Women 200lb+, Let's Make It Count This January!!!

Replies

• Babycarrot337
    Babycarrot337 Posts: 18 Member
    Thank you for this!! I'm turning 40 the end of March and at 242 am the highest I've been, even through 3 pregnancies.

My motivation is to not be ashamed of myself when eating in front of people. To show my daughters what healthy means. To see if my last year of laziness and low energy is from depression or not. To stray away from being pre-diabetic.

I know I can't work a miracle by 40, but the confidence a little weight loss brings is truly amazing.

CW: 242

GW by March 25: 226 (5 lbs less than before the holidays)

GW by May 1: 215

GW by Sept 1: 199 (ONEderland! Haven't seen that in years!)

UGW: 175

1/4/21: 242 lbs
    1/11/21: 238.

I know it's water weight, but I've made good food choices and am happy with myself. Unfortunately I messed up my back and am restricted to no exercise for a bit. But hopefully will be given the ok by next week! 12 pounds to go for my baby goal on 3/25!
  • murphtang88
    murphtang88 Posts: 35 Member
    January 2021 stats
    32 years old
    Height: 5' 5"
    SW (5/1/2021): 242 lbs
    Month SW (5/1/21): 242lbs
    Goal weight: 150lbs
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    15/1/2021-
    22/1/2021-
    29/1/2021-

Weekly and Monthly Goals:
    * Keep logging in to MFP
    * Start yoga retreat program on BeachBody (I've paid for a year, I should use it lol).
    * 5 per day fruit and veg
    * 3 days per week vegetarian
    * Drink more water and less coffee

Mid-year Goal:
    * Get below 200lbs - target by June
  • Angief05
    Angief05 Posts: 102 Member
    January 2021 stats
    32 years old
    Height: 5' 5"
    SW (5/1/2021): 242 lbs
    Month SW (5/1/21): 242lbs
    Goal weight: 150lbs
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    15/1/2021-
    22/1/2021-
    29/1/2021-

Weekly and Monthly Goals:
    * Keep logging in to MFP
    * Start yoga retreat program on BeachBody (I've paid for a year, I should use it lol).
    * 5 per day fruit and veg
    * 3 days per week vegetarian
    * Drink more water and less coffee

Mid-year Goal:
    * Get below 200lbs - target by June

Good morning
    Those sound like great goals. Good luck! You can do it!
  • azalea4175
    azalea4175 Posts: 290 Member
    @changeforeverlj your running loop it gorgeous. Right now it is 19° and overcast, snow falling lightly. Too bad I love the sun, I'm super jealous you have such beautiful weather. Enjoy it, I'll enjoy it vicariously through you.
  • murphtang88
    murphtang88 Posts: 35 Member
    @Angief05 thank you! :) Hope so. Feeling very out of control of life at the moment...taking charge of my health will hopefully help :#
  • KMC55
    KMC55 Posts: 100 Member
    Fighting the good fight. Struggling this week with TOM cravings (why is chocolate so dang necessary during that time?). I am doing my best to be kind to myself with being as mindful as possible and making the best decisions but with how sore I am I cannot beat myself up for not having the drive to exercise on top of my usual busy life. I also need to get the detox going so that I can start to avoid the sugar again. Still working on that from the Holidays but I am NOT going to be "working on it from the Holidays" for the rest of the year. Like a post on here says "It is more important what you do between New Years and Christmas than what you do between Christmas and New Years". This is the important time. I can do this and will do this. Because I WANT THIS - more than what I want in the moment.
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    @Angief05 - you had asked what is too low for calorie goals. I would say that any calorie goal that is a struggle to maintain day in and day out is too low. Everyone has 'hungry' days when its a struggle. But if every day feels like a hungry day, than you are making it too hard. Remember, people who successfully lose a lot of weight do so by sticking with it. While reducing the size of your deficit means you will lose more slowly, in the end, it doesn't matter if it takes forever to get to your goal weight, because the changes that you need to make to get there also need to last forever.