New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Pili nut obsession continues.... with another flavor I tried. Pizza. Doesn’t have a great pizza flavoring that I expected. I was hoping for a stronger flavor but still good. I added some of my own garlic salt and then they were excellent! kbk1k5bcs8vb.jpeg
    1meecy1dcvr4.jpeg
  • beulah81
    beulah81 Posts: 168 Member
    Can’t remember if I posted but I love these. Yes I know they are for babies, lol but only 15 cal per pack and they have a nice light berry flavor I like. I like to have with nut butter spread or powdered pb/almond butter. jy2kqrak6ukt.jpeg
    I had them when I was at my sisters a few months ago because she gets them for her kids and liked them so much I got more.

Banana ones are also very good, especially with nut and/or seed butter.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    neldabg wrote: »
    hgycta wrote: »
    @hgycta , @pancakerunner , or anyone else really: how IS Halo Top these days? I stopped eating it a couple years ago because it seemed like their quality control took a nose dive. I was consistently getting pints that were like 1/5th empty and riddled with freezer burn. From different stores too so I feel like it wasn’t a store problem :/

Honestly since I stopped counting calories and found out my weight hasnt changed on me after doing so I haven’t really had any pints o: I normally love their gingerbread house so I’m kicking myself now for not getting at least one but I’ve been making so much of my own homemade ice cream my freezer space has become limited haha. When I see the new vanilla caramel milkshake I’m trying it and reporting back ASAP.
    @hgycta , @pancakerunner , or anyone else really: how IS Halo Top these days? I stopped eating it a couple years ago because it seemed like their quality control took a nose dive. I was consistently getting pints that were like 1/5th empty and riddled with freezer burn. From different stores too so I feel like it wasn’t a store problem :/

I don’t buy it anymore... not really a company I care to support.

Well that’s a big cliffhanger right there, now I’m dying to know what they did that I missed o.o

Re: Halo Top... since they were bought by Wells their marketing, product quality and customer service has tanked IMO. It was fun when they were still a scrappy startup company, but now it is very corporate and has lost its novelty

This thread of replies - so it wasn't just me who noticed. I didn't realize that there was a new company in charge at some point. The downward trend is extremely noticeable. I haven't bought a pint in forever.

I haven’t either. I noticed the popularity really died down but thought maybe it was because the weather was changing.

I agree, it definitely had died down a BUNCH. I had no clue they got bought out, that’s such a shame I loved their history. :/
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    Can’t remember if I posted but I love these. Yes I know they are for babies, lol but only 15 cal per pack and they have a nice light berry flavor I like. I like to have with nut butter spread or powdered pb/almond butter. jy2kqrak6ukt.jpeg
    I had them when I was at my sisters a few months ago because she gets them for her kids and liked them so much I got more.

What's the consistency of these things? Are they light and crunchy like a chip or more dense like a cookie?
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    mgek587vtcvo.png
  • Noreenmarie1234

What's the consistency of these things? Are they light and crunchy like a chip or more dense like a cookie?
    They are super light and airy like a rice cake.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    zi5vdstv6o9w.jpeg
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member

My daughter (who is 19 months old) shares your love of these ;) They are a pretty decent little snack, I’ll give you that. I’m not sure if you have an Aldi near you, but if you do you can get a box of these for around $2, which is certainly cheaper than places like Target
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    edited January 2021
    03rizfcv6w3j.jpeg

5ncl01fxr32n.jpeg

This was halfway decent actually. The label is a bit misleading as you can see; the pasta is made from lentils, peas and cauliflower, so that’s a little annoying if you care about things like that. Mine took 4.5 minutes to cook and even then some of the noodles were a little too chewy, but otherwise the texture is like chickpea or whole wheat pasta. The cheese was normal and the pasta didn’t have any strange flavor so all in all it was pretty good.

This is one of those, ‘If I saw these on mega clearance for like 50 cents or something I would absolutely stock up’, but not something I’ll be paying $2.50 for again.
  • nhguy78
    nhguy78 Posts: 34 Member
    Brami Foods lupini beans - I've been trying to find out why their product is so much lower in total carbs than others' products. These beans don't have starch apparently but some products indicate they have more total carbs than Brami. How is that possible?
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    xuut4aqa1i61.png

Was all "yay!!!" until I saw the calories. :p
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    qgijpvlr61kd.png
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    edited January 2021
    qgijpvlr61kd.png

So, basically a copy cat of Love Grown Os? I guess if it's cheaper or tastes better.

Just checked and it has monk fruit extract. I have not had the guts to try it after my stevia issues. Monk fruit was also originally tested as an antibiotic, just like stevia. Stevia decimates my microbiome.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member

My daughter (who is 19 months old) shares your love of these ;) They are a pretty decent little snack, I’ll give you that. I’m not sure if you have an Aldi near you, but if you do you can get a box of these for around $2, which is certainly cheaper than places like Target

huc8bv6mirqd.png
    I haven't had these in a few months, but use to buy these regularly...among 'baby' mini rice cakes2bgztgh8t8ab.png
  • Noreenmarie1234
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »

huc8bv6mirqd.png
    I haven't had these in a few months, but use to buy these regularly...among 'baby' mini rice cakes2bgztgh8t8ab.png
    I’m going to have to get the sweet potato and banana ones now 😅!!