Here to win!

Hey everyone! My name is Kristi and I'm here for one of the main reasons this community exists: to lose weight!
After giving birth to a beautiful baby girl, I continue to struggle with postpartum thyroiditis, and just having a hard time losing the weight I gained when pregnant! I would like to lose about 80lbs to truly feel at my best! I really need to find the confidence I lost and I just want to feel healthy again! I look forward to making this happen, and of course feel free to become my friend so we can push each other! Best of luck to all. -Kristi

Replies

• 0atmeel
    0atmeel Posts: 157 Member
    First of all, congrats on your baby girl! I think you should be here to lose, as in that 80lbs😊. Take it one day at a time, you got this!!!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Welcome to MFP, @therandazzinator! Congrats on your baby girl! What steps are you planning to take to help you reach your goal?
  • labebesita
    labebesita Posts: 11 Member
    millerjr5 wrote: »
    First of all, congrats on your baby girl! I think you should be here to lose, as in that 80lbs😊. Take it one day at a time, you got this!!!

Haha you said it right, we are here to lose in the best way possible :smile:
  • labebesita
    labebesita Posts: 11 Member
    Welcome to MFP, @therandazzinator! Congrats on your baby girl! What steps are you planning to take to help you reach your goal?

Hi @quiksylver296! Thank you for the welcoming! So far I'm truly focusing on calorie deficit! I would like to try an anti inflammatory lifestyle as I know it would be beneficial for my thyroid and chostocondritis I've been dealing with! I feel like at 28 its too early for these issues to be starting :neutral:
    I would also love to incorporate workouts in my regimen. Honestly I'm not a fan of cardio but o do love weightlifting and just weight machinery in general. If you have any advice, please feel free to tell me!!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    I’m all about calorie deficit and lifting heavy things! If you’re lifting, find a proven progressive plan. Don’t just wing it. I started with Stronglifts 5x5, and loved it.