much. I think I'm going to resort to this alarm clock mat I have, where you have to get up and stand on it for a few seconds to get it to turn off. I'm hoping by putting it across the room, the act of getting out of bed will encourage me to actually get up and going to start walking in the mornings.

@SweatsOnSunday - trying to work on letting go/not dwelling on what you can't change sounds like a worthwhile effort!

• ClearNotCloudyMind
    @dukare you blew my mind saying you haven’t got pavements where you live. Do you have to drive from your house to get out?! That’s unbelievable! Glad you have a nice park near you. Re meeting the folks, you’ve given them a grandchild. I suspect they’ll be lining up to worship rather than judging you on your weight! And it’s worth remembering that if you’re feeding a baby then you are already doing more exercise than the rest of us before you even get out of bed.

@laurenebargar @HealthyTrent @renaegry @Gold6767 congratulations on all of your victories. So good to see it’s working for you!

@PKM0515 @Serastar welcome, good to hear from you!

Today was a nice enough day. Can’t get into schools as a teacher because of the lockdown so went for a “run” after dropping my son off at school. Was so slow MFP tagged it as stationary but I was pleased to be able to do the route I had planned without walking. Add in a walk across town with the shopping plus collecting my son and I was nearly at @HealthyTrent levels of steps for the day!

The fly in my ointment was I snacked while cooking supper. And it was bordering on out of control... It was only dried mixed fruit and I did manage to walk away after a couple of “just one more” moments. However that’s definitely the kind of behaviour I’ve been trying to avoid, so a bit upset about that. Oh well, onwards and upwards.

Stay safe everyone.

• Dukare
    Hi all! You guys are doing so great! Makes me really motivated to keep charging forward!

After a weekend of sleep, I managed to get to work by 5, but then I ended up putting in an almost 12 hr day with the babe eating every other hour almost. ... so I didn't get a workout in - my brain was better after more water n food though. @ClearNotCloudyMind I snacked before dinner, but at least what you had were on the healthier side; you might have "binged" but to me, I just see you letting yourself have a little and had the power to choose a better snack and controlled to stop yourself! Kudos!! .. I ate a poptart. Lol.*sigh*

And yes! No sidewalks. We barely have a curb on the sides of roads, just drops into a ditch. I'm not used to it and can't wait till we can move into a better neighborhood for walkability.

We have a deliverable due Thursday that I'm going crazy at work with, and I have to get a crown prepped the day before, and the babe needs a vaccine visit. So I'm taking each day with the focus on water and better meals/snacks and will push for a workout but I'll settle for a nap and a shower hah.

Glad you guys made it through the weekend! Fantastic sounding (no matter how little or big the victories)!! Gotta love getting into those pants...🤗🤗🤗

Cheers guys!

• SunnyBunBun79
    SunnyBunBun79 Posts: 2,228 Member
    I managed to stay under my cals for a couple of days in a row!