I'm still a work in progress. (370 lbs. to 261 lbs.)

jessalittlemore
jessalittlemore Posts: 65 Member
edited January 2021 in Success Stories
yvq7e1n8p1sk.jpg

I haven't been active on here in a while, had a lot of hard days last year. I didn't meet my goal in 2020 (getting to 250 lbs), but considering just how much of that awful year I spent battling my anxiety and depression on a near daily basis, I feel like I have to mark it as a win that I made movement towards my goals at all.

I've mentioned before that I was an obese child and have carried that weight my entire adult life. I sometimes feel like I'm trying to build a healthy adult from scratch. I'm still very much a work in progress, but no matter how many times I lose faith or confidence in myself I just have to keep thinking of what I have to look forward to.

My next goal is to hit 250 by my birthday in April. This upcoming birthday is significant to me because my aunt died at the age I will be this year. I've often felt as that it would be unfair for me to continue past this age living less of a life than I want or deserve, when she didn't even get those years. I just have to look forward at the future as what it is, so full of opportunities and possibilities that I don't want to be afraid to reach for.

Replies

• nklp
    nklp Posts: 62 Member
    You look phenomenal - well done on such a huge loss!
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    Your story really inspired me!
  • themrsc13
    themrsc13 Posts: 1 Member
    Wonderful progress, I feel I can completely relate to your story and your journey. Wishing you all the success this year that you deserve to achieve your goals.
  • shakenbake57
    shakenbake57 Posts: 312 Member
    The journey is the destination. Sounds like you're experiencing ups and downs and meeting those challenges. Great job! You can sou it!
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,111 Member
    Well, done! While goals are good, I think that this is a life-time journey. Don't bother with the negatives ( not making goals), but be positive and just focus on the progress you've made. And remember, you only fail when you quit....Great job so far, and bask in your victories....
  • BexB42
    BexB42 Posts: 32 Member
    Looking great! Just keep going. That red lip look is really awesome on you! :)
  • pizzafruit
    pizzafruit Posts: 317 Member
    Of course you deserve this! Everyday day holds a challenge and you've met them head on. I used to think that I was meant to live my life overweight and unhappy. It's taken me years to turn my thinking around and there are days I still struggle with negative self talk. I have to remind myself often that even though I believed I had no choice, I do. We are our own best friends. Congratulations and continued success.
  • SweetP27
    SweetP27 Posts: 216 Member
    "I've often felt as that it would be unfair for me to continue past this age living less of a life than I want or deserve, when she didn't even get those years." This really spoke to me. Thank you.
  • el5pak6b
    el5pak6b Posts: 1 Member
    Congrats on you weight loss. You are an inspiration. Keep up the good work, you got this!
  • monkeywrench67
    monkeywrench67 Posts: 3 Member
    My inspiration for the day. Thank you for sharing your success!
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,070 Member
    You have already done amazing things for yourself and will continue to do so. Also - I have to say - you have amazing skin! All the best to you with your goals.
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Freaking awesome, girl!! You inspire!! keep it up!!
  • ManlyMutt
    ManlyMutt Posts: 23 Member
    I'm about to reach my 100 pound weight loss milestone.. I started at 385 and just today weighed in at 291! We're rocking it!
  • jessalittlemore
    Thank you everyone for your wonderful encouragement, it's such a boost!

@ManlyMutt Congratulations on the milestone, that's amazing. We can do it, we just have to keep going forward! :smiley:
  • srempfer555
    srempfer555 Posts: 4 Member
    Be good to yourself, it sounds like you beat yourself up a bit. What a great accomplishment, and very inspiring. Thank you for sharing. You got this!
  • AccountableAmber
    AccountableAmber Posts: 90 Member
    Great job! You look incredible. I love your dress in the first photo!
  • jessalittlemore
    Great job! You look incredible. I love your dress in the first photo!
    Thanks! I love it too, definitely going to see about tailoring it or reusing it in some way once I'm at my goal weight.
  • bernshrop
    bernshrop Posts: 5 Member
    AWESOME!!!! You are such an inspiration. I love the transparency of your inner and outer self. You motivated me for my outer self and take a word from me for you inner self......the rear view mirror is there for a reason that's why it is so small compared to the front window...You have your whole life ahead of you. We are only on earth for a visit. My sister you already look fabulous.....Continue on your journey, many Blessings.
  • Lolinloggen
    Lolinloggen Posts: 463 Member
    Well done! You look fantastic, You mention that your mental health suffered over the last year, but what I also read is that you give yourself the credit for what you did achieve and less on the fact that it is not quite what your aim was. That positive acknowledgement of your latest achievement is a great step forward as well
  • joshuawatts98
    joshuawatts98 Posts: 1 Member
    you go girl amazing effort
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!