Let it GO! Decluttering (simplifying) your life of (people, places or things) success stories?

Replies

• Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    I have an excel workout sheet with 4 columns labeled:

1) Category (organizing, de-cluttering, cleaning, etc)
    2) Chore (could be a room, a drawer, boxes, garage, cars, etc.)
    3) Status: on going/started, pending, etc
    4) Completion/Date: The date that the chore was all done (bolded and in red)

It helps me to keep track of what needs to be done, register the completed task(s), and to add notes if the cleaning or whatever, was delayed/pending (reason). For me it is another way to be more organized, and to start with the easier task that can be done quickly. It is a morale boost.

What an excellent idea! It helps with the planning, breaking the project into reasonable "bite-sized" bits, and creates a way to track and feel good about what's been done.
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    RubyRed427 wrote: »

My grandmother taught me another tip. When you clean a room, clean in order like go clockwise. Don't zig zag when you clean. Just clean in clockwise order.
    My biggest hurdle is I have no success selling things on Facebook marketplace. My friend sells things on there all the time and makes hundreds of dollars. I post a few things and they never sell. Any ideas?

Great ideas!
    It helps when selling things on-line to have good pictures. Make sure the item is clear. It may help to have pictures of the front and back (or sides, top, open/closed). Check whether it looks better against a plain background or "in place" - for instance glassware might look better if you also have a picture of it as part of a place setting. Depending on what you're selling, it may help to give measurements or materials, and list any features. Also make sure your prices are in the normal range - usually less than 1/2 the original price. See what prices are listed for similar items.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    I like Terri's idea about a marker & donating clothes not worn and will probably try this after Covid is "over". At this point, since I am not going anywhere this would not be effective for me. I am just wearing my regular "at home" clothes, lol.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,155 Member
    @Robin_Bin Thanks so much for the ideas~ I will try them!
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    edited January 2021
    I got the business paper work sorted and put away last weekend. New files ready for the new year. Have some shredding left, but working on it.
    Also, got some shelf liner this weekend. Will be implementing that idea!
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Good for you @snoo61, I need to start working in my 2020 paper work and get rid of tax related stuff that is already over 7 years old. I am not looking forward to that, really. o:)
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    On Saturday I’m going to go through the paper files in our house and blitz them! I’m putting it down here so I commit to it

You know what they say Only handle a paper once... either shred, file or recycle .

@RubyRed427 i have actually never heard this saying. I still get paper bills for the water and power/gas, I’ve been filing them but as my partner pointed out it’s not like I need too! I have a record of paid bills on the website and receipts in my email!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,930 Member
    I’ve graduated to non paper statements/bills for utilities and most of my other purchases. Junk mail now goes straight into the recycle bin. Now, if I can just get DH to do the same thing ......
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    You are all so motivating!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!