1 week in

I m finding I have a strong distaste for exercise.

Replies

• Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    What kind(s) of exercise have you tried so far? There are many ways to exercise: walking, running, cycling, cardio machines, group classes, dancing, hiking, rowing, swimming, climbing, tennis, circuit training, boxing, roller blading... etc.. Alone or with friends. Indoors or outdoors. DVD, YouTube, trainer. Mornings, afternoons, evenings.

It's easiest to stick to if you pick something you enjoy doing at a time that works for you.
  • AsthmaticHippo
    AsthmaticHippo Posts: 62 Member
    Completely agree with @Redordeadhead. There are loads of different exercises you can do. Mix it up and find something you enjoy that way you will find it easy to keep doing it consistently
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    you lose weight in the kitchen.

you gain fitness in the gym.

While I encourage activity (of whatever kind you DO like) for cardiovascular and muscular health, to lose weight, you only need to eat at a deficit!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Bit of a problem if you have ambitions to look like someone who exercises. (Not squishy!)
    A more serious problem for your long term health.

Perhaps start from a different direction - what activities or sports that involve movement do you enjoy?
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    Maybe try to do activity rather than exercise for now. Play with baby/kids. Take them on walks (if that's allowed where you are). Do some major cleaning.
  • mlgoodsmb
    mlgoodsmb Posts: 16 Member
    I suggest you try logging calories daily, be honest, hit your goals, and when you start to see success you will get motivated to find an activity that suits you. I'm only 14 days in, but so far so good. Feel free to add me. Best wishes!
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    For exercise, do what's fun if you are only looking for general health and a bit of a calorie burn.