What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,590 Member
    The Christmas goose is still providing confit. Salade aux gesiers for lunch.
    34un59xylkri.jpeg
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Pumpkin Cranberry Crackers.z5471ltdb7yh.jpg
    5ejr2p4y7m4p.jpg

You did good! They look absolutely perfect..
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    Pumpkin Cranberry Crackers.z5471ltdb7yh.jpg
    5ejr2p4y7m4p.jpg

You did good! They look absolutely perfect..

Why--thank you! Getting the round shape (putting in a tall glass jar or can to bake) is time consuming. I looked at your other pics again and will use small loaf pans next time lined w parchment paper. It will make things easier and quicker. I also plan to add multiple seeds and nuts and no sugar if I've got a dried fruit in there. Will report back.
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Hi All!

So this morning I was going to make Shakshuka and then realized I had gotten some fresh liver from the butcher that I didn’t want to go to waste...So... this is my morning hybrid ...

Liver cutlets
    Stewed tomatoes
    Spinach
    Cipollinis
    Fresh Basil, oregano, garlic
    Eggs

👩🏼‍🍳 Tasted pretty good. :)

bu39gtc6btt8.jpeg

• acpgee
    so63m6n7129e.jpeg

My first attempt at pasta aglio e olio, with gluten-free refrigerated egg noodles. I overcooked the garlic a bit and didn’t have pepper flakes. But it turned out really well; turns out gluten-free pasta water emulsifies pretty good! This is a small-ish bowl, I couldn’t even finish it it was so rich and filling

I love aglio olio. A trick to prevent overbrowning the garlic is to ladle in a splash of pasta water to stop the frying. Fresh chilli's in this are good too. I usually use finely diced Thai chillis known as mouse *kitten*, seeds and all, which I always have in the freezer.
  • acpgee
    Christmas mark III. Warmed up confit wing drumettes from the Xmas goose, leftover stuffing from the freezer, leftover cranberry sauce. i made a few roast potatoes and sauteed spinach from scratch.
    4dp9ym8auavm.jpeg
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    edited January 2021
    Wild boar meat sauce (with lots of sage) and zoodles. I sauté my zoodles as I think it gives a better flavor than raw but it sure does make the sauce soupy. I also sprinkled some fresh sage on top. Accompanied with a Simple Truth Organic Caesar salad and a glass of wine. I used the same wine in my meat sauce so it was a perfect match.

@o0Firekeeper0o In regards to pasta alternatives ... I've had the Krogers Simple Truth brown rice/cauliflower flower/amaranth flour fusilli and Jovial's Casava fusilli. Flavor for both is OK and they aren't fragile. But the graininess of the first kind of put me off and the latter is rather chewy with good flavor.

vb1a6c31rcpj.jpg

• acpgee
    The Xmas goose keeps on giving. Pate made from the liver with leftover cranberry sauce and brown bread.
    vpiav6dc6832.jpeg
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Mushroom risotto.37swg5h6mk70.jpg
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Leftover wild boar meat sauce with casava fusilli and sautéed baby kale.

40k8o0fy8drc.jpg