Looking for smoothie recipes!

WarmDontBurn
WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,255 Member
I am not a huge fan of veggies and don't get enough fruit in my diet so I am looking for a chalked full of fruit/veggie smoothie. Only stipulation is it must be 250 calories or less!

Thinking spinach, blueberries and......

Replies

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    I don't drink them often, but my typical recipe is 140 grams of frozen mixed fruit, and a total of about 200 grams of some combination of raw cucumber, celery, shredded carrot, kale, and/or spinach (all of these are pretty easy to hide in a smoothie). Crank than in my Ninja with some water and maybe a bit of stevia.

If you find the kale, celery, or shredded carrot to be a bit too strong for your taste, try microwaving them for about a minute before adding to the frozen fruit.
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    I usually eat smoothies at least once a day. However, I eat them as a meal and they're high protein with a little bit of healthy fat, so they're usually a minimum of 350 calories.
  • Angela937
    Angela937 Posts: 514 Member
    Get a whey isolate protein powder. There's a brand called PB2 I think, that is Peanut Butter powder, and they also have a PB with chocolate powder. I do a scoop of chocolate powder, 2 TBSP of the PB2, medium banana, cup of milk, and some ice and blend it up in my Ninja.
  • Angela937
    6t84n6lfw3uu.jpg
  • Angela937
    d898zt05c629.jpg
  • Angela937
    vc1d03j1nnu3.jpg
  • Angela937
    ths7mm20wrqj.jpg
  • Prep Time: 5min - Cook Time: 0min. πŸ‘πŸ½

kfjxve8zvdp2.png
    msxf530yn4s5.png

@chloeguo, @moni94, @Poco_Loco, @carolinak74, @pavanreddym2013, @lizadoliddle, @correen_b, @paulperryman, @yungibear
    Scan with myFitnesspal to easily count the calories. πŸ‘πŸ½ πŸ’ͺ🏽
  • ehju0901
    ehju0901 Posts: 351 Member
    Anyone have suggestions on adding coconut to smoothies? I was first trying to find a yogurt to use, but I can't find any larger containers near me. Then I tried finding a coconut protein powder, but they were all chocolate-coconut.

I suppose I could try coconut milk? Trying to be somewhat cost-effective.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    ehju0901 wrote: Β»
    Anyone have suggestions on adding coconut to smoothies? I was first trying to find a yogurt to use, but I can't find any larger containers near me. Then I tried finding a coconut protein powder, but they were all chocolate-coconut.

If you're looking for that coconut flavor, you can use graded coconut. Coconut milk doesn't taste very coconuty to me...I think most of the flavor is in the meat. You could also try coconut cream used in cooking or cream of coconut (coconut cream and sugar to make a syrup) which is widely used in tropical cocktails.
  • ehju0901
    ehju0901 Posts: 351 Member
    ehju0901 wrote: Β»

If you're looking for that coconut flavor, you can use graded coconut. Coconut milk doesn't taste very coconuty to me...I think most of the flavor is in the meat. You could also try coconut cream used in cooking or cream of coconut (coconut cream and sugar to make a syrup) which is widely used in tropical cocktails.

Thanks, I'll have to look for this next time I'm in the grocery store!
  • huskers0079
    huskers0079 Posts: 9 Member
    One of my favorites lately is a pumpkin pie smoothie I invented. I will get canned pumpkin puree, scoop out 1 cup, freeze it overnight, pop it out of the plastic container the next day, then use 1 serving of vanilla protein powder, 3 tbs of Splenda, 3 tbs of cinnamon, 2.5 cups vanilla almond milk, .25 cup of oatmeal, and ice. It is glorious.
  • gpanda103
    gpanda103 Posts: 189 Member
    I’d give protein fluff a look. It’s basically protein powder, ice, and Xanthan gum.