Women 200lb+, Let's Make It Count This January!!!

Replies

• osier5
    osier5 Posts: 429 Member
    @summerhaze71 Thank you for your post! That is a great idea. I need to start thinking about my mood and my food choices. I have A LOT of maladaptive thinking patterns around food!
  • VickyEltonGreen
    VickyEltonGreen Posts: 116 Member
    GrammaLisa, you are too funny, made me smile today with your post. I am finding I need to break to eat( taught 5 hours of Zoom classes yesterday. Still getting out each day for my walk but we are in another 28 day lock down here in Ottawa.

I am so grateful though as I read through the posts it sure is not an easy time. Amazing when you think about it we are all still focusing on our health goals too.

Stay safe everyone, sending positivity your way today!
  • LisaGetsMoving
    LisaGetsMoving Posts: 664 Member
    GrammaLisa, you are too funny, made me smile today with your post. I am finding I need to break to eat( taught 5 hours of Zoom classes yesterday. Still getting out each day for my walk but we are in another 28 day lock down here in Ottawa.

I am so grateful though as I read through the posts it sure is not an easy time. Amazing when you think about it we are all still focusing on our health goals too.

Stay safe everyone, sending positivity your way today!
    Glad to made you smile! Are you a teacher? I love teachers & have a few in the family!

The pandemic prompted me to put my health as a #1 priority. I didn't do that at first, when the lockdowns started. I spent a lot of time lounging on the sofa, watch TV and snacking my way into a bigger size. Then, I thought, what the heck am I doing to myself and got on board with taking care of my health.

• AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    edited January 2021
    I'm having real problems finding comfortable bras a size down. The issue got put off a bit with December weight gain, but as I lose that I'm feeling it in my shoulders again.... the band is too loose, and I'm hanging a lot of weight off my shoulders. The 34Gs I got were pretty but only had 2 hooks, and that felt really unstable. I'm used to a broad 4-hook back band. Am ordering some new bras in an 34H to see if that ends the cup spillage that I had in those G cups. And am hoping that I lose some weight in that dimension because otherwise I will definitely be getting a reduction when I get my weight lost, and that fast and early.
  • Hello! I'm just now jumping on this thread. I will try to go back and read more of your posts. I'm Karen from Texas. I have a lot of weight to lose. My first goal is to get out of the 300s and I'm keeping my daily goals simple to begin with.

Daily Goals:
    ✔ Log every bite
    ✔ Drink 64 ounces of water
    ✔ Step, Walk, or Legzercise 20 minutes a day

Height: 5'3"
    SW: 331.3
    CW: 326.6
    GW: 195

Good to meet you, Karen! This is a wonderful group of women and they are so very supportive and encouraging.
  • LisaGetsMoving
    LisaGetsMoving Posts: 664 Member
    @muttiNB Wow, just wow. The progress you've made in 21 months is phenomenal! It inspires me to be patient. It reminds me that if I take it slow and easy and just do the simple things like log in the foods and exercises, the weight will come off. And physically & mentally I will feel better. I really think these kinds of reminders are helpful for those of us who have more than 10 or 20 pounds to lose. We are in it for the long haul.

Hello to all the new people! We are going to crush this weight loss thing in 2021 !!!
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    @AlexandraFindsHerself1971 - my cup size didn't really start to shrink until the last 10 pounds. And it was kind of sudden - like it was the only place I was losing weight. I'm sure that's not accurate, but that what it felt like when suddenly my 36 DD cups were half empty. I'm now in a 34 D. Anyway, I hope you get there and that you won't have to wait until the very end for it to happen.
  • twosteplove
    twosteplove Posts: 41 Member
    I feel like I’ve accomplished something! I’ve had 2 days in a row with keeping my carbs below 100. Woo Hoo!!
    It’s the little things.

Also, a friend of mine suggested a devotional called, “Crave”. It helps you to rather than putting your attention of craving for food you put your attention to God. The whole point is craving God in your life rather than food. I have really enjoyed it. I thought someone here might want to check it out.

Great job with the carbs!! I really struggle with cutting those down.

Thanks for the “Crave” recommendation i am going to check it out for sure.

• twosteplove
    twosteplove Posts: 41 Member
    I'm having real problems finding comfortable bras a size down. The issue got put off a bit with December weight gain, but as I lose that I'm feeling it in my shoulders again.... the band is too loose, and I'm hanging a lot of weight off my shoulders. The 34Gs I got were pretty but only had 2 hooks, and that felt really unstable. I'm used to a broad 4-hook back band. Am ordering some new bras in an 34H to see if that ends the cup spillage that I had in those G cups. And am hoping that I lose some weight in that dimension because otherwise I will definitely be getting a reduction when I get my weight lost, and that fast and early.

I hear ya! The struggle to find the right bra is awful. Not to mention so expensive! Ive found myself this past week realizing i need fo get some new ones too but i hate spending the money. I do really like the ones from Torrid. Not sure if you have one by where you live but they do have online shopping too.
    Where does everyone usually find theirs? Does anyone else have a good recommendation?
  • lynney_s
    lynney_s Posts: 89 Member
    I am back AGAIN. Can't use lockdown as an excuse as I have worked through all of them. I just got lazy and ate too much.
    I want to gain my size 16 self again!
    Stay fine and dandy everyone