Serial Starters

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member
    g2qbtx5c57mo.jpeg
    *** January 11 ***

Hello everybody!

Oh, Sara, my weight is all over the graph. It is due to divorce-prep emotional eating. Yesterday I found some scary stuff in past financial statements, and I ate a metric ton of carbs and sweets. My body retains water with sugar intake, so Mr. Scale gave me the report this morning.....

*waving at Philippe for more black coffee*

Lana

268.0 today
    269.6 highest
    179.0 goal
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Happy Monday!

As my SO says today, I feel like I am swimming in glue. Can't seem to get going. Have no desire to actually work, so I half-heartedly attacked a messy corner in my living room. Can't really get deep into that project because it will take hours, but I did throw away a lot of stuff I brought home from my last job, six years ago.

I have so many work tasks that are behind that I do not know where to start. Executive Dysfunction has set in and I am stymied.

On the health front, my pain levels are lessening with the reduction in carbs. I have reduced my BC intake to 2-4 powders per day (down from 12-14) and my Advil intake to 4-8 (down from 24-30). Now I am waiting for the brain fog to lift.

Wishing a happy and productive day to everyone. Make the best choices you can in your situation.

Tracy in Tennessee
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Hello!
    Tracy - great job on the med reducing! You should feel great about that. That glue will lift - my suggestion: Start giving yourself credit! You cleaned up one part of that corner - great job! Give yourself credit and make the next small step. Take it baby steps and you will accomplish! :wink:
    Lana - I am so very sorry that you are still going through this stressful divorce crap!.
    Sara - i am so very glad your monster has three new staff to turn her attention to! Great job weathering through this.

CW 199.2
    HW 207
    GW 170

Happy Monday ~ Lynn
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 600 Member
    Hey, ladies. I'm obese again--hahahaha, 5 lbs up from yesterday after stuffing all that gas station pizza down yesterday. Well, it was an experiment, and I learned something. But it was way cool to be in the "promised land" for a few hours :)

Tracey, I hope you are doing ok. I'm not sure why you have pain but I am so sorry. Sounds like you are really getting a handle on it.

Lana, divorce takes so much out of you. I hope you are doing ok. We can zoom again, anytime you want (well, except while I'm teaching).

Anyone is invited to request a zoom, for that matter. It can be fun to meet new folks via Zoom.

Sara, keep up the walking. I'm feeling ashamed as I sit, slug-like, after 2 days of activity. I need you to inspire me.
  • LanaCabana537
    brennerjlb wrote: »
    Hello!
    Tracy - great job on the med reducing! You should feel great about that. That glue will lift - my suggestion: Start giving yourself credit! You cleaned up one part of that corner - great job! Give yourself credit and make the next small step. Take it baby steps and you will accomplish! :wink:
    Lana - I am so very sorry that you are still going through this stressful divorce crap!.
    Sara - i am so very glad your monster has three new staff to turn her attention to! Great job weathering through this.

CW 199.2
    HW 207
    GW 170

Happy Monday ~ Lynn

Lynn - Thank you so very much for your vibrancy and caring about the rest of us. You always read what we are going through and take the time to think about us and offer yourself and your time with a personal reply! Big hugs to you!
    Here's to you and Miss Maggie and your advice on flooring--I did look it up!

Someday, when all of this virus is over, I will make sure that my travels across America includes a stop at your house in Wisconsin.

XOXO
    Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    mkculs13 wrote: »
    Hey, ladies. I'm obese again--hahahaha, 5 lbs up from yesterday after stuffing all that gas station pizza down yesterday. Well, it was an experiment, and I learned something. But it was way cool to be in the "promised land" for a few hours :)

Tracey, I hope you are doing ok. I'm not sure why you have pain but I am so sorry. Sounds like you are really getting a handle on it.

Lana, divorce takes so much out of you. I hope you are doing ok. We can zoom again, anytime you want (well, except while I'm teaching).

Anyone is invited to request a zoom, for that matter. It can be fun to meet new folks via Zoom.

Sara, keep up the walking. I'm feeling ashamed as I sit, slug-like, after 2 days of activity. I need you to inspire me.

Aw - Maureen - Thank you very much for caring about the rest of us. Same as I said to Lynn - I think that I would like to come and visit Wisconsin for the first time ever!

In my planning fantasies I cheer myself up with the idea of swinging through Tennessee to see Tracy and then to Wisconsin and ultimately out to the Sacramento area of CA to see Miss Sara~~

Lana---who is so so tired right now~~~
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    You will be welcome any time, Lana!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,326 Member
    Good evening,

Sorry to be so late, but better late than never. Got 7k on my feet today. That is just amazing.

Had twitchy legs last night - I will try a couple of things to see what might help.

Tonight's salad - spinach with chicken, cold pork and beans (from can) and walnuts with a bbq/mayo dressing watered down.

One step at a time - doesnt seem like much but better than not doing anything, right? Keep up the good work.

I have been given permission to decorate for Valentine's Day at work. I will start crocheting hearts but will also print a lot of cupids on paper. This could get borderline obnoxious - yet somehow within taste.

Vaccine apt is Thursday - I do not have direct patient access but w/ HR in the building we do get new employees and other hospital people at times. So I get half Thursday off and Monster is gone tomorrow and Wednesday. She caught 2 of the new people talking (rolling my eyes). I am just glad the 2 new people get along!! Party time.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane out there.

• brennerjlb
    Hello!
    Not much new here.
    Sara - crocheted hearts - that is super awesome! I think this year is the perfect year for obnoxious. At my office people went way overboard on Christmas - but is was a nice distraction.
    Lana - Ms Maggie is super awesome. Shedding like a dog :wink: cant believe they have all that hair. thanks for asking. And your commends about me were very kind - thank you.
    Waves to all - Tracy, Dawn, Missy, Maureen, Lana, Runa, and anyone else stopping by.

CW - 199.4
    HW 207
    GW - 194 ( another Beck chapter - goals are 5 lbs at a time...small steps to bigger goal) by 1/22.

Happy Tuesday - ~Lynn
  • LanaCabana537

Goodness gracious - I am late to the party!

Hello to Lynn and Sara and Dawn and Tracy and Kathryn and Runa and Missy and Melissa in NYC and Maureen and everyone else who stops by later on~~

Sara - Ms Monster is a pip, isn't she? I think that she is just off her hormonal rocker. Glad you can decorate and glad that the two new peeps are getting along. They must wonder what kind of loony bin they've walked into.

Girls....what's for lunch today?

Lana

same as yesterday
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    We’re on lockdown here in the U.K. so I’m home with my two kids trying to work and get them to work. I keep thinking chocolate is the only answer right now. 🙈😂
  • LanaCabana537
    Oishii wrote: »
    We’re on lockdown here in the U.K. so I’m home with my two kids trying to work and get them to work. I keep thinking chocolate is the only answer right now. 🙈😂

Oishii - I agree. There are some circumstances where chocolate is by far the best answer!
    Stay safe over there 🌸

Lana
  • brennerjlb
    Lunch today was two hard boiled eggs and toast. Not much in my house to bring today :)
    Oisii- sorry about the stress of lockdown. Good luck!
  • mkculs13
    Oishii wrote: »

Wait, are you suggesting it might *not* be the answer? I'm pretty sure the answer is actually, "Chocolate and 42." Glad to have you aboard. I'm going to send you a friend request.

• mkculs13
    Hi to all. Hopping here today.

Lana, just for you: Lunch--Chicken, cheese, and pickle sandwich on toasted bread. I made one for my son too and he took off the pickles. I don't know where I went wrong. But, it was really good and filling. I had chicken pot pie, beets, and ice cream when I got home from school--at no breakfast so lunch was early. I went running where my school is, so I was pretty hungry by the time I got home. An early dinner. I have room in my cal budget for a heap of steamed veggies tonight, too, unless I decide to go for soup.

It got up to almost 35F today and felt so warm. That is the 2nd thing I remembered this week about why I like cold weather--you can leave groceries in the car outside for quite a while, and being at or below 20F so much makes everything above 30 seem really nice. My first run in 12 days and my 3rd workout. I guess I'm getting back to it. The sun was out, too, so it was all around joyful.

Lynn, what kind of dog is Maggie? My 2--Australian Shepherd, and an Aussie/BC mix--shed so much. I had them groomed about 2 weeks ago and it really does make a HUGE difference. I only get about a rabbit's worth of hair each day right now, since they were so recently groomed. Pic of Skye, the purebred, for attention. She is rarely so still. Radar always lies under tables so it's harder to get a decent pic of him indoors.

mmdbnwadeybm.jpeg

• LanaCabana537

Wow - Maureen! My lunch turned out to be a chicken and cheese sandwich on a toasted Kaiser roll! I thought about the pickle and then forgot it. LOL!

See you tomorrow~~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,326 Member
    Good evening,

Late coming in. Easily distracted. 6k today again.

Working on nice warm shawl so I can move on to next project and help "clean up" my yarn pile.

Salad repeat on last night it was so good and I am lazy.

Got most of my books and greeting cards...

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.

• LanaCabana537
    l5a6jpj47izs.jpeg

Good morning all

My Internet is down. I’m doing this on my little phone.

Hopefully I’ll be back later.

Lana
  • brennerjlb
    Hello all!
    Happy Wednesday. I actually see the sun today! Quite uplifting!
    Maureen- Maggie is a lab. mdb5p8wlw8an.jpg
    She and I are quite attached. Took the place of my kids leaving the nest :smile:
    Waves to all - will pop in again later.
  • mkculs13
    Lynn, I was pretty sure she was a lab. Handsome girl.

I had the same lunch just now. I get 1 lb of sliced chicken breast and try to eat it before it goes bad, so sandwiches for a few days in a row. In the past, I've discovered I crave the texture of biting into a sandwich of all and this really helps. I eat pot pies for the pie crust.

It's 39F but I've got students coming out of the woodwork today and had to cut my time in DP short, but at least we got out. Hoping to get in another mile or two after my last meeting, about 4:30. Will be getting dark but I can walk on the streets with Skye. She is almost leash trained. I'm so bad at practicing with her :)

Hoping you all have a good day.