January 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• thisvickyruns
    thisvickyruns Posts: 193 Member
    OH my, I absolutely cannot keep up with yall.. This has to be the fastest moving thread in the west. and east and north and south. :)

I love reading all the stories tho.

Summer

agreed!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,947 Member
    Yeah for feeling well enough to go for a run @Faebert . Hope you continue to feel better and stronger every day.

@marisap2010 Glad work is calming down. Sounds like you had a great run.

• eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,654 Member
    Anyone else unable to get into Strava on their phones, or has it just decided to hate me? I get a page saying 'Welcome back, we need to check and confirm the Facebook information you'd like to share with Strava', but when I click on continue it just keeps loading the same page over and over again.
    I'm getting emails of likes and challenges I've completed and stuff so it's obviously syncing with my Garmin, but it won't let me in.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,052 Member
    @Tramboman I guess bananas are the key for putting fun in your run! A little drizzle of chocolate syrup or melted PB is one of my daughter's favorite snacks.
    @Faebert Glad to hear you felt well enough to get out for a run. I hope you feel better soon.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,052 Member
    @TheMrWobbly That graph does look pretty harsh! I have used strava for a couple of years so my graphs are nicer to me. It does sometimes tell me that I was slower than normal or lower effort or something if I do an easy run on a route where I have been doing my speed work for a few days. :D
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,947 Member
    You are doing great @martaindale ! Those are amazing times!

Who cares what Strava says @TheMrWobbly . I think you are amazing too! I'm sure once there's more data points, it'll look better.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    8 miles on the Greenline. A lot more people than usual were wearing masks today, maybe because the wind is starting to be chilly. Nice bright day, perfect running weather, during my walk afterwards I wished I had gloves though.

First race of the Winter off-road series Sunday. It’s in-person which I am not up for, since our cases are very high. Very disappointed since I placed in AG two years in a row and hoped to defend my title! There is a virtual option, but no awards for virtual, just a leaderboard. I am considering doing the virtual anyway, just to support the local group.

However, I have a conundrum. The rules for the virtual series say that you can do it anywhere. However it’s named the OFF ROAD series. Looking at the times already entered online I can tell very few other virtual runners are actually doing it off road - I know many of these people and these are their road times. So do I run it on trails, because it’s a trail series, or do I run it on roads like everybody else so my time will be comparable?

At the moment I’m leaning towards doing both, running a fast race on roads and also a slower one on trails, maybe even the same course as the in person so I can compare.